Thats really nice man good find. It fires the 7.62x25mm right?

Now you need a Tok

The CZ75B shoots 9x19mm (though I think there are also ones in .40 S&W). The CZ52 was chambered in 7.62x25. Here is a brief overview of the 52: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_52

ETA: That is a nice CZ. The 75 is on my list of future handgun purchases. Was the engraving done by CZ or aftermarket?

Edited by physicsnerd

From what I understand, CZ commissioned 999 of them to be made as Cold War Commemorative Editions,

which I believe is the modern CZ-75B, yet with no revisions...like it doesn't have adjustable sights,

nor a decocker..I believe it to be a newly made traditional CZ-75B.

Now, it does have a CCCP### serial number, I believe, and it has a satin-type black paint job, and

the engraved hammer and sickle on the frame (maybe just on one side) and the red star on both sides of the slide.

I will take some nice pictures once I get it.

It does shoot 9 Luger, and it does come from the factory with that paint job.

I had been planning on adding a nine to my pistol collection, I have a few 40s, a 45 acp, a 45 colt, and a .357,

and I was thinking this or a Browning Hi-Power as a good nine millimeter.

I saw this limited edition and figured, well, it's neat, I was planning on one anyway, it's nice to take

part in a liberation celebration, etc.

They didn't want me to in store pick it up, apparently the vendor's gunbroker thing is separate from the store,

so it's going to my FFL in southern indiana, and maybe I'll get it Saturday or Sunday or Monday.

budsgunshop.com has them for the cheapest price online as of 3 minutes ago. Plus they offer free shipping.

Thanks, did you ever get that Estava you were considering?

Yes I picked up an EZ9 from buds a few months ago. I am thinking of getting a few more as my unit is fairly perfect in every way(also its now $300 shipped)!!!!

Still the cold war CZ75 looks too sweet to miss out on. Decisions decisions right...

EDIT:> Just noticed Buds raised the EZ9 Price to $455 shipped. My decision has become easier.

Edited by bigsal

Well, they can monitor that this buyer is not happy with them dicking me around on shipping.

I bought it Wed @noon.

1. I sent email with card info, and mention my FFL is on file with them, thus I don't need to send a license.

I offered local pickup, otherwise I expected shipment that day (Wed)

2. I get an email, that night, when I get back from work, that I should pay with their online thing. So I did,

then sent an email saying payment sent, and the FFL is on file. I then expected shipment the next day (today)

3. I get an email today, saying to send in the FFL license (the one of the FFL they already have on file and don't need)

I chew their asses out in a reply, saying that they ought to reference previous emails and their own rules. So, now

they MIGHT ship tomorrow, and probably slower than shit ups ground.

I was hoping to shoot it this weekend. I mentioned that, if they wanted to repair their reputation with me, they

can overnight it to my FFL and I'll get it Saturday, as I had the not unreasonable expectation of paying for something

Wed morning and having it shipped 200 miles by Saturday. Plus, their gunbroker auction did not have free shipping.

I think it is because they have 45 different emails @budsgunshop.com and I might have sent it to sales or auctions at that

email, when the guy wanting the info was gunbroker@etc

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they call me tomorrow, apologize, and overnight to me, I will praise

them highly as people who had the honor to correct an error with panache and effectiveness. If they ship normally, and the gun

is good, then I will remain neutral on them, and not offer an opinion in the future. If there's something wrong with the gun

or they give me attitude....oooh boy. Y'all will know, and gunbroker, and others.

Do you think that's a reasonable stance? I don't tolerate fools easily, but I laud those who do right by me.

• Like 2

Still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Got no response on sending FFL choice last night, so I called in today, and

my auction was not in the system, and the guy I got to after a half hour wait

on the phone listening to canned statements about how great they are, found

no FFL associated with the order.

Got him to understand the FFL I wanted to use, and he said a confirmation email

would forthcome shortly, which it hasn't. Checked email again tonight, no email from

them, so I sent email #5 with FFL info.

My MidwayUSA order of some mags and ammo, placed the evening of the day I bought the auction,

meanwhile, arrived this afternoon.

Shit like this makes me realize how awesome Whitaker's Guns, my normal Kentucky gun store,

who my IN FFL picks up from Sat night after business and I can get pistols on the next day,

Sunday, and whose owner always tells me to "Be good, young man" on the way out the door, is.

This pistol is going to get field stripped at the FFL, if it ever makes it there at all, and

inspected like a girl joining the sultan's harem before I leave there.

Sorry to bitch, but I am disgusted by how much bureaucratic bullshit a fucking GUN STORE is giving

me. Gun stores are supposed to be one of the last bastions of handshake deals and a man holding to

his word, etc, etc. I have to go to Georgetown on business Monday, maybe I'll drop by in person if

they haven't figured this out yet.

• Like 1

Probably cause its a cold war comemorative where it was mainly east vs west, communism vs capitalism and the 2 biggest players were US & USSR. Since czechaslovakia was communist in simplified terms it falls under the hammer & sickle. And generally speaking most people associate european communism and communism in general with that image

Edited by Arik

Fair enough, still seems a little cheesy to me though. Either way they're nice pistols. I certainly wouldn't mind having one :D

Its just Kitchey enough for me to buy though. I predict if I dont buy it, I will be kicking myself 3 or 4 years from now, while Kliegal does the jig on a whorthwhile investment. :super: