gas plug issue

went shooting last Sunday with stock puck and MD Arms V plug installed and FTE'd everytime with my Federal and Remington Wallyworld ammo...even FTE'd with Remington 00 buck...(I cycled thru all the settings on the V-plug)..replaced the plug with my Gunfixer plug and everything cycled with no further FTE's. Setting 1 for the buck and 2-3 for the Wallyworld bulk packs Federal and Remington,I've got a 2009 3 hole Saiga with no internal mods done.Good news is I only paid $20.00 for the MD Arms V plug.

• Like 1
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah, they wouldnt of hired a dick like you in the first place mike. Do the world a favor and look into your barrel and smile for the flash.

Call Tac47 a DICK and that he should go blow his head off and maybe he'll send you one for free.

I think someone wasn't held enough by mommy and daddy...

Posted Images

Thats good sniper, just saying guns vary, like you said. The Vplug works for sum , and others it doesnt. But hey in the process of trial and error, i think its better to leave no stone unturned until your shite is running properly. Just wanting people to actually look at what they have instead of buying stuff they dont need, and then it not making a difference. Taking the gas block off is easy as pie, I will this weekend to satisfy MDs so he will stop whinning and callin BS on me hope my pics prove better than my words.

Thats good sniper, just saying guns vary, like you said. The Vplug works for sum , and others it doesnt. But hey in the process of trial and error, i think its better to leave no stone unturned until your shite is running properly. Just wanting people to actually look at what they have instead of buying stuff they dont need, and then it not making a difference. Taking the gas block off is easy as pie, I will this weekend to satisfy MDs so he will stop whinning and callin BS on me hope my pics prove better than my words.

did you just purchase recently? i got mine several months back when they first released on his site (at his first sale) maybe a bad batch released. mine adjusts perfectly set it on 5 for light bird, 3 for 2 3/4 buck and 2 for really heavy 3" buck (never used 1)

No plug will 'fix' an undergassed condition. Friction/resistance reduction may compensate for it a little,

You are correct that no plug will fix an under gassed condition. But I have found some guns aren't under gassed and just very rough and the polishing and tweaking will fix that condition. Too many people go straight to the port when that isn't the problem a lot of times. If it isn't the problem and you open your ports up when the real problem is resolved through polishing and break in you now have an over gassed gun... You should ALWAYS polish up before enlaging ports...

:exciting:

I think I'll take this opportunity for a shameless ad... :angel:

S6300761.jpg

$65.00 Shipped Fed-Ex, for a limited time...

:nothing:

• Like 2

i have one ,the MD plug, its kinda a paper weight, i tried it at the range had all my buds there and looked like a dumbass as guess wat happened FTE FTE FTE, call it wat you want my shit runs like a top with out ur plug ill post pics after you insert your foot in you mouth. oh your drums kick ass bud.

I think someone wasn't held enough by mommy and daddy... :unsure:

• Like 2

i have one ,the MD plug, its kinda a paper weight, i tried it at the range had all my buds there and looked like a dumbass as guess wat happened FTE FTE FTE, call it wat you want my shit runs like a top with out ur plug ill post pics after you insert your foot in you mouth. oh your drums kick ass bud.

I think someone wasn't held enough by mommy and daddy... :unsure:

:lolol:

• Like 1

Dude, Your so full of it. And your pics look like all you basically did was polish your factory gas plug and got your angled surface into the threads. You didn't gain anything from that and only lost power. I offered for you to return your V-Plug... Why haven't I got a email or something from you about that? That's right, because your full of it... I can see your original factory edges on your factory plug. I thought it completely covered your ports... What a joke ass story. Good thing there are people here in the know to point out your poor attempt at acting like you know what your talking about...

went shooting last Sunday with stock puck and MD Arms V plug installed and FTE'd everytime with my Federal and Remington Wallyworld ammo...even FTE'd with Remington 00 buck...(I cycled thru all the settings on the V-plug)..replaced the plug with my Gunfixer plug and everything cycled with no further FTE's. Setting 1 for the buck and 2-3 for the Wallyworld bulk packs Federal and Remington,I've got a 2009 3 hole Saiga with no internal mods done.Good news is I only paid $20.00 for the MD Arms V plug.

I'm not buying it... Maybe you just didn't read your setting instructions good. The V-Plug out performs the Gunfixer. The Gunfixer is a great plug and the only other worth a damn in my opinion, and through physics... But if you want to return your plug just shoot us an email.

• Like 1

Dude... Your BS story about your factory plug covering your ports completely has lost you all credibility. You don't know shit and aren't smart enough to keep yourself from looking stupid apparently. Do you want me to mark exactly what I see in your sad factory plug pics? Yes, these guns vary... But Physics don't. If you have found a way to break the laws of physics I have a job opening for you and will pay you very, very well. :lolol::lolol:

• Like 1

did you just purchase recently? i got mine several months back when they first released on his site (at his first sale) maybe a bad batch released. mine adjusts perfectly set it on 5 for light bird, 3 for 2 3/4 buck and 2 for really heavy 3" buck (never used 1)

sniper, There was no bad batch. We are still on our same stock of plug from when you bought yours. I doubt this guy even has a V-Plug. He is just trying to look knowledgable and his lack of that knowledge is showing very clear to me...

