WJQ-308 The People's E-Tool of Destiny!

It appears the Chinese take shovels and shoveling very seriously!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o

Needless to say I will be adding several of these to my collection of E-Tools.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chinese-Military-Shovel-Emergency-Tools-WJQ-308-Bags-/260708068196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb3696b64

wjq308-lopatka.jpg

Warning.. time for rant: I was made aware of this last summer, and people I have to say this...IT'S A FUCKING SHOVEL! Why the fascination with a muthafucking Chinese etool? My God, there has to be 100 different options to this Chink shit all over the web. Mod tools, Leatherman, Swiss Army knife, etc. Even Glock makes a folding shovel superior to this crap. :angry:

Holy shit, but how easy does the western man fall under the spell of Chinese infomercials and propaganda these days? It would be laughable if it wasn't so fucking sad.... :bag:

Rant off....

Thank you.....

Since I am able to afford a hammer, pliers and a camp saw, I prefer the German surplus E tool with the pick. I have one in the camper as well as one in every vehicle. Never spent over $20 for one and they are nearly indestructible and the push button works when wearing heavy snow gloves.

Warning.. time for rant: I was made aware of this last summer, and people I have to say this...IT'S A FUCKING SHOVEL! Why the fascination with a muthafucking Chinese etool? My God, there has to be 100 different options to this Chink shit all over the web. Mod tools, Leatherman, Swiss Army knife, etc. Even Glock makes a folding shovel superior to this crap. :angry:

Holy shit, but how easy does the western man fall under the spell of Chinese infomercials and propaganda these days? It would be laughable if it wasn't so fucking sad.... :bag:

Rant off....

Thank you.....

I own the Glock, The Spetznaz and the German model with the pick, a Gerber with a triangular handle and this combines my favorite features of all of the units plus some they never thought of.

Hammer Poll

Heavy Wire Cutter

Reinforced Cutting Edge

The reinforced cutting edge and the solid thick wall construction of the handle socket are what have me stoked as well as the steel they must be using to be able to get it hard enough for the saw teeth to cut that muffler pipe(55-60 Rockwell).

I can ditch the folling items by carrying this shovel

Wire Cutters

Small Hatchet

Gerber Folding Saw

I was already carrying a shovel anyway so dumping 4lbs of gear sounds great to me(as I am getting older and more feeble) and if it were made in Germany and cost $300 I would still be tempted by the design convergence and utility.

I have spent entire summers living outdoors in a camping situation and the shovel to dig fire pits and latrines is the single most valuable implement in all of my gear.

For the record I keep an even more expensive and in my opinion amazing shovel/tool made right here in the USA.It sits in my 4x4 and have been using it for nearly 18 years.

Max Ax

1214.jpg