And just because you dont really get the full size comparison without something to compare it to....

This is 54" of solid BOO YAH...

and a cute lil AR15 next to it....with a 3/4" stainless heavy barrel on the AR no less!!!

:smoke:

sidebyside.jpg

Edited by IndyArms

SO far.... the quality looks excellent... wont know till I shoot it tomorrow... if I dont come back... we will all know it wasnt... LOL

I am sure its fine... got a one year warrantee too!! WOOWOOO!!

LOL

Congratulations on your new .....ah....baby. Very Nice Indy. That is a beauty. Nice wood, look, and muzzle piece. You must have one hell of a wife and job to sport toys like that on top of all the Saiga's you've purchased in the last 12-18 months. Not to mention the price of ammo for your new hungry beast. That baby is going to spit out milk and scream for steak. You'll need a second mortgage to feed it on a routine basis.

That is one mean looking weapon. Too cool. I think you got Bvamps attention now. He is interested in the .50 cal stuff these days.

Give us the field report after you sight it in and let her rip.

Wolverine :smoke:

:lolol: Wow. Wow. Wow. That's gorgeous. I love the dragunov looking stock instead of the typical "robo-cop" construction commonly found on 50cals. Some day I'll have one of my own, but until then please let me live vicariously through you by posting some vids or at least comments on what it's like. Is that a single shot bolt action? Do you have to remove the bolt completely to load the next round, or just pull back the rack? Do you have an optic that can handle a BMG round? Accurate to ~5000', super shock-resistant, etc. And where are you shooting it? No ranges around me can accomodate something that nice. It'd be like showing up to a go-kart track in a ferrari enzo. Keep us posted, but :eek: is all i gotta say.

First range report...

OK... if I can find someplace to host the video, I will post a couple small video clips, from my camera, and also to get the ones from my buddies video camera too... ( His have sound!!! :) )

I had no optics yet on it... and yes, I will be able to scope it without worries...

It was point and pull the trigger at the range today.. just out to 100 yards was all... but that was only for test firing.

I gotta say... WOW!!!!!!

It honestly lives up to the manufacturers claim of 19 ft/lbs of recoil energy... you could LITERALLY and HAPPILY SHOOT THIS RIFLE ALL DAY LONG!!! ( if you could afford to!) I have shot worse 12 gauge turkey and slug loads, and to be honest, I think my ROMAK 3 kicks about as hard as this does.... It doesnt kick like a SHARP whack... its more of a hard push...the brake, the weight, and the recoil pad all do the job... if you are used to shooting larger caliber weapons and are past the flinch stage, you WONT FLINCH shooting this!!

Everything seemed to work really nicely, and smooth... I wont know how WELL it shoots till the scope arrives via UPS next week, but till then... the 10 or so rounds I put thru it went great... my buddy Chris was expecting a LOT worse.. and he loved it... Commented that hes shooting the wrong gun for duck season as some steel shot rounds cost like 4 bucks a pop... The ammo I am shooting now is about a buck-15 a round...

The trigger pull is HORRIBLE... Its HARD... I thought stock saiga triggers were bad... this one prolly rates about a 8 - 10 pounder... you gotta SQUEEZE!!! its VERY crisp... but HARD... it is like squeeze HAAAARD... then it instantly BREAKS...BOOM... I cant say as I like that for any form of accurate long range shooting, but its a STANDARD 98 Mauser trigger, so any upgrades that can be had for that will fit this... and I am sure it can be fitted with something nice... I would honestly want a VERY light trigger say 2 or 3 pounds... so that when you are ready for it to go, you KNOW its going to go RIGHT THEN....

Well, If anyone can give me hints for video hosting, please let me know so I can post the vids of today for yall...

Time to go to work!!!

Gotta feed the baby... LOL

Edited by IndyArms
300 Remington Ultra Mag costs just as much.
Probably even MORE!!!!

1/2 inch holes! We want pix of 1/2 inch holes!

ME TOO!! Wait till I get the optics on it, and sight it in... I will post pics of holes then! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm anxious to see the optics mounted and the carnage possible once that is done! Please let me live vicariously through your .50caliber!!! I want one sooooo badly, let me know how you're liking yours. I think I like it even better than the Barretts: it's just more rifleish instead of Robocopish. Thanks

Yes, belated Super Nice piece Indy. Hopefully, Schumer, Feinstein, Kennedy & Kerry won't show up with their lap dog Hilary asking why you really need such a weapon. If they do, show 'em the 1/2" holes and they'll get the point. Really a nice weapon you did good my man.