I have a 6' hard on with a cheese burger on the end of it for this movie! A great actor in Jeff Bridges playing a role previously performed by a talentless lard ass. I mean Big Lebowski Bridges, how can you miss? The trailers alone showed more emotion and range than the original had in a finished product!

I've always wanted a nasty remake of The Dirty Dozen, but I am afraid of candy ass direction. Let's hope good acting, casting, and directing catch on.

• Like 2

I have a 6' hard on with a cheese burger on the end of it for this movie! A great actor in Jeff Bridges playing a role previously performed by a talentless lard ass. I mean Big Lebowski Bridges, how can you miss? The trailers alone showed more emotion and range than the original had in a finished product!

I've always wanted a nasty remake of The Dirty Dozen, but I am afraid of candy ass direction. Let's hope good acting, casting, and directing catch on.

Anybody dumbass enough to say anything bad about The Duke

SOMEONE SHOULD AIM TO KILL YA

• Like 1

A great actor in Jeff Bridges playing a role previously performed by a talentless lard ass.

While I wont go as far as DOGG. I do disagree with this statement.

John Wayne won an Academy Award for that role and was a damn fine actor when given the proper script.

The Searchers and The Quiet Man being two of my personal favorites.

Don't be bad mouthin' the Duke. Especially around us older more mature gentleman.

• Like 2

+1

Jesus, KT. You sure know how to stir up a crowd... who calls the Duke "a talentless lard ass..."???

Jesus, KT. You sure know how to stir up a crowd... who calls the Duke "a talentless lard ass..."???

A TALENTLESS DUMBASS THAT,S WHO!!

• Like 1

Sorry about tossing a fly in the ointment, I just never got into 1 dimensional hero type actors like: John Wayne, Steven Seagal, Arnold Shwartzenager, Jean-Claude, etc. The whole "one guy mowing down hordes of baddies" doesn't do it for me. Guys like Bridges, Deniro, Peschi, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. etc. have proven range in acting. Just my opinion and preference, once again, sorry to my more age advanced buddies. lol.

• Like 3

Sorry about tossing a fly in the ointment, I just never got into 1 dimensional hero type actors like: John Wayne, Steven Seagal, Arnold Shwartzenager, Jean-Claude, etc. The whole "one guy mowing down hordes of baddies" doesn't do it for me. Guys like Bridges, Deniro, Peschi, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. etc. have proven range in acting. Just my opinion and preference, once again, sorry to my more age advanced buddies. lol.

lol man, to each their own. i would still take offense to you comparing John Wayne to Van Damme....but I hear ya happy.gif

As a big fan of The Duke .... I had my doubts about a "remake" but I plan on going to see it tonight .... I heard they following a slightly different storyline as found in the book as opposed to remaking the original movie. We shall see! I MADE my fiancee watch the original a few weeks ago so she had an idea of John Wayne's version

Fuck, don't apologize man. Marion is a relic of an age best left to die and be forgotten. Fitting that it would be represented by a phony actor who didn't even have the guts to use the name his father gave him.

• Like 1

Fuck, don't apologize man. Marion is a relic of an age best left to die and be forgotten. Fitting that it would be represented by a phony actor who didn't even have the guts to use the name his father gave him.

Are you referring to an age when a man was as good as his word, or worked hard for his family and didn't expect a hand out, or was proud to serve his country, or was polite and respectful of others,

or treated woman properly, or stood up for what he believed in?

Is that the age you wish to relegate to the past?

Seems to me we could all use as much John Wayne as possible, especially now.

By the way, very few actors use their given name, especially in Mr. Wayne's time.

• Like 5

Same here, Jeff Bridges is a great actor and hopefully it will be a great movie this time around.

Another great point. Movies are simply no fun when the all-perfect good guy single handedly deals with the purely evil bad guys. Life is never like that and I'd much rather see heroes whose cause is not always so righteous, who have flaws like any other person, and villains who may be wrong but have a point.

That's why my favorite villain of all time is Darth Vader. Yes, he's a sick, twisted, evil man, but he was once a good guy who basically "sold his soul to the devil" in his moment of weakness and that's how he got there. And it's never too late to redeem himself.

EDIT: Oh and to the guy who is advocating the murder of anyone who does not like his favorite actor....chill the fuck out. Seriously.... :unsure:

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 2

Also, he never served a second in uniform. He waved the flag all right, he just wasn't willing to put his own ass on the line for it. He made movies about war; all of the glory, none of the risk, none of the sacrifice. What precisely is admirable about that?

LOL I never knew he never even was in the military. Wow. Talk about a total phony.

