Saw a F/A Shorty S-12 and a Street Sweeper

I think it was a Full Auto S-12 with a wraithmaker drum on the movie Drive Angry with Nicholas Cage. Last action sequence.

In the movie White Elephant a guy uses a Street Sweeper with a < shaped muzzle attachment to spread the shot.

Wondering if anyone noticed that was a s-12 in Drive Angry or was it a different shotgun?

And would a < shaped non-vented muzzle attachment cause the shot to spread as depicted in the film?

Haven't seen Drive Angry yet but I want to. Looks like it will be good. If it looked like a drum fed AK shotgun, chances are it was an S-12, unless it was an AA 12 or something else much slower than the S-12.

The Spas 12 used to come with a shot diverter that sounds like what you are talking about.

The duckbilled or spreader choke was used in VietNam iirc. I was trying to find something on "The Box Of Truth" the other day and came up empty. There may be a thread on here somewhere about them, again iirc. I'd look for it but I gotta get back to my concrete steps before they start cracking, lol.

That was definitely a saiga 12 in Drive Angry. Other notable movie showings of the saiga 12 were: Machette (The hit man in the church has one with a goofy kit on it), Gun (50 Cent sells one), Burn Notice (An X-EOD guy uses one to try to kill someone).

The duckbilled or spreader choke was used in VietNam iirc. I was trying to find something on "The Box Of Truth" the other day and came up empty. There may be a thread on here somewhere about them, again iirc. I'd look for it but I gotta get back to my concrete steps before they start cracking, lol.

There is a thread on here somewhere about it and I can't remember who it was that was tring to make one for the S-12 I thought it was Cobra but I am not sure but I would love to have one.

I missed this one on Gunbroker it was only up for 2 hours on a 7 day auction and had a buy now price of $400 http://www.gunbroker...?Item=227073775

Also check this out about half way down is a S-12 with a spreader choke on it. http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/shotguns/Saiga12/saiga12.htm

post-21226-0-74192800-1307301443_thumb.jpg

Edited by SCHULTZE

Went to to see Hangover 2 at a matinee today and there was a preview for a movie called "The Debt", i swear i spotted an S12 for a split second in that preview. Its based in Russia if i'm not mistaken and its about some US clandestine activities, decades ago. It looks to be a good flick.

N/M False claim. Just watched the trailer for it online, not an S12. Anyway, looks like a good movie.

Carry on.

Edited by Mullet Man