No Saigas In Stock

I went to the shop today, in hopes of picking up a new rifle. I was surprised to see absolutely no Saiga rifles on the wall. I asked the clerk what was up, and he said that they've been having a hell of a time keeping them in stock. I frequent this place and they have always had a surplus of these guns, but not right now. I wonder what the deal is. I'm a bit bummed.

Mullet, Does Russian American Armory no longer import these things? Cake, I noticed while I was there that the Saiga 12s went up from $465 to $505 in a matter of about 3 months. I really hope the rifles don't go up too. They've been selling for $305, which is good for me.

We'll have to see how this all plays out in the next few months. With talks of a new AWB and all that shit, picking up the warranty for converted evil rifles that can use high-capacity drums and mags might be a hot potato too hot for someone else to touch.

However, what's currently going on may have been what happened every time the importer changed, so this may be nothing new. I'm not sure how this will all play out, but I've noticed a shortage as well, in terms of Saiga's in 5.45 and 7.62x39. There are plenty of .223 variants in both 16" and 20" at every show I go to.

I'll stick with my Janis (308 Saiga) for now and be content... :cryss:

I don't like the ROLL marks on the bolt handle side.. :chris:

I figure by mid-spring this will all be sorted out and a new March batch will roll in.. :super:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking. This whole deal will resolve itself.

That's terrible. Perhaps it's time to call the importer directly, but it seems folks have trouble reaching them.

I dont. I have a private # to reach them when I need to. I also know what is going on, as well.

I will just say that no information will be available until after SHOT this week.

no worries folks. all will become clear soon.

That's terrible. Perhaps it's time to call the importer directly, but it seems folks have trouble reaching them.

I dont. I have a private # to reach them when I need to. I also know what is going on, as well.

I will just say that no information will be available until after SHOT this week.

Of course you do, you're at the top of this food-chain. But there you go again, talking about this "information" you have, but not revealing it until after some event.

Just like the shit about Tom, that was supposed to be brought out into the open after new years. It is now the 16th of January, and you haven't said a damn word about it. Quite frankly we've all lost interest in the whole situation.

I've had a 7.62 with 16" barrel on order for two months now with no indication as to when they'll be available.

I have a Saiga 5.45 on order, and I have been waiting for a month on it. They shop said I could be expected to wait a couple of months, as their distributors are currently out of stock.

I decided to get another Saiga 5.45 by ordering one from an internet site and doing an FFL transfer. If 7.62 Saiga rifles are now getting hard to find in some areas, I would highly recommend checking out some various internet sites (Atlantic Firearms, Centerfire Systems, etc.) to see if they have any of these rifles in stock. The FFL transfer fee is a small price to pay for getting one of these rifles in a relatively short period of time.

• Like 1

I've had a 7.62 with 16" barrel on order for two months now with no indication as to when they'll be available.

I have a Saiga 5.45 on order, and I have been waiting for a month on it. They shop said I could be expected to wait a couple of months, as their distributors are currently out of stock.

I decided to get another Saiga 5.45 by ordering one from an internet site and doing an FFL transfer. If 7.62 Saiga rifles are now getting hard to find in some areas, I would highly recommend checking out some various internet sites (Atlantic Firearms, Centerfire Systems, etc.) to see if they have any of these rifles in stock. The FFL transfer fee is a small price to pay for getting one of these rifles in a relatively short period of time.

From what it looks like, Atlantic still has some in stock, because it's not noted anywhere that they are out on their website.

Of course you do, you're at the top of this food-chain. But there you go again, talking about this "information" you have, but not revealing it until after some event.

Just like the shit about Tom, that was supposed to be brought out into the open after new years. It is now the 16th of January, and you haven't said a damn word about it. Quite frankly we've all lost interest in the whole situation.

Hey speak for yourself, I am still interested, and frankly entertained. We need some sort of drama don't we? :D

I appreciate BVamp, and his patronage. Don't leave dude.

Hey speak for yourself, I am still interested, and frankly entertained. We need some sort of drama don't we? :D

I appreciate BVamp, and his patronage. Don't leave dude.

But it's not fun to wait for shit to hit fans :(

like i said, after SHOT im sure some more information will be able to be released into the public stream.

I wouldnt worry much about it. and yeh, the advice to not worry much about it is coming from the top of the ladder. sorry it isnt enough to satisfy you at this point.

like i said, after SHOT im sure some more information will be able to be released into the public stream.

I wouldnt worry much about it. and yeh, the advice to not worry much about it is coming from the top of the ladder. sorry it isnt enough to satisfy you at this point.

It won't ever be enough to satisfy me :lolol:

From what it looks like, Atlantic still has some in stock, because it's not noted anywhere that they are out on their website.

I'd call before ordering. When I ordered my 7.62 two weeks ago I went through 2 web sites that showed in stock, when I called to verify both were on backorder until February or later.

Edited by BrntWS6

I'd call before ordering. When I ordered my 7.62 two weeks ago I went through 2 web sites that showed in stock, when I called to verify both were on backorder until February or later.

Well, that's a no-brainer. With things are right now, I wouldn't be surprised if all our vendors were out.

I emailed them tonight and they replied that they are out of stock until February.

I emailed them tonight and they replied that they are out of stock until February.

That's a bummer for sure. I bet when Feb. rolls around they'll be pushed back to March or April.

• 1 month later...

Just checked GILBERT's GUNs in Frankfort, KY (Website). He has posted a "New Supply" of SAIGA's 7.62x39 and .223 selling for $399 plus shipping. and .308 selling for $499 plus shipping. I have not done business with him before, but he has been around for awhile.