• Like 1

ok i have an update I got a chance to re-polish and oiled carrier and went out for another round of shooting and i believe my conclusion is that the md plug may just control gas flow to much after polishing i noticed improvement with plug but now instead of not throwing bolt far enough back to eject it is starting to eject just not clearing the chamber

as asked before it is 19in barrel 2 ports now the v plug would not cycle 3in mags on 1 setting had to be on 3 which is y i don't think 5 is letting enough gas through to cycle so since the v plug is monitoring gas flow so tight if i added an extra gas port in theory it should work better and then i may be running 3 in magnums on setting 1 instead of 3 and getting low recoil to work on 5

I've been following this thread and I have to say that my S-12 is equipped with a V-plug...

While shooting last Friday, I experienced a few MASSIVE FTFs shortly after I switched over from birdshot to slugs. I put the mag in that was loaded with slugs, and then adjusted my V-plug to setting one and pulled the trigger, it kicked me like a mule and FTF. Settings 2-5 did the same thing.

After the fifth shot, my Surefire mag broke...

Then I pulled the gas plug and found a giant "wad-'o-shit" between the puck and the plug.

It turns out that the giant wad was scraped down into the gas block and then sealed off all of my gas ports.

No Mike, it wasn't your plug's fault, I had been firing several hundred rounds of birdshot from the hip as quick as I could load my MD-20 I just figured I'd bitch about it here. You've got a VERY satisfied customer here, every product I've gotten from you has worked flawlessly!

• Like 1

MD Arms V-plug 4 sale cheap..pm me if interested...(used once)

I'll give you $25 for the MD gas plug if it comes with the Saiga-12.

sure no problem...shipping will cost you about $700.00...more if you want me to include 4 AGP 10rd mags and 5 5rd mags and a tactical carry bag...you still want the V-plug?

• Like 2

sure no problem...shipping will cost you about $700.00...more if you want me to include 4 AGP 10rd mags and 5 5rd mags and a tactical carry bag...you still want the V-plug?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

ok i have an update I got a chance to re-polish and oiled carrier and went out for another round of shooting and i believe my conclusion is that the md plug may just control gas flow to much after polishing i noticed improvement with plug but now instead of not throwing bolt far enough back to eject it is starting to eject just not clearing the chamber

as asked before it is 19in barrel 2 ports now the v plug would not cycle 3in mags on 1 setting had to be on 3 which is y i don't think 5 is letting enough gas through to cycle so since the v plug is monitoring gas flow so tight if i added an extra gas port in theory it should work better and then i may be running 3 in magnums on setting 1 instead of 3 and getting low recoil to work on 5

If you only have 2 ports in a 19 inch gun that is your problem. Some came in like that when the factory switched from 4 (smaller) port to 3 (larger) ports in the 19 inch guns. I'm guessing you gun is a 2008. Does your serial number start with H08? Polishing and everything else isn't going to help until you get a 3rd port added or better yet a 3rd and 4th of smaller size. Until then you have a high brass only gun. There is a warranty service for this offered through Cadiz Gun Works free of charge.

• Like 2

I've been following this thread and I have to say that my S-12 is equipped with a V-plug...

While shooting last Friday, I experienced a few MASSIVE FTFs shortly after I switched over from birdshot to slugs. I put the mag in that was loaded with slugs, and then adjusted my V-plug to setting one and pulled the trigger, it kicked me like a mule and FTF. Settings 2-5 did the same thing.

After the fifth shot, my Surefire mag broke...

Then I pulled the gas plug and found a giant "wad-'o-shit" between the puck and the plug.

It turns out that the giant wad was scraped down into the gas block and then sealed off all of my gas ports.

No Mike, it wasn't your plug's fault, I had been firing several hundred rounds of birdshot from the hip as quick as I could load my MD-20 I just figured I'd bitch about it here. You've got a VERY satisfied customer here, every product I've gotten from you has worked flawlessly!

Clean that thing more, lol! Glad you like your items and thanks!

Richard... I am waiting for your email... I said I would give you a full refund including shipping. I don't think you can beat that can you? You have the time to answer Ron with the above but not to get a full refund out of a plug you would be selling for a loss elsewhere due to shipping cost... I think you just called BS on your own story. Way to earn creditbility to your name, great job! You don't have a V-Plug do you?

No plug will 'fix' an undergassed condition. Friction/resistance reduction may compensate for it a little,

You are correct that no plug will fix an under gassed condition. But I have found some guns aren't under gassed and just very rough and the polishing and tweaking will fix that condition. Too many people go straight to the port when that isn't the problem a lot of times. If it isn't the problem and you open your ports up when the real problem is resolved through polishing and break in you now have an over gassed gun... You should ALWAYS polish up before enlaging ports...

