A little hello to you northern folks

Ben, you look very proud of that bait fish. Maybe you can trade it in for a largemouth?

bait fish....

LOL

you do know i got a major tarpon run bout 1/2 hour from here and a fly rod, right?

its not about the bait fish, or the yankee beer.....its about me sitting out on one of the gazillion docks within walking distance, getting a buzz on with my neighbors, and getting the line in the water while NOT FREEZING MY ASS OFF AND SHOVELING ALL THAT WHITE STUFF!!!!!

and when you call me this summer when its 100 degrees out down here, im just going to tell you that it dont bother me, and im in the AC anyhow.......

:D

+1 to shannon btw i still laugh when i read that

you do know i got a major tarpon run bout 1/2 hour from here and a fly rod, right?

its not about the bait fish, or the yankee beer.....its about me sitting out on one of the gazillion docks within walking distance, getting a buzz on with my neighbors, and getting the line in the water while NOT FREEZING MY ASS OFF AND SHOVELING ALL THAT WHITE STUFF!!!!!

Ben, Come on man. I'm surounded by trout streams, I'm spitting distance from the Oswego river, and the Salmon river is 30 mins north of me.

The irony is, I think saltwater salmon taste better, I think perch and walleye are about the best tasting fish I've ever had, and I would rather get drunk than fish... So its not about that.

thus... Ice fishing is PERFECT. I can sit in a heated shack, or on a bucket and get loaded and let the tip-ups do the work for me. A nice bottle of scotch and some actic carhearts keep me plenty warm. Hell, getting a full take on perch is so easy up here I often have the fish offered to me taking out the middle man.

Here's some pics I took with my phone the other day, purely to text up to my friends and fam in NY, as they deal with snow:

701730937_photobucket_18697_.jpg

701730937_photobucket_18698_.jpg

Water's still kinda nippy, but that didn't stop a few people from getting in. But it was plenty warm enough to grab some chairs and bullshit on the beach. :super:

Here is the flip side of Cobra's Joke. Moving to Arizona.

May 15th: Now this is a state that knows how to live! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and deserts blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th: Really heating up. Got to 108 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car, work in an air-conditioned office. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshipper.

June 30th: Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th: The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's a dry heat. Getting used to it is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th: Fell asleep by the pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed two days of work; what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 25th: Dry heat, my butt. Hot is hot! The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the A/C repairman charged $250 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th: Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. $1,600 in damn house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

August 4th: 115 degrees! Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $1,200 and gets the temperature down to about 90. I hate this [expletive deleted] state.

August 8th: If another wise a** cracks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to tear his [expletive deleted] throat out. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and no deodorant works well enough!

August 10th: The weather report might as well be a damn recording: Hot and Sunny. It's been too hot to sleep for two damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this barren damn desert? $1,700 worth of cactus just dried up and blew into the [expletive deleted] pool. Even a cactus can't live in this heat.

August 14th: Welcome to Hell! Temperature got to 120 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the [expletive deleted] windshield out of the BMW. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1,600 house payment to bail me out of jail.

August 30th: Worst day of the damn summer. I'm not leaving the house. The [expletive deleted] monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell. The BMW is now floating somewhere in Mexico with its new $500 windshield. nobody told me about staying out of the washes during a "flash flood" warning. That does it. We're moving back to California and buying a house next to the freeway for some peace and quiet.

• Like 1

it was 117 degrees in tucson this day. does it look like it was bothering me? and in case anyone has heard me make the lowes and home depot comment about 5/4 and masons lime and getting banned from a few for it, this same home depot i got the material from for the little project in this picture was a great source of entertainment with the 5/4 request. noone in the store knew what it was, and i was leaning right on it!!!!! too funny. i had a good laugh, let me tell ya. ("OH wait, here it is. i was leaning on it the last half hour while half your employees were trying to figure out what it is!!!" i believe were my exact words right before i busted out laughing at those idiots)

screw the snow and ice. i could drink the water straight out of the creek in the front yard in NY, sure, and that exact location is often in the top three places in the northeast for trout fishing spots in field and stream...... it was when i went into town that ruined it for me eventually. what a bunch of assholes. nevermind those same people drove the cost of living through the roof "because we can probably get that much for it". my rent is 300 a month here. i can pull a mortgage for a little more than that and have a decent sized house, if i decide where exactly i want to wind up being permanently.

it isnt worth putting up with only to freeze my ass off and have work slow way down for half of the year. the only firewood i cut down nowadays is for burning in the fire pit out back.

ill come visit home, sure, but im good on that snow and ice stuff now. it just aint worth it to me any more.

...im still not quite used to the neighbor coming up to me and saying that a bald eagle took off with their cat, though.....

post-83-0-06526600-1298487175_thumb.jpg