picked up my first S12 today...

After work I swung by MD Arms to pick up my new Saiga Shotty. Construction in Dayton meant that it I got there 20 minutes after they had closed, but Craig stayed late. He even gave me the tour of the shop, showed me their new blast cabinet, and the wall of MD20s, which was a glorious sight to behold. I also got to see all their sweet R&D toys, including the belt fed grenade launcher... it was awesome.

I ended up walking out with an S12, 2 MD20s, a flash hider, and a VPlug. All in all, a good trip. When I got home, I broke it down, just to get a feel for the thing. It has 3 unobstructed gas ports, and the bolt slides nice and smooth with hardly any drag. Looks like its an '08 and is in good shape.

I plan to take it out tomorrow to try several different types of ammo so I can get a feel for what it will shoot. I don't know much about shotgun ammo, but I hope to be learning shortly... I'll report back afterward. Depending on how it shoots after a hundred rounds or so, I'll either send it to Cadiz, or begin the restoration and bolt polishing mods.

Let the fun begin! Thanks to all who helped me decide on this purchase, and for all the wonderful info on this site. You guys rock.

Thanks guys. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (ahem...JJ the Gun Man - thanks for calling me today...ahem), but hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.

One thing I never noticed was just how awkward the MD20 is on an unconverted gun. Obviously I understand they are not designed for an unconverted/restored gun, and using them in this manner is illegal, but I couldn't hardly reach the hand guard. I'm 5'8" so maybe you long armed brothers and sisters of mine might be able to manage... :D

Anyway, I have an itchy trigger finger and can't wait to get out and shoot it!

Once again I want to give mad props to MD Arms, their products, and their customer service. I felt like I has hanging out with a friend, not buying something from a company. Much respect.

Thanks guys. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (ahem...JJ the Gun Man - thanks for calling me today...ahem), but hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.

One thing I never noticed was just how awkward the MD20 is on an unconverted gun. Obviously I understand they are not designed for an unconverted/restored gun, and using them in this manner is illegal, but I couldn't hardly reach the hand guard. I'm 5'8" so maybe you long armed brothers and sisters of mine might be able to manage... :D

Once again I want to give mad props to MD Arms, their products, and their customer service. I felt like I has hanging out with a friend, not buying something from a company. Much respect.

:bag: Sorry man...I was trying to get a hold of my buddy who is on leave that lives down there for the last 2 days and just couldn't. I would have called you if I was gonna be down there brother. I would have LOVED to take you through some S12 training ;) Maybe we'll get together sometime soon. I just didn't wanna come down there if I didn't know for sure that we both we're going to be able to shoot at my boys farm cause it's a 2 hour drive for me. I'm about an hour N.W. of Columbus...We'll get our chance. Especially if I we can get an S12 member shoot going sometime around summer/spring...or if I can get some1 to buy some parts off of me ;)

:bag: Sorry man...I was trying to get a hold of my buddy who is on leave that lives down there for the last 2 days and just couldn't. I would have called you if I was gonna be down there brother. I would have LOVED to take you through some S12 training ;) Maybe we'll get together sometime soon. I just didn't wanna come down there if I didn't know for sure that we both we're going to be able to shoot at my boys farm cause it's a 2 hour drive for me. I'm about an hour N.W. of Columbus...We'll get our chance. Especially if I we can get an S12 member shoot going sometime around summer/spring...or if I can get some1 to buy some parts off of me ;)

I could do that.

I could come up to Columbus for a Saiga shoot.

I ain't THAT far away.

Sounds like a helluv a lot of fun.

I could do that.

I could come up to Columbus for a Saiga shoot.

I ain't THAT far away.

Sounds like a helluv a lot of fun.

I don't know if it will be in Columbus..may be, may not be. I have access to about 85 acres in Johnstown..but it's family freinds property so I would have to work on acessing that and setting up a shoot. I have talked a little bit with a few ohio members here about it as "just an idea" as of right now...such as Caspian, Darko, BpS12 and a few others and pretty much want ideas on what would make a member shoot worth coming to, besides showing off all of our artwork? Who can aquire some manequins to dress up like hajj terrorists and shoot?? What about some car doors to shoot or something? What else would be good? If some1 could get some scrap doors or maybe some donations to help make this possible..idk bout all this yet...as I said, just an idea as of now. But i'll send you a friend request and keep you in mind man.

• 2 weeks later...