Changing gas block setting in the field...

I use a small allen wrench. You can put the end against the pin and push on the flat side with your thumb while turning the plug with your other hand. You don't need a coin just put your finger into the hole to grip it.

Also you could try a small knife.. (Carefully)... like Cobra stated, slip in between the grooves, and let the tip compress the pin, then twist.. then use your fingers till it locks into place on the alternate setting...

:smoke:

It was a PIA to do it with a dime...what is a "non-dorks" tool that one could carry that would allow the setting to be changed easily?

I use a Glock Armorer's tool to depress the plunger, and either a quarter or my key fob (basically a flat metal disc) to turn the plug.

I use the punch from the toolkit to hold the detent, or a small screwdreiver- and then turn the blind plug with a quarter or a piece of flat stock (my barbbeque tongs are perfect=and long enough to "persuade" even the most stubborn pluto move!

G O B

I just use the punch & flat sight tool thing (or whatever it is) that came in the cleaning kit.

They also fit neatly into the Tapco pistol grip along with my full choke tube so I've always got them with me in the field. B)