Hate to ask this complete noob question...

Thanks! How do the boxes look though? The federal gameshok are in blue boxes. I don't remember seeing a large box of 100 anywhere in their glass cabinet. Maybe I should look harder...

There are no noob questions (Or so I am told). People are referring to the Federal or Winchester bulk packs of 100 rounds for 22.98.

In my Wal-Mart they are on a shelf by the counter, not in the glass case. Just ask for the Federal 100 bulk pack. It is blue if I remember right.

Just stay away from the winchester bulk that's even cheaper most of the time it won't cycle.

For some it runs just fine ;)

They have itin the bottom of the case at my wall world. I have to ask for it. Only reason I commented on the win was out 5 s12 s we shoot none will cycle it. Some have better luck I guess. Sorry for the misinformation

That's not misinformation, that's true. It does not work for everyone.

What is that Walmart Federal Bulk pack you are all talking about? I checked 3 walmarts around me, the cheapest I could found were boxes of 25 shells of Federal GameShok (2 3/4 #6 shots) for $4.67 or ~$5 after tax. Is that what you refer to federal bulk pack?

It's the 100 rd pack. 1 box, inside is 4 smaller boxes of 25 ea.

I prefer Remington.

med_gallery_23795_509_1099639.jpg

Edited by Plastik

they are maroon in color and are the size of the 25 rd box x 4. but the stuff your buying is just as chaep and maybe better??

Thanks! How do the boxes look though? The federal gameshok are in blue boxes. I don't remember seeing a large box of 100 anywhere in their glass cabinet. Maybe I should look harder...

There are no noob questions (Or so I am told). People are referring to the Federal or Winchester bulk packs of 100 rounds for 22.98.

Edited by Guns Are Great

What is that Walmart Federal Bulk pack you are all talking about? I checked 3 walmarts around me, the cheapest I could found were boxes of 25 shells of Federal GameShok (2 3/4 #6 shots) for $4.67 or ~$5 after tax. Is that what you refer to federal bulk pack?

the game shocks actually come out being cheeper than the 100 rnd value packs. not to mention they are 90 fps faster. (1290 vs 1200 on average)

I prefer the Federal and haven't had any problems with them. I just pick up a box every time I go in Walmart no matter what I am in there for.... :angel:

Todd

DSCN0001-5.jpg

I like the stockpile. I am still like a kid in a candy store, buying pretty much every good deal on ammo to try out in my Saiga whenever I'm in Walmart or a sporting goods store.

Thanks for asking the question OP. Just earlier this week I was google searching for an answer to this very question.

I am curious though, since these are low brass are these not recommended for initial break-in or are they? I always thought you should break-in with high brass but I know I've read about people breaking in with Federal bulk

Thanks for asking the question OP. Just earlier this week I was google searching for an answer to this very question.

I am curious though, since these are low brass are these not recommended for initial break-in or are they? I always thought you should break-in with high brass but I know I've read about people breaking in with Federal bulk

Your S12 may not even require any kind of "break in". 2 of my 3 S12s would cycle federal bulk right out of the box if I had the gas plug on setting 2. Now 1 of them will even cycle federal bulk on setting 1 since certain contacting areas have been smoothed out from so much use.

Now 1 of them will even cycle federal bulk on setting 1 since certain contacting areas have been smoothed out from so much use.

Is that a good thing at all? That means the gun will overgas when shooting high power rounds? How does the gun actually run?

I was scratching my head at the 100 round bulk pack prices...

Federal #6 is considerably cheaper to buy in bulk and even when I was running way undergassed with the gun dirty as hell it'd still run that stuff, while it'd choke on universal. Pretty confident it could run just about anything reliably now though.

The one gun shop by me has 250 round Federal cases for $49.99 right now......picked up one yesterday and will be going back out for a couple more. :smoke:

Todd

Smokin' deal right there!

(.20/rnd for Federal)

Would be nice if the national sporting goods chain stores had deals like that.

Now 1 of them will even cycle federal bulk on setting 1 since certain contacting areas have been smoothed out from so much use.

Is that a good thing at all? That means the gun will overgas when shooting high power rounds? How does the gun actually run?

It runs fine. After discovering that it would now cycle the bulk stuff on setting 1 I added a V-Plug for more adjustability. No problems at all. :wub: