so F%^&$ing pissed at sportsmans warehouse.

on the website when i ordered the hevi shot dead coyote, it said 25 to a box. i get my order only 10 rnds. go back to the site and everything has been changed to 10. gonna call them tommorow. no way i just spent 30 bucks for 10 rnds of shells. what really sucks is that there site says ammo is non returnable.

they better hope they fix this.

• Like 1

on the website when i ordered the hevi shot dead coyote, it said 25 to a box. i get my order only 10 rnds. go back to the site and everything has been changed to 10. gonna call them tommorow. no way i just spent 30 bucks for 10 rnds of shells. what really sucks is that there site says ammo is non returnable.

Ouch, when I buy stuff on the internets that I feel may be kinda iffy as far as pricing I usualy save the page, just so at the very least I would know for sure I didn't read it wrong. But yeah sounds like they focked up.

Sadly, they probably won't honor the original price, but they should accept your return. Something like this happened to someone over on GlockTalk, and it was made clear that Sportsman's Guide's policy is NOT to honor "pricing mistakes." This is actually spelled out on their website at the bottom of this page:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/main/About.aspx

It does say that you should've been notified at the time you ordered, but they interpret this loosely, apparently. If your order confirmation has the correct information on it, you don't have anything to stand on.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Humm, I would make a stink about it, because in accordance with the law, they must honor it if you purchase it prior to the change... The issue is to prove it was stated, you said that you saved the page, do you mean you saved it as a favorite? If so when you click on the link it will show the new price & quantity so this is no good... You would have to print the page, or use Acrobat to print to your PC, as evidence to their mistake....

Putting a note like this at the bottom of the page does not cover them:

Errors

I do my best to make sure the correct photo, price and copy are shown. But...sometimes I make a mistake. In the event of any such mistake, I reserve the right to charge the correct price, to ship the correct item, or to correct the mistake. However, you will be notified at the time you order and...I beg your pardon.

It is their obligation to make sure that there are no mistakes, under the false advertisement law......

Whenever I order anything on the internet I ALWAYS print out the product ad, order, and order confirmation. That way you have proof after they make changes like they did to you.

• Like 1

will they said they are investigating it. i saved the page but everything was alraedy changed. if they dont fix it, ill politely inform them, that everyone will know what kind of an operation they are running. used to be you could do shit like this and very few people would hear about it. but thanks to the internet

every person who reads these threads can hear about it.

what really sucks is they dont accept returns on ammo.

• Like 1

Humm, I would make a stink about it, because in accordance with the law, they must honor it if you purchase it prior to the change... The issue is to prove it was stated, you said that you saved the page, do you mean you saved it as a favorite? If so when you click on the link it will show the new price & quantity so this is no good... You would have to print the page, or use Acrobat to print to your PC, as evidence to their mistake....

Putting a note like this at the bottom of the page does not cover them:

Errors

I do my best to make sure the correct photo, price and copy are shown. But...sometimes I make a mistake. In the event of any such mistake, I reserve the right to charge the correct price, to ship the correct item, or to correct the mistake. However, you will be notified at the time you order and...I beg your pardon.

It is their obligation to make sure that there are no mistakes, under the false advertisement law......

The law allows for mistakes, and The Sportsman's Guide clearly states their policy for handling mistakes, so, no, they are not in violation of the law. I don't like their policy and won't order from them except when they're the only ones that have what I need in stock, but it is perfectly legal for them to exercise poor customer service in this way.

And this policy and its victims already have a lot of threads on various forums, so I don't know how afraid they will be. It is certainly good to share your story so other forum members know what they're getting into with them.

I always screen snap the item as advertised on a vendors website before I order. If there is any question, I simply email the screen snap back to customer support.

Yakdung

oh they admitted to their wrong doing, it was trying to get them to send the rest of the ammo that was a pita. they said all they could do was sende me a refund. i said

no. i paid for 25 rnds i want 25 rnds. finally had to talk to their corporate office supervisor to settle the matter. they sent my remaining shells out todayt via fedex, so ill get them friday hopefully.

• Like 1

Years ago, I had good experiences with Sportsman via their buyammo.com site. However, I became frustrated that only the other warehouse had what I wanted. To save themselves $ they did not want to ship from the distant warehouse.

10 for $30 YIKES!

At first I thought you ordered the end of season gold and silver plated shells with the inlaid emerald Christmas trees. :lolol:

• Like 1

Years ago, I had good experiences with Sportsman via their buyammo.com site. However, I became frustrated that only the other warehouse had what I wanted. To save themselves $ they did not want to ship from the distant warehouse.

10 for $30 YIKES!

At first I thought you ordered the end of season gold and silver plated shells with the inlaid emerald Christmas trees. :lolol:

well it was supposed to be 25 for 30.00 then they changed it. i thought 25 at 29.00 was expensive, but i was like "why not? its a christmas present" yeah 10 for 30 is way to damn much, gold must be part of the alloy they use.

oh yeah they lost money.

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1

That better be some damn good ammo. :huh:

I pay just over $11.00 for 15 rounds of 3" magnum .oo buck.

That better be some damn good ammo. :huh:

I pay just over $11.00 for 15 rounds of 3" magnum .oo buck.

hence the reason i was so pissed.

i wont be buying anymore. not at that price.

• Like 1

I guess this is 2 nails in the Sportsmans Guide coffin.. :devil:

1st the shipping issue... (to certain states) and now this error in changing the pricing and giving a hard time..

sportsmans warehouse not, guide.

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1

Sadly, they probably won't honor the original price, but they should accept your return. Something like this happened to someone over on GlockTalk, and it was made clear that Sportsman's Guide's policy is NOT to honor "pricing mistakes." This is actually spelled out on their website at the bottom of this page:

http://www.sportsman...main/About.aspx

It does say that you should've been notified at the time you ordered, but they interpret this loosely, apparently. If your order confirmation has the correct information on it, you don't have anything to stand on.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Oh.. I was base-ing my comment on this comment..

Al

Glad it worked out. Hind sight is 20/20 but that's the best information. Save their page ALWAYS and print it out to boot. I saw a price on arrows at Bass Pro that I didn't even need but the price was so good (sounds like a woman with shoes... I know) I called and they had them, so I drove 40 minutes and there were two dozen left. I took them both, and everyone I talked to had a different price, none were the price I had. When I produced the hard copy they went to that web page and it was still there, and I got them for that price.

I had a similar bout with Weatherby, advertising 300 Mag for $40 a box of 20. But they were NEVER in stock. Finally when they were, I ordered 10 boxes online, and the shipping was $130. :angry2: For that I can drive to Maine and have my gunsmith reload my own.

I always screen snap the item as advertised on a vendors website before I order. If there is any question, I simply email the screen snap back to customer support.

Yakdung

oh they admitted to their wrong doing, it was trying to get them to send the rest of the ammo that was a pita. they said all they could do was sende me a refund. i said

no. i paid for 25 rnds i want 25 rnds. finally had to talk to their corporate office supervisor to settle the matter. they sent my remaining shells out todayt via fedex, so ill get them friday hopefully.

Good for you. Glad you got someone to move on it. These days that isn't an easy thing to do.

Yakdung

$30 is not a bad price for that stuff. It goes for about $40 at the store I work at (yes for 10 rounds). I believe its so expensive because it uses tungsten which is heavier and more dense than lead and safe for use on waterfowl.