Boy, I sure am glad the American people were made to "bail out" Ford... Look at all those jobs that were "saved or created" for Americans!

Wait, err... Nevermind.

Ford didnt take bail out money it was GM.....

It was a joke. I like Ford, to some degree. I know GM took the bailout, I was looking to make a cheap "joke" along the OP lines: We're screwed as far as manufacturing is concerned. Just add it to the list.

You'll notice I did not, nor will I edit the first post I made?

Just bein' "Bubba", see who's awake. For the record I don't like Beck, think he's a tool. I'm listening to Dr. Savage as I type! :angel:

Edited by bohound

This is a short video of a new Ford plant in Brazil .

One look at this and you will be able to understand why there will probably never be another assembly plant built in the USA.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/multimedia/player/index.php?id=1189=

Wow. I spent all today working on parts delivery and layout of the main engine dress line of the

Toyota plant being kitted out in Blue Springs, MS as we speak. Set to start production in October.

I know, the company is not one of the big 3, but it's publicly traded, and you can own stock in it.

99.5% or so of MS employees will be from that state, and none will be UAW.

Ford and VW can make nice videos of super automated plants...we'll just build simple, efficient, non-glamorous

plants and pass the savings to the customer. I think Toyota, the brand, sold the most cars in the US this year

compared to other makes, Lexus had the most luxury sales, and Camry took the title of most sales for like 11 years

straight. That's WITH an aggressive media smear campaign from Government Motors.

Boy, I sure am glad the American people were made to "bail out" Ford... Look at all those jobs that were "saved or created" for Americans!

Wait, err... Nevermind.

Ford didnt take bail out money it was GM.....

It was a joke. I like Ford, to some degree. I know GM took the bailout, I was looking to make a cheap "joke" along the OP lines: We're screwed as far as manufacturing is concerned. Just add it to the list.

You'll notice I did not, nor will I edit the first post I made?

Just bein' "Bubba", see who's awake. For the record I don't like Beck, think he's a tool. I'm listening to Dr. Savage as I type! :angel:

Ha, even worse! Im gonna send you some Chomsky books on tape for you to listen to.... you need to detox bro! :super:

• Like 1

when i started watching the video at 1st i was annoyed that more jobs were being shipped out to other countries. then i saw the big autoliner and now i'm thinking :dollar:

i normally bring fords to the ports to be shipped out to places in the middle east and africa.

007-1.jpg

it'll be different bringing a load of "American" cars out of one....

005-2.jpg

I live in Flint MI. Don't know if you guys have heard of it, but I'd guess if you HAVE, then it was about how the auto industry screwed the shit outta us, been happening for years. My neighbor still had a job up until recently, but he had to fly to Belize three times a month to train his replacement. So many people around here are unemployed. Those who can, left. Most, however, are stuck here just trying to get by. I consider myself lucky just to have the meager income I do, even though it really isn't much.

Upside: Housing is cheap as shit, and the LEO's are usually too busy with murders and serious drug crime to butt into peoples daily lives much.

:victory:

Edited by WildmanWilliams

Thanks for that link, Boba. That is a DIZZYING lesson in logistics and integration. It blows my mind how something like that was even put together, but it seems fitting with Henry Ford's vision. Updated, of course, for the 21st century with automation, and perhaps some consideration for human quality of life at the assembly end.

But a real vision nonetheless.

Ford took the $$ also, they just did it quietly.

qoute

"Ford requested a $9 billion line-of-credit from the government, and a $5 billion loan from the Energy Department. Ford pledged to accelerate development of both hybrid and battery-powered vehicles, retool plants to increase production of smaller cars, close dealerships, and sell Volvo. Ford is in better shape than GM or Chrysler because it had already mortgaged its assets in 2006 to raise $24.5 billion."

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/12/blue-ops-the-clandestine-bailout-of-ford/

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2010/12/did_ford_take_secret_governmen.html

I live in Flint MI. Don't know if you guys have heard of it, but I'd guess if you HAVE, then it was about how the auto industry screwed the shit outta us, been happening for years. My neighbor still had a job up until recently, but he had to fly to Belize three times a month to train his replacement. So many people around here are unemployed. Those who can, left. Most, however, are stuck here just trying to get by. I consider myself lucky just to have the meager income I do, even though it really isn't much.

Upside: Housing is cheap as shit, and the LEO's are usually too busy with murders and serious drug crime to butt into peoples daily lives much.

RIGHT ON BROTHER. I feel the same way, I lived all up and down the east coast for close to a decade. I make less money here then I did anywhere else, yet I live a better life! Just can't beat all the things MI has to offer.

Sly-That's a bunch of crap bro.....liberal media if you will. The difference between a bailout and a loan is HUGE!

• Like 2

RIGHT ON BROTHER. I feel the same way, I lived all up and down the east coast for close to a decade. I make less money here then I did anywhere else, yet I live a better life! Just can't beat all the things MI has to offer.

Sly-That's a bunch of crap bro.....liberal media if you will. The difference between a bailout and a loan is HUGE!

Bro, that's not media. Thats on the federal books. neg me all you want. Just do your damn homework before some real liberal starts calling you stupid names! :super:

eta. Ford has yet to repay the 24BILLION dollar loan, so who do they default to? If you read and understood the so called "bailout's", you would understand the only difference between the GM and Ford financial deal is ???? The hype.

Edited by Sly