Federal law is what matters, pretty sure none of those states give a shit about magazine capacity. 922r is the name of the game. Search function is your friend to find out more about 922r. Unconverted bone stock S-12 with 10-round magazine = felony.

You could always just look up the laws..... google penal laws or gun laws for the particular state. Then you will know for certain instead of just what somebody told you on a gun forum.

• Like 1

What's the legaity on a factory s12 with a 10 rounder in north carolina,

legal.

Or cobra's gonna be bunkin' with bubba real soon.

He has every capacity mag & drum, for his many S-12's & he's in NC.....

Yet, even though he has many S-12s, he won't even sell one to actually pay his business member dues. :unsure:

Sobb stories are cheaper.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

In NC mags don't matter here. But has to be 922r.

When carried in car mag must be out,bho if u got and in trunk and not loaded

idk where youre getting your information... in nc you can have it loaded and propped up in the passenger seat... thats how I keep mine when I bring it in the car. cops really dont like it but theres nothing they can say since its not a concealed weapon. sc law sounds somewhat like what youre talking about. if I were to drive into sc with it loaded in the passenger seat then its a felony.

The 10 round mag in a factory S-12 violates 922, and that's all that matters.

What is crazy is that you will actually see them at gunshows and gun shops unconverted with a 10 rounder sticking out of them, in an attempt to make it sell for more $$$, and it's completely illegal. A lot of people are ignorant of the law, but if you get caught then ignorance is not an excuse.

idk where youre getting your information... in nc you can have it loaded and propped up in the passenger seat... thats how I keep mine when I bring it in the car. cops really dont like it but theres nothing they can say since its not a concealed weapon. sc law sounds somewhat like what youre talking about. if I were to drive into sc with it loaded in the passenger seat then its a felony.

Yes u can carry it loaded and in the seat beside u but then it depends what cop stops u.

I have worked in the courts and have heard judges say if it is not hanging from the rear view mirror it is concealed! If u want to carry a loaded weapon get a cwp

Don,t see a need to carry a loaded shotgun in your car so with the way the courts are why take the chance?

Yes u can carry it loaded and in the seat beside u but then it depends what cop stops u.

I have worked in the courts and have heard judges say if it is not hanging from the rear view mirror it is concealed! If u want to carry a loaded weapon get a cwp

Don,t see a need to carry a loaded shotgun in your car so with the way the courts are why take the chance?

I find that hard to believe, judges or not they are wrong!! In NC it is NOT concealed unless it is concealed, if you have it in the back seat covered up its concealed. If you get stopped you UNCOVER it and it is no longer concealed it has to be in PLAIN VIEW of the officer. doesnt matter where it is in the vehicle it has to be in plain view. ive been stopped plenty of times with guns rifles and pistols. throw the pistol on the dash and let the officer know you have a gun on the dash. or you have a LOADED shotgun in the passenger seat. I dont have a CWP b/c i dont need one, NC is an OC state its all about the gun being in plain view i carry my pistol concealed under the seat alot but when stopped you throw it on the dash and theres nothing the police can do. Ive NEVER heard of ANYBODY getting a concealed weapons charge in NC for having a loaded rifle or shotgun in there vehicle and everybody i know hunts and rides around with guns in there vehicles but i dont know anybody who actually hangs them from the back window!!!This doesnt just apply to hunting either you can ABSOLUTELY carry a loaded ar-15 or whatever around in your vehicle ALL DAY, EVERYDAY in NC, as long as it in plain view of the officer when they approach the vehicle. The cops dont like it when you have several loaded guns(i know from experience) but all they can do is run the #'s and let you go!!!

