I just picked up a Keltec RFB Bullpup..18inch barrel 26inches overall takes FAL mags..was $1650 out the door im STOKED will get some pics and a range report up soon its to cold to shoot here atm soon as this weather breaks im on it... ..wanted to get pcis at the shop but forgot the camera. will have them soon..

Welcome to the forum! :beer:

Definitely keep us updated. I'm considering this rifle myself. I'm just wondering what type of accuracy it can deliver. Might make a nice DMR setup, if it can keep a good group.

Corbin

P.S. I love Louisville. We have a friend that lives down there that we visit whenever we get a chance.

Edited by Corbin

$1650 for a Kel-Tec? I'd hate to see how much it'd cost if some other manufacture made it!

Those do look like really neat guns. It seems like a good bit of engineering went into the extraction system. I'm interested to know how it works for you.

And too cold to shoot? Is that a real thing?

• Like 1

The colder the better, so you can test the operation of your rifle and optics in crappy conditions. That would be something I would particularly want to do for the as-yet unproven RFB design.

I saw a suppressed one at the range the other day. Neat gun. The owner said it has been 100% reliable so far, but I bet it doesn't like steel cased ammo, so it would probably be a no-go for me.

I just picked up a Keltec RFB Bullpup..18inch barrel 26inches overall takes FAL mags..was $1650 out the door im STOKED will get some pics and a range report up soon its to cold to shoot here atm soon as this weather breaks im on it... ..wanted to get pcis at the shop but forgot the camera. will have them soon..

Welcome to the forum! That rifle is on my short list.

Yakdung

The colder the better, so you can test the operation of your rifle and optics in crappy conditions. That would be something I would particularly want to do for the as-yet unproven RFB design.

I saw a suppressed one at the range the other day. Neat gun. The owner said it has been 100% reliable so far, but I bet it doesn't like steel cased ammo, so it would probably be a no-go for me.

I pinched this from another board. It is a response from a Kel-Tec Tech.

post-13534-0-40234900-1291906557_thumb.jpg

Yakdung

UPDATE-- Thought i would let you all know what is going on with my RFB. i order a PWS Muzzle break and Troy micro Battle sights and a case of American Tactical Imports...should have everything here in a week or so...i also add a neoprene pad over top receiver to get a lil more grip and comfort. The weapon system feels great the trigger feels wonderful i have broke it down and cleaned all the factory lube out and have lightly coated with Break Free CLP been using snap caps is free the action up some and overall just break it a little.Gonna use some AT for breaking in i have some 175 grain blackhills 110 grain TAP and some other ammo with use everything i have and see where the chips fall.

1 http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=142&idcategory=6

2 http://troyind.com/%20/battlesights/troy-battlesight-set-micro-doa-tritium-now-available

3. http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/cPath/24_100_279/products_id/2998

Edited by HBTANK

WOOHOO! Just put one on layaway! Come on February!

YARP,

If I don't have one by then, think we can get together at the Pit or whatever so I can see how it shoots/handles?

Without a doubt Corbin. I was thinking of getting rid of one of my FALS (safe queen and a dupe of my GPR/GSR) in order to get it faster. Possibly January.

After handling one today at the gun show I want it! Felt very balanced, solid and not cheap. The seller was asking a bit too much ($1900) and I just got done paying for an sbr so this is will be on hold for possibly spring time.

You can get them for about 1400$. I saw one last weekend at a gunshow and shouldered one for the first time and I love it as well. It feels really handy and the weight is totally manageable, especially in the bullpup configuration. I'd throw some MBUS sights and an EOTech on it and I think it'd be a perfect urban battle rifle.

Where are you guys buying this thing that it costs so much. Saw one at my my local shop today for$1200 with 1 mag NIB.

I like the fact that it takes FAL mags, but ill stick with my FAL. If I were to buy a new rifle today it would be a loaded M1A or a new FN Scar 17s .308. He has one of those in stock to for $2375.

$1400.00 is the norm, haven't seen one lower then that though. Greylupo if you've got a couple bucks laying around you should scoop that one up.......I'm still seeing them go on gunbroker for an average of $1650.00 (shipping not included).

