I have an opportunity to buy one of these at a good price. The concept seems pretty cool but I don't know anything about the gun. Are they any good? I have concerns about the durability based on previous kel tec products I've owned. I'm wondering if it would make a good reliable self defense gun or if it's more of a fun range toy. Any thoughts?

I have a friend that has the 40. It's a decent little carbine to shoot, fairly accurate at 75 yards. It'd be a great trunk gun. Reliable as long as you keep it oiled and cleaned. It's not a hunting gun by any stretch of the imagination. I've seen them all tricked out but that defeats the "folding" feature completely. If it's a good price I'd get it.

He's selling it for $300 with two extra 33rd mags (glock mags). I definitely wasn't in the market for one but I don't think I can pass that up. I'm thinking for that price I could always resell it if I don't like it.

Edited by cooger

If it's a Glock version I would buy it! It is a great gun and fun to shoot. I used to own one in .40 cal it took Sig magazines which were expensive as hell and the only aftermarket high cap mags I could find were shitty promags that jammed up all the time. My buddy has the 9mm Glock version not one jam in three years.

If it's a Glock version I would buy it! It is a great gun and fun to shoot. I used to own one in .40 cal it took Sig magazines which were expensive as hell and the only aftermarket high cap mags I could find were shitty promags that jammed up all the time. My buddy has the 9mm Glock version not one jam in three years.

My biggest complaint was the crap that spewed out on to my right arm every time I fired the weapon. Probably has something to do with the weapon folding at the breech. Mine was .40 S&W. Very little advantage in accuracy over a pistol in the same caliber. A 9mm model for $300 with 2 33-round factory Glock mags is a great deal. If the mags are korean aftermarket, it's still a good deal, but you'll want to get some factory mags.

I have one. It's OK for the shits and giggles factor. I moved the front sight back and threaded my barrel for my can. With the can installed, it looks just weird as hell. But it's fun to hand to some one to shoot while it's folded. :) and then look at the goofy look on their face.