What we don't need is more of his brand of "everybody who doesn't think like me is not just wrong but evil" cold war relic bullshit. We don't need any more people stupid enough to reduce our goverment's nauseating treatment of the Native Americans to "they had land we needed and weren't doing anything important with it so they didn't deserve it". His words are those of a weak apologist for the past, someone who sees wrong done and can't be arsed to try and fix it because it would take too much effort and because it would mean admitting wrong was done in the first place. So he takes the easy road of "weren't me what done it", essentially says that people who were put in bad straits are at fault for making other people put them there, and calls this whole dumbshit attitude "being a man". If that's what everybody wants to get all butthurt and defensive about, have at it. Just don't expect everybody else to nod along with you over some halfwit actor who played at being a hero.

Beautiful

IT: Oh and to the guy who is advocating the murder of anyone who does not like his favorite actor....chill the fuck out. Seriously.... :unsure:

Before u say someone is advocating murder maybe you should watch the movie.

AND CHILL THE FUCK OUT!

Before u say someone is advocating murder maybe you should watch the movie.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess you were trying to imply something else when you said:

Anybody dumbass enough to say anything bad about The Duke

SOMEONE SHOULD AIM TO KILL YA

Also, I actually tried watching True Grit once, but it was far too shitty to actually make it through the movie.

Jesus you guys all need to chill out! i was just wondering if anyone was going to see the damn movie! i think it looks cool, how about you? kind of talk... now we've got death threats, white supremacists, male chauvinists, and JOHN WAYNE HATERS...

FACEPALM....

i love this place <3

As you can probably tell by my username I will definitely go see it. I of course am an old fashioned old fart that appreciated the old movies for what they were good ole entertainment where they didn't have to rely on young punks spewing "F" bombs to prove how MACHO they were. They were feel good movies that had messages of good overcoming evil and patriotism. I will not go any further as this has already become a sore subject to me.

• Like 2

Are you referring to an age when a man was as good as his word, or worked hard for his family and didn't expect a hand out, or was proud to serve his country, or was polite and respectful of others,

or treated woman properly, or stood up for what he believed in?

Is that the age you wish to relegate to the past?

Seems to me we could all use as much John Wayne as possible, especially now.

By the way, very few actors use their given name, especially in Mr. Wayne's time.

DaveM, I'm with ya all the way. This age is all fucked up. I see it daily and it sickens me. God I can't wait to get back to those 'Redneck East Texans'. As for the way the Native Americans were treated, anyone with half a brain cell knows it was wrong. But I for one cannot change the past, just try to cause change in my immediate area. I work with a 25 year old 'noob' in the IT world. Good kid. I asked him one day, 'Did you ever think about joining the military, serving you country?'..His reply was, 'I thought about it, but couldn't see what was in it for me.'. That is the point. If you do not understand that, you never will.

• Like 5

As you can probably tell by my username I will definitely go see it. I of course am an old fashioned old fart that appreciated the old movies for what they were good ole entertainment where they didn't have to rely on young punks spewing "F" bombs to prove how MACHO they were. They were feel good movies that had messages of good overcoming evil and patriotism. I will not go any further as this has already become a sore subject to me.

You are correct. There were a lot of great films with awesome acting back in the day. The Dirty Dozen is one of the best movies ever. So is The Great Escape, The Guns of Navarone, The Good The Bad and The Ugly-and other spagetti westerns too. Apacolypse Now, God Father, and so on. Most modern movies can't touch films like that. There were also a lot of great actors as well: Marlon Brando, Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, Gregory Peck, Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper, and so on. I view The Duke as the original Jason Stathom. Put him in films designed for him and he'll deliver, don't expect range of emotion.

The Duke = WW2 and western tough guy.

Jason Stathom = wear nice clothes, drive expensive cars, and beat people up.

• Like 1

For those who might want MY opinion on the "remake" ......

It was pretty much verbatim in script and scenes in most ways (yes I know its based off a book so it HAS to be) .... there were a few added scenes and situations but overall it was a good movie that I felt I got my moneys worth. There were things I preferred in both the original and the remake over the other ..... Id still go with the original if I had the choice

Edited by EJ45

Won't waist my time our money (love the Coen brothers). A western full of liberal Comrade Obama supporters isn't something I would do :rolleyes: The Duke may not have been the perfect person and none of us are, but he was a true American. I think I will run out and buy myself a complete John Wayne DVD collection for Christmas :xmas: and watch his movies all weekend long.

Long live the Duke!

Merry Christmas

Yakdung

• Like 3

I went and saw it along with my wife and son and we all liked it. It did follow the original very closely I may have been disappointed if it didn't. My wife had a hard time understanding Jeff Bridges speech though and it was kind of hard to make out words he was saying but alot of it was just rambling on that you weren't really supposed to hear the actual content anyway. Overall very good movie IMO.

• Like 1

KT you forgot to mention that, unlike John "The Puke" Wayne, at least Jason Statham is not a xenophobic propaganda outlet.

Like they say it,s better to let people think you are stupid then to open your mouth confirm all suspicions!

• Like 2