$1400.00 is the norm, haven't seen one lower then that though. Greylupo if you've got a couple bucks laying around you should scoop that one up.......I'm still seeing them go on gunbroker for an average of $1650.00 (shipping not included).

I would but $$$$ is tighter than a nuns pantys right now, plus I would have to pick up buis plus a red dot..

Getting restless waiting on my ammo to finally make it here lala...Mine was 1650 OTD like i said..i found it online and had never heard of it i went looking at my local shops and most of them had never seen it either some said they might be able to order it...gun-broker had one for 1599.00 plus x-fer and fees..the shop that i found it at just got it in that morning was still in the UPS box they priced it for 1850.00 i told them id rather keep the cash in my town vrs randomly somewhere else and they matched the GB price idk if i over paid or not honestly...i feel like 1650 was a good price baring the weapon functioning like garbage

My dealer cost on these is 1099 sans shipping.

If you paid 1650, your dealer FUCKED YOU, plain and simple.

I mean if you are happy about the price, and you really wanted the gun, then, why bitch, but right now, the RFB and the 30 Round 22mag pistol are both worth their weight in gold to UNSCRUPULOUS dealers, who take advantage of the short supply of new firearms.

The guy at 1200, he's gotta be a good dealer, thats a fair price, hell, I would take it myself for that, but, so far I have had three (3) Kel Tec pistols with failure to fire issues over funky hammer/trigger systems, so I am in no rush for one of these, as I figure, they gotta be working bugs out as they send them out the door, at least, thats always been their record in the past.

Found it online at 4 am...never seen it before...found one in the hills of kentucky for fuck sake after calling every shop with in 75 miles..and had it in hand by 11am...got fucked?..maybe but never the less i like it and it is what it is

HBTANK, If your test area can safely allow, would you give result of ejection on highly elevated target. Haven't gotten any tester's example of this. Front ejection set up, this could be it's weakness. Do like the Troy sights, have on a Rock River LAR 8. Can get a good deal on one of these RFBs. :smoke: P.S. On price, heck, have done the same myself on a couple purchases, patience isn't always my strong point. Couple times waited too long for price drop, and then production stops, and prices get crazy. Seen some real quality or dependable weapons stop production do to various business or political reasons.

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 1

HBTANK, If your test area can safely allow, would you give result of ejection on highly elevated target. Haven't gotten any tester's example of this. Front ejection set up, this could be it's weakness. Do like the Troy sights, have on a Rock River LAR 8. Can get a good deal on one of these RFBs. :smoke: P.S. On price, heck, have done the same myself on a couple purchases, patience isn't always my strong point. Couple times waited too long for price drop, and then production stops, and prices get crazy. Seen some real quality or dependable weapons stop production do to various business or political reasons.

I cant test that but me and the crew have thought the same thing...When the ejector throws the shell into the "trough" there is a safety catch that slides up and keeps the empty casing from sliding back into the ejector and there is also just enough room for a casing on its side no room for them to topple over if the angle of fire changed and its seems that they just stack up and would eject out the front without a problem but i have noway to test it just my observations.As for the troy micros i love them...i also tried them on my SIG P556 with some Yankee hill risers and they worked great.They do set a little lower then i would like but as stated risers is the way to go for me. Yea its a character flaw for me..once i figure out that i want it i hate waiting. Back to the ejecting on a closing note..imo the only problem one would have is if the trough gets junked up with sand dirt ect...ina a sustained engagement it may cause a problem but for a urban environment or EXTREME personal defense im am confident in the system

^ this

If you can do this, not just a round or two, but a full mag or two, at a good high angle, to be really sure there will be no ejection issues, really, it would be nice after a few hundred rounds of dirty ammo, to be a really complete test.

Found it online at 4 am...never seen it before...found one in the hills of kentucky for fuck sake after calling every shop with in 75 miles..and had it in hand by 11am...got fucked?..maybe but never the less i like it and it is what it is

You try Whittaker's Guns?

I have been following this, and all information that I can get on the RFB, with interest! I have been wanting one since before they come out, but I am the wait and see type.

If not, I would have bought my first S12 for $220! :lolol: