So did we ever find out exactly when the new season was to start?

Also, what would be the effect of our current weather on the Walkers? Would they freeze in place when dormant or would their higher body temp prevent this?

Any Thoughts?

LOL! wow BpS12, you've really thought about this! It was a decent show and I hope it returns soon, but damn if they didn't throw WAAAAY to much drama in to it.

LESS TALKY, MORE KILLY ZOMBIE! :killer:

Edit to add: whoever does the makeup/costuming for the zombies is awesome.

Edited by YARP
  • Like 1

LOL! wow BpS12, you've really thought about this! It was a decent show and I hope it returns soon, but damn if they didn't throw WAAAAY to much drama in to it.

From what I understand this is based of off a commic book/graphic novel and in some issues there were no zombies just the survivors doing whatever.?

Edited by Arik

Also, what would be the effect of our current weather on the Walkers? Would they freeze in place when dormant or would their higher body temp prevent this?

Any Thoughts?

My money is that they would freeze like any other organism. The real question is whether or not they would reanimate *after* thawing! :rolleyes:

Arik-Yeah it is, I saw it in the bookstore the other day. I'm just kidding, I thought AMC did an awesome job. This doesn't seem like the type of zombie movie/show that's going to end with them in a flow blown zombie over take.

That alone is probably why this http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4088594713/ is one of my favorite zombie movies..... *sigh* wish they'd come out with sequel to it

i loved that show. i heard it won't be back until late next fall... ugh. supposedly the creator/director of the show fired all of his writers and is doing it himself now. he didn't like the direction they were taking the show. it'll be interesting to see where he takes it next season...000.gif

From what I understand this is based of off a commic book/graphic novel and in some issues there were no zombies just the survivors doing whatever.?

Yeah, it was based off of a comic book.. and there are a shit ton in the series. They combined them into graphic novels.. and each issue of that covered like 3 or 4 comics.. and there are about 13 books in the series, and I think it's still going. The first 6 episodes only covered about 1 1/2 of the graphic novels. I read the first one and it ended where the camp got attacked.

There was a preface in the first book from the author saying that his intention wasn't to write a traditional zombie story, but to follow the lives of the individuals involved and tell their story, and not just show a small segment of a couple weeks of their survival... hence the extra emotion and drama.

I would like to see just a little more zombie action myself. Still my favorite show of all time by far!

Edited by danklab
  • Like 1

I read that the producer fired the writing staff cause he didn't like the direction they were taking the show in. So supposedlly its going to be all new writers. If this is true hope it doesn't crash and burn on season 2

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

Ya I do ALOT of driving during the day, between shoeing calls. Way too much time to think about ODD stuff, lol.

Yes, reanimation is the question. But since they are walking corpses, and freaze/thaw quickens decomp...Hmm, there may not be much left to reanimate. Kinda like the "Half-Chick" dragging herself around in the first episode.

I'd like to see less drama and more survival/preparedness stuff going on. Get this stuff in peoples minds so they have a SLIGHTLY better chance of getting thru the next big disaster/fiasco.

Sadly, TV is where WAY too many people get most of their info. Might as well educate as best as we can with what we got, lol.

Edited by BpS12

I read that the producer fired the writing staff cause he didn't like the direction they were taking the show in. So supposedlly its going to be all new writers. If this is true hope it doesn't crash and burn on season 2

Agreed. I hope he don't fudge it all up. One thing I really liked is how they didn't use any really big Hollwood celebs for any of the cast. (Some are recognizable, but not "A-list") I honestly don't think I would have liked it as much if it were people we've seen in 900 other movies/TV shows.

I'm really curious as to what Jenner whispered into Rick's ear before they left the CDC.

Agreed. I hope he don't fudge it all up. One thing I really liked is how they didn't use any really big Hollwood celebs for any of the cast. (Some are recognizable, but not "A-list") I honestly don't think I would have liked it as much if it were people we've seen in 900 other movies/TV shows.

I'm really curious as to what Jenner whispered into Rick's ear before they left the CDC.

Well this is just a guess but....Jenner did their blood work...so...........

A) Pregnant wife?

B)Someones infected but possibly imune?

I doubt its "B" since if there was a possible cure Jenner prolly wouldnt have turned himself into a crspy critter

Well this is just a guess but....Jenner did their blood work...so...........

A) Pregnant wife?

B)Someones infected but possibly imune?

I doubt its "B" since if there was a possible cure Jenner prolly wouldnt have turned himself into a crspy critter

Good possibilities. I never thought of those.

They tried to survive the Zombie Apocalypse in tents, with no guns to speak of, and they killed the only hot chick. (the wife is old, underfed, and kinda skanky)

I only want to watch, to see them all die in horrible ways. I hate the show. Let Romero write the next season, burn the comic book.

I did find it a bit odd that these are all Georgia (joh-juh) residents, and they weren't armed better. That being said, I still love the show..........even though I witnessed a guy put his Glock on safe in the first 5 minutes of the first episode. :lolol:

Arik-Yeah it is, I saw it in the bookstore the other day. I'm just kidding, I thought AMC did an awesome job. This doesn't seem like the type of zombie movie/show that's going to end with them in a flow blown zombie over take.

That alone is probably why this http://www.imdb.com/...y/vi4088594713/ is one of my favorite zombie movies..... *sigh* wish they'd come out with sequel to it

They are its called 28 months later

GREYLUPO-Don't mess with my emotions like that! I heard rumor of this but I haven't seen a damn thing about it. Best zombie movie trilogy ever?

LOL I heard it too, one day I believe...

Im a huge Zombie fan love all the movies and books, Id have to say its up their. I really enjoyed dawn of the dead remake

I watched the show, its mildiy entertaining and extremely irratating!! I find it very frustrating that they are not better armed. I mean what would you do?? go to the local gunstore and with a uhaul and fill it with guns and ammo. Thats ignoring the fact that if the military was overrun why in the hell were they no collecting the M-4's and SAW's that would be laying around everywhere in atl!! Im pretty sure i would climb in one of those tanks and figure out how to crank and drive it!!!!! or even still they should have at least took the humvee's that were parked everywhere as they were leaving the CDC!! "no leave the armored humvee's we'll take the 1970's motor home instead"!!!????? This show pisses me off!!

I watched the show, its mildiy entertaining and extremely irratating!! I find it very frustrating that they are not better armed. I mean what would you do?? go to the local gunstore and with a uhaul and fill it with guns and ammo. Thats ignoring the fact that if the military was overrun why in the hell were they no collecting the M-4's and SAW's that would be laying around everywhere in atl!! Im pretty sure i would climb in one of those tanks and figure out how to crank and drive it!!!!! or even still they should have at least took the humvee's that were parked everywhere as they were leaving the CDC!! "no leave the armored humvee's we'll take the 1970's motor home instead"!!!????? This show pisses me off!!

Well. . . your personal frustration and observations (regarding the television short-series) are indicative of the fact that Hollywood is completely infested with Libtards who don't know the first damned thing about firearms and survival and warfare, other than what they recall from their childhood and playing with toy cap-guns!

:lolol: . . . :lolol: . . . :lolol: . . . . . . . :angel:

Edited by Gary