S6300761.jpg

That is some super nice looking work Pauly! You will crush the "competition" easily. Your work is way better! Your price is way better! Not to mention that you are actually measuring stuff and not just winging it... Ooop, I just mentioned that didn't I? :angel::super:

S6300761.jpg

That is some super nice looking work Pauly! You will crush the "competition" easily. Your work is way better! Your price is way better! Not to mention that you are actually measuring stuff and not just winging it... Ooop, I just mentioned that didn't I? :angel::super:

Thanks...

And Yes. I do measure.

The actual beginning wall thickness at the area that material is removed varies quite a bit bolt to bolt, so not to measure would be quite foolhardy.

Richard... I am waiting for your email... I said I would give you a full refund including shipping. I don't think you can beat that can you? You have the time to answer Ron with the above but not to get a full refund out of a plug you would be selling for a loss elsewhere due to shipping cost... I think you just called BS on your own story. Way to earn creditbility to your name, great job! You don't have a V-Plug do you?

First of all Mike no need to get nasty with me..I do have a V-Plug and if you would like to come down for a visit I'd be glad to take you to the shooting range and show you that it doesn't work in my gun..I wasn't trying to slam you or your product, it just doesn't work in my gun..thats all..I did pm you and requested that you apply the refund to a 20rd drum and I would pay the balance when I purchased the drum from your website.Now go check your pm, and way to earn credibility to your name, just because you are a valued member of this site because of your breakthrough Drum design doesn't mean shit to me.Why would I claim something doesn't work in my gun if I didn't own one?I pm'd you discreetly do work this deal, but since you want to call me out just because you are mad your POS plug doesn't work in all guns, don't take it out on me,I still plan on getting a 20rd drum from you because my POS Promag doesn't work.I'll send the V-Plug back to you tomorrow and if you want to do the deal I requested and apply the refund to a drum purchase then that would be great,if you want to refund my money that's great too, and if you just want to keep the plug and not give me a refund or add the refund towards a drum purchase that fine with me too..so please pm me or give me your answer here in the forum for all to see as to what you would like to do.

Thanks

Richard

• Like 2

sniper, There was no bad batch. We are still on our same stock of plug from when you bought yours. I doubt this guy even has a V-Plug. He is just trying to look knowledgable and his lack of that knowledge is showing very clear to me...

was just offering a constructive opinion. like i said mine works perfectly. i do aLOT of reloading, and the v plug comes in handy when testing new loads. ive also noticed i get alot less crud built up then i did with my factory plug. also its just damn easy to adjust. i get a kick out of watching my father in law have to pull out a tool every time he changes rnds. i honestly cant find one thing i dont like.

if anyone wants to see the plug in action, just look at any vid ive posted. the v plug was used in every vid ive ever shown on this site. be it bulk birdshot, to magnum handloads, to factory magnum rnds, the v pug has worked EVERY TIME! but again youre results may vary.

Edited by psl sniper

First of all Mike no need to get nasty with me..I do have a V-Plug and if you would like to come down for a visit I'd be glad to take you to the shooting range and show you that it doesn't work in my gun..I wasn't trying to slam you or your product, it just doesn't work in my gun..thats all..I did pm you and requested that you apply the refund to a 20rd drum and I would pay the balance when I purchased the drum from your website.Now go check your pm, and way to earn credibility to your name, just because you are a valued member of this site because of your breakthrough Drum design doesn't mean shit to me.Why would I claim something doesn't work in my gun if I didn't own one?I pm'd you discreetly do work this deal, but since you want to call me out just because you are mad your POS plug doesn't work in all guns, don't take it out on me,I still plan on getting a 20rd drum from you because my POS Promag doesn't work.I'll send the V-Plug back to you tomorrow and if you want to do the deal I requested and apply the refund to a drum purchase then that would be great,if you want to refund my money that's great too, and if you just want to keep the plug and not give me a refund or add the refund towards a drum purchase that fine with me too..so please pm me or give me your answer here in the forum for all to see as to what you would like to do.

Thanks

Richard

Wow oh wow! I just checked my PM's and looked all the back until before we even started selling the V-Plug and guess what? No pm has been sent from you... I am not surprised. I am all for a mod or admin to go into my PM account to verify this as well, so again on your name... If you have a V-Plug, which I highly doubt, why don't you go ahead and send me a PM now with your email and I will look your order up. Or just email it or post it here. Also if you have a V-Plug and it isn't working you are setting it wrong... There is no such thing as a V-Plug that doesn't work! There has not been one confirmed report of such and as a matter a fact this thread is the first of such reports and the only person in it that claims such that has any credibility just reported they have a 2 port 19 inch gun. So again... I'm waiting for your email. At first I thought maybe you had PMed because I very rarely go to them and have requested people to just email me direct... I guess I need to disable my PMs... But again, why don't you ask Makc to go into my account and check for this non-existent PM of your. He has my full permission...

• Like 1

setting 2-3 for for bulk fed/rem ? that cant be right, i use 3 for most factory buckloads, and 4-5 for bulk fed/rem.

pretty sure that RichardC1967 does have a v plug, as i offered to buy it from him. ive just been waiting to see how this plays out. hope you guys get it worked out.

He might have one but he DID NOT send me a PM which still makes him a liar. If he does he is setting it wrong.