Makes me wonder if this will go the Akins Accelerator route. If it is as easy to control the bump fires as the vid looks, my money is that it will. Not to be cynical, but getting controllable bump-fire from a 22LR is one thing as one would think it relatively benign.... but they still recalled/banned it. Getting this in 5.56... well by that logic its days are numbered. Just my .02. Its saving grace may be that it does not have springs to mechanize the act of pulling the trigger.

Edited by 690gr

It comes with a copy of an approved letter from ATF. My cousin's friend that owns a Gun Store ordered two to test it out.

The Akins Accelerator was approved similarly till the tech branch changed their minds nearly one year later. Check out this article that details this poor inventor's saga. http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/dec/18/211606/pasco-marksmans-invention-leads-him-ruin/

Edited by 690gr

It comes with a copy of an approved letter from ATF. My cousin's friend that owns a Gun Store ordered two to test it out.

The Akins Accelerator was approved similarly till the tech branch changed their minds nearly one year later. Check out this article that details this poor inventor's saga. http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/dec/18/211606/pasco-marksmans-invention-leads-him-ruin/

That whole saga was/is a whole load of bullshit from the top down. The stock clearly does not turn your 10/22 in to a machine gun as defined by federal law.

That being said, I don't have a whole lot of pity for Bill Akins. The first thing that raised my eyebrows was charging an outrageous amount of money for that relatively simple device. Then, a while back, someone posted a letter purportedly written by Mr. Akins, in which he threatened to sue anybody making and selling a similar device, with or without springs. That post was in response to one of our forum members showing off a welded steel sliding buttstock he had produced. If that letter was genuine, Mr. Akins is not the poor inventor - he's the greedy rude guy who got lightly raped by Uncle Batfuck.

Actually, I happen to know Bill Akins personally. This is unfortunately patent infringement on his designs.

csspecs actually did one of these two years ago, and he and Bill got together on the subject last fall at the last florida shoot.

nothing new.

he isnt a greedy person at all, actually. a bit outspoken, but definately not a greedy personality. I know his costs on production of his device that the BATF later yanked on him were quite high and he took a personal financial hit on the whole affair. The whole mess turned it into something very personal to him, and that is the source of why he is zealous about his patents and designs. Hell I would be too after all that horse shit that happened to him.

right now, he is working on a production crank fire kit that really looks nice, although he is working on a couple of other things related to his other patents currently.

other than that, I cant really say much else.

no, actually, it shouldnt go that route. they already said multiple times that using two hands to make a combined body motion to pull the trigger each time is AOK.

now, there are a couple of areas in the country that have problems with bump firing, from what I understand, and call it uncontrolled fire. but thats another ball of wax.