I love horror movies, I like when they can put me on edge. I like to come home from shooting and put one in while I clean the guns or gun.

Of course Im a huge zombie fan and like alot of the movies. My fav newer one is the Dawn of the dead remake. I also really like the series The walking Dead, they did a really good job on it.

One of my all time favorite horror films is not a Z film at all, its a gem called THE THING by John Carpenter. Its an early 80s focking awesome scary movie. Its the atmosphere of the movie that just puts you on edge. It stars an 80s Kurt Russel.

A prequel will be out this this Oct, its about what happens the day or days before The Thing, about what happend at the other camp. I think itll bring in a younger audience, I was only 1 when it came out myself.

Since I went out last night and had too much fun, Im hung over like a mofo now and Im not going out tonite. When it gets dark Im going to watch it while I clean my rifle and wait for my GF to come over.

If you havent seen the movie, I posted the first part. Youll thank me later.

http://youtu.be/25_MNd-RDa8

• Like 2

The movie to which you refer is a remake of the orginal "The Thing From Another World" done in 1951 by John Carpenter. Not aware if you knew this. Stars James Arness before he became famous in Gunsmoke.

I was aware of this I was just keeping it simple. Did you know that first movie was done off a short story by a guy named John Campbell, first published in 1938. It was called Who goes there?

Thanks!

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Like 1
One of my all time favorite horror films is not a Z film at all, its a gem called THE THING by John Carpenter. Its an early 80s focking awesome scary movie. Its the atmosphere of the movie that just puts you on edge. It stars an 80s Kurt Russel.

Saw it when I was a kid, its not a good idea to ignore the rating on this one. Prequel could be awesome on it, we'll wait and see.

I LOVE the walking dead.....

I had to wait till it came out on DVD (no cable)

it's to bad we got to wait till Oct for more.

poor me I got to wait till it comes out on

DVD.

The Thing is one of the all time best and

part 2 I'll bet will rock.

I my self love Z movies even my fav 28 weeks.

We all know that that "The Thing" is a remake. Now it is getting re-done in the Twilight fashion! It's gonna suck. John Carpenter's Thing will always rule!

Its not getting redone, its a prequel. its about what happens at the Norwegian camp before the events of The Thing. Im reading its going to be good.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't owned a tv for 11 years now, and a bunch of people kept telling me how good The Walking Dead was, it not on You Tube because of copyright stuff, so I finaly ordered it on DVD. Very cool show. Not as scary as I thought it would be, but character driven. Special effects are amazing.

• Like 2

I just watched Mega Python vs. Gatoroid! Yeah, I watch chessy horror movies. Just loved when helicopter pilot dangles Tiffany in front of snakes and gators like he's dangling bait! My favorite horror movie is Aliens, the second one. Could watch that right now and be a happy camper. :)

• Like 1

The movie to which you refer is a remake of the orginal "The Thing From Another World" done in 1951 by John Carpenter. Not aware if you knew this. Stars James Arness before he became famous in Gunsmoke.

The 1951 The Thing From Another Planet was a Howard Hawks film.

Carpenter did the remake.

BTW I am looking forward to the prequel.

I saw the Carpenter film at the theater when I was a kid.

The Thing.... an absolute CLASSIC. I hope this prequel is good, I really do.

Now who here liked "They Live"? :super:

I love THEY LIVE! They should remake that with the head alien being oBAMa,

HOPE CHANGE OBEY CONFORM