Is it legal to Concealed Carry an automatic weapon? This is for Florida. This question is also for a legally owned automatic weapon (obviously), lets say a Mac 10 or something.

EDIT: Unfortunately I have to clarify; I don't want to carry an automatic weapon. I am aware of all the cons like too many unaccounted for bullets going everywhere. For me, my 1911 works just fine.. I asked just as a hypothetical, and the focus wasn't on the Mac 10, just if you can legally carry one or not. I wasn't asking for personal opinions/lecturing or witty comments on what you can deduct from my original post, then play games... just the answer.

Edited by socom688

Is it legal to Concealed Carry an automatic weapon? This is for Florida. This question is also for a legally owned automatic weapon (obviously), lets say a Mac 10 or something.

You expectin' company?

does florida have a concealed pistol license or concealed weapon license? or do they have a law specifying concealed carry only applies to pistols? if it's a concealed weapons license, i'd expect it is legal to carry a legally owned full auto, though definitely make sure before you go try it

• Like 1
You expectin' company?

This one actually got me chucklin' out loud! Nope, not that I know of. I was just bored looking at "affordable" automatic weapons and it was one of those random thoughts.. I get those a lot..

does florida have a concealed pistol license or concealed weapon license? or do they have a law specifying concealed carry only applies to pistols? if it's a concealed weapons license, i'd expect it is legal to carry a legally owned full auto, though definitely make sure before you go try it

They have a Concealed Weapon license. It covers weapons ranging from asps to guns.

Edited by socom688

Hahaha, for those expecting to be mugged by a bus full of criminals :P

But honestly, this is a pretty good question. If you could, you could potentially carry a folding stock automatic AK under your trench-coat or in your car :P

Oh wow. That is awesome, but at the same time disturbing. I trust myself with a weapon, and am very confident that I can handle them responsibly, but I have a friend who has a CCW who honestly should not. He is extremely.. EXTREMELY impulsive and him with a concealed AK is a down right scary thought.

Edited by socom688

if it's a concealed weapons license and there are no more laws specifically prohibiting it, then it should be legal, but the liability involved if you ever had to use your weapon would be great, it's pretty hard to control a burst from a mac10 in a public area, especially under stress, you always have to account for every shot fired in a self defense situation.

You have a conceal carry license and you are asking what you can carry? That right there is scary.....

Have you taken the class? They barely touch the tip of the iceburg on gun laws, even the good ones. Laws on the subject go on for pages and pages and an entire semester long class could be dedicated to teaching gun laws, defense laws, what constitutes homicide or self defense etc etc. I have read a lot, but in all the language I have seen, I haven't seen anything that answered my stated specific question. Forgive me, I must have slipped over it.:haha:

• Like 1

You have a conceal carry license and you are asking what you can carry? That right there is scary.....

Have you taken the class? They barely touch the tip of the iceburg on gun laws, even the good ones. Laws on the subject go on for pages and pages and an entire semester long class could be dedicated to teaching gun laws, defense laws, what constitutes homicide or self defense etc etc. I have read a lot, but in all the language I have seen, I haven't seen anything that answered my stated specific question. Forgive me, I must have slipped over it.:haha:

So you want to carry an automatic mac 10?

Why? ....exactly.

common sense :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I actually have a CCW and in, gasp, California. Not that it is a big deal. But the laws here require that the CCW firearm be a handgun-either a pistol or revolver. I am probably right in assuming it is a similar requirement in all the other states. Assuming your autoweapon is actually in a handgun configuration then you just MIGHT be good to go. However, I gotta put in with the guys above and say your probably asking for serious trouble if you should ever need to spray it. A stint in jail for collateral damage manslaughter would not be fun and it would be the most probably outcome of an uncontrolled burst of lead. And a burst from any auto weapon does not readily lend itself to excellent and precise control regardless of your arm and hand strength. Have your full auto, but go for a handgun with sufficient power and good sights for your CCW permit. I suggest a Springfield XD 45 if you have large enough hands, else get a 9mm or 40. Also, if you don't already have a permit then I suggest this site as a start: http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/florida-ccw-state-laws.php This will get your started.

Edited by jmdove

Why? ....exactly.

I never said I wanted to carry a Mac 10 <_<. I was asking if you legally carry an automatic weapon, and said Mac 10 as an example. It would be much harder to conceal anything bigger with normal clothes. I don't understand the common sense statement? I am unsure of your angle, I am not in the mood for a forum's e-fight..

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I actually have a CCW and in, gasp, California. Not that it is a big deal. But the laws here require that the CCW firearm be a handgun-either a pistol or revolver. I am probably right in assuming it is a similar requirement in all the other states. Assuming your autoweapon is actually in a handgun configuration then you just MIGHT be good to go. However, I gotta put in with the guys above and say your probably asking for serious trouble if you should ever need to spray it. A stint in jail for collateral damage manslaughter would not be fun and it would be the most probably outcome of an uncontrolled burst of lead. And a burst from any auto weapon does not readily lend itself