Edited by big-J

I find that hard to believe, judges or not they are wrong!! In NC it is NOT concealed unless it is concealed, if you have it in the back seat covered up its concealed. If you get stopped you UNCOVER it and it is no longer concealed it has to be in PLAIN VIEW of the officer. doesnt matter where it is in the vehicle it has to be in plain view. ive been stopped plenty of times with guns rifles and pistols. throw the pistol on the dash and let the officer know you have a gun on the dash. or you have a LOADED shotgun in the passenger seat. I dont have a CWP b/c i dont need one, NC is an OC state its all about the gun being in plain view i carry my pistol concealed under the seat alot but when stopped you throw it on the dash and theres nothing the police can do. Ive NEVER heard of ANYBODY getting a concealed weapons charge in NC for having a loaded rifle or shotgun in there vehicle and everybody i know hunts and rides around with guns in there vehicles but i dont know anybody who actually hangs them from the back window!!!This doesnt just apply to hunting either you can ABSOLUTELY carry a loaded ar-15 or whatever around in your vehicle ALL DAY, EVERYDAY in NC, as long as it in plain view of the officer when they approach the vehicle. The cops dont like it when you have several loaded guns(i know from experience) but all they can do is run the #'s and let you go!!!

be careful though, because "partial" concealment can mean full concealment. this means that if there is something covering up part of your gun, e.g., a bulky gun rack/holster... if the cop feels like being a dick then they can get you for that weapons charge since there is no such thing as "partial concealment" in nc. whenever I have legal issues regarding firearms, I just approach the first cop that I see around a gun store (usually not too hard to find around here), because 99.9999% of cops are going to grant you amnesty if you are in violation of any laws since you are the one that approached them. Ive been getting a lot of confused and uncertain faces from cops with my latest question... Ive been wanting to put an overhead rack in my car but a lot of cops are unsure about how to answer that one since it is in the grey area of being in plain view. isnt going to stop me from making one though. then again... I like screwing with cops anyways. theyre there to serve you and as long as you are not KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY in violation of any laws/regulations then you should have no reason not to be open and honest with them. ignorance is NOT a legal defense, but inquiring legal interpretation shows youre intent and willing to be in compliance with all laws/regulations. when in doubt... just ask a cop.

oh yeah... not too much is going to stop me from carrying my shotgun with me bc there are some crazy/desperate people out there. I spend a lot of time watching tru tv and dont want to be "the innocent bystander" if/when I come across one. bearing arms is a right NOT a privilege... and I intend to exercise it fully.

Edited by sssssteve

I know a guy how done that very thing, it was the coolest thing id ever seen at the time. not sure exactly how he made it but it was a double rifle holder mounted to the roof in his Z71, but it was lifted on big wheels so if approached they were in plain view b/c you had to look up at the cab!!! far as i know he never got in any trouble over it. I believe you would be OK as long as you tell the officer FIRST thing that you have a weapon but thats something i would check with the sheriff or chief leo.

be careful though, because "partial" concealment can mean full concealment. this means that if there is something covering up part of your gun, e.g., a bulky gun rack/holster... if the cop feels like being a dick then they can get you for that weapons charge since there is no such thing as "partial concealment" in nc. whenever I have legal issues regarding firearms, I just approach the first cop that I see around a gun store (usually not too hard to find around here), because 99.9999% of cops are going to grant you amnesty if you are in violation of any laws since you are the one that approached them. Ive been getting a lot of confused and uncertain faces from cops with my latest question... Ive been wanting to put an overhead rack in my car but a lot of cops are unsure about how to answer that one since it is in the grey area of being in plain view. isnt going to stop me from making one though. then again... I like screwing with cops anyways. theyre there to serve you and as long as you are not KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY in violation of any laws/regulations then you should have no reason not to be open and honest with them. ignorance is NOT a legal defense, but inquiring legal interpretation shows youre intent and willing to be in compliance with all laws/regulations. when in doubt... just ask a cop.

oh yeah... not too much is going to stop me from carrying my shotgun with me bc there are some crazy/desperate people out there. I spend a lot of time watching tru tv and dont want to be "the innocent bystander" if/when I come across one. bearing arms is a right NOT a privilege... and I intend to exercise it fully.

+1 for sssssteve

Something to think about

If u carrie a pistol on your right side and I am standing on your right side it is not concealed but if I am on your left side it is.

Just something to keep in mind