For Saiga-12:

Barrel extender (175 mm / approx. 7"): $65

Barrel extender with choke (total lengh 165 mm / approx. 6.5"): $72

Muzzle adaptors:

Choke: $45

Half choke: $43

Cylinder: $39

Paradox: $58

Paradox adaptor allows to increase accuracy of Saiga shotguns.

------------------

For Saiga-20:

Muzzle adaptors:

Choke: $45

Half choke: $43

Cylinder: $39

Paradox: $58

-----------------

All these are made in Russia by Izhmash.

Will be shipped from Russia.

Shipping: $5 per each item (subject to discount on multiple items - it all depends on the actual weight).

Email: saigamags AT ToughGuy.net

I got referencies from the board members.

I was asking how hard it is to put a thread on a NON-THREADED s-20 so I can change out the muzzle adaptors.  Can my local shop do it or does it take special machining??

to my mind, the easiest way would be to bring both threaded and non-threaded Saigas (if you can get both kinds) to your local shop and ask the person-in-the-know how hard would it be to put a thread on a NON-THREADED s-20

It's a metric thread so good luck finding someone to do it. I've asked around some and have not had any luck so far. There is an option for non threaded barrels though. Rusmilitary has a front AK style sight that goes on with set screws and has a threaded flash hider you can take off. The threads are not the same size as the ones in the chokes though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just off the phone with Saiga design bureau. The man I talked to (one of the designers) told me that if Saiga (any kind of it) comes UNTHREADED, it - in general - SHOULD NOT be threaded because it comes with a cast CHOKE (Full or half, see marks on the package - either F1,0 or F0,9) and it wont be EASY to thread and it will sure ruin the accuracy of the rifle.

Hey thanks acca47 for digging that up. Mine was originally a 22" and was cut down by EAA (to remove the external threads) to 19". Was full choke, but now it's just cylinder bore. (Same as my dad's 20 ga remington) I wanted to know the thread because I have a machinist who can thread the outside for me if I give him the thread info. I can then attach the factory chokes.

He has some metric dies, but needs more info on the thread. He said the 0.75mm would typically refer to the pitch of the thread, but at the size we'd need for the S-20 the pitch is usually larger. Have to do some more digging. I know the S-410 is a 14x1.0 left-hand thread...the 20's & 12's are right-handed.

For example...his book shows for 20mm there's 3 pitches 1.0, 1.5 & 2.0 for fine thread and one for coarse thread - 2.5.

Thanks all...gotta do some more research. I guess I could just buy a choke & then find out what size bolt fits in it...then find a die...anyone else out there got anything???

Edited by dinzag

The easiest way to get chokes for a Saiga that is not allready threaded is to have a gunsmith internally thread your saiga for REM Chokes or Winchester or something that is readily available. Besides they are much cheaper than the factory Saiga Chokes.

Edited by jtoddellis
The easiest way to get chokes for a Saiga that is not allready threaded is to have a gunsmith internally thread your saiga for REM Chokes or Winchester or something that is readily available. Besides they are much cheaper than the factory Saiga Chokes.

That is TRUE.... and DOES work awesome...

As long as they dont fuck it up like this one did...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6972

:smoke:

Yeah, problem is I can get the external threading done for free. If I have to take it in somewhere, the rem chokes would be the way to go. Gander wants $125 & Williams wants $150! (remove barrel & gb/tube, has chrome lined bore...) Probably just as expensive either way when it's all said & done. I'll try to get some info from the factory on 'em. As for the external threads, looks like it's probably an 18mm thread as the o.d. of the barrel is about 19.84mm. Now what pitch?

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.