Draco build G2 needed?

Sitting on this Draco waiting for a stamp to put an underfolder on it. Should I bother replacing the factory trigger in lieu of a G2? All my AKs have G2s for compliance parts which I know improve upon the mil spec trigger but the Draco is getting SBR'd so compliance parts do not matter. I put six mags through this weapon since new and no noticeable "trigger slap" so I may end up breaking out the Dremel and polishing it up a bit for shits and giggles. Just wondering if I should be bothered replacing it?

Sitting on this Draco waiting for a stamp to put an underfolder on it. Should I bother replacing the factory trigger in lieu of a G2? All my AKs have G2s for compliance parts which I know improve upon the mil spec trigger but the Draco is getting SBR'd so compliance parts do not matter. I put six mags through this weapon since new and no noticeable "trigger slap" so I may end up breaking out the Dremel and polishing it up a bit for shits and giggles. Just wondering if I should be bothered replacing it?

Dracos don't have them already? I heard the recent ones do..?

Dracos don't have them already? I heard the recent ones do..?

Nope, no requirement on parts counts for AK pistols so why would they bother to replace the FCG?

Edited by MT Predator

There was a specific batch of Draco's imported last year that had a problem with the factory FCG. Rather than look for specific problem guns, they replaced all the FCG's from that batch with G2's. Most of those guns were sold a while back, but some could still be sitting on gunstore shelves to this day. All the newer Draco C's seem to come with the factory Romy milled semi trigger parts, & are fine. I would certainly not remove a Romy FCG & replace it with a G2 unless I had to for compliance reasons. After all, people don't purchase the G2 because it's an upgrade. They purchase it because it's 3 cheap parts to comply with 922. Me, I'll always keep the imported FCG & buy 1 US mag for 3 of my US parts. GARY N4KVE

Hello

I slipped "Texas AK" double hook FCG's into my two Draco SBR's just because I had the them sitting around and I like the D/H setup. They do seem to be a little smoother and crisper than the factory setup.

If I hadn't had 'em already I probably would have just left the stock FCG's in there.

JMHO...

-guido

some Draco's have G2's some do not. Mine did not, it had the romy but I swapped it out for the G2 because the romy had really I mean really sharp edges Made it unconformable to shoot. As for 922r parts pistols don't need them. Now in the past few years a few letters are around about how a SBR wouldn't or would need 922r parts. this is the newest one I have seen.

2010-02-28_105613_atfresponseregardingpar.jpg

Edited by madmax4x4

Time to do some more homework, the last I heard, compliance parts didn't matter with a SBR. Buddy of mine had a Krink built by a reputable builder and the only thing US on it is the Nodak Spud receiver. The rest is all Bulgarian.

• 2 weeks later...

Put it in there, they're not priced to the point where its going to hurt the wallet, and they do make a difference right?? Right?

And since I'm going to SBR mine, from what I've been reading on other boards, the SBR'd Draco's as I understand it do need to meet 922r specs.

Maybe someone who has done this already can chime in before we make an oopsie?

That would count for three compliance parts providing that is what the BATFE wants in a SBR nowadays. I'll have to shit some more compliance parts if I want to use my Polish underfolder and handguards. I'll probably just put the G2 in it anyway as my others have them and the triggers would be fairly consistent between all of them.

Hello

I've SBR'd three AK pistols, two Draco's and a Red Jacket. The Red Jacket came with a single hook G2 so I left it alone. Both Draco's came with Romy single hookers, not terrible but brand new they were a noticeable notch below the lightly used G2. Not as smooth, not as clean on the break.

I replaced both Draco's with double hook "Texas AK" FCG's, and right ont of the box they were noticebly smoother and cleaner breaking than the G2.

I can't say about the legalities involved, but from a practical side, I think it's time/$$ well spent to go ahead and make that upgrade.

Heck, by the time you've paid for your stamp and the transfer and all, you've made a bit of an investment, might as well have a sweet shootin' little rifle.

JMHO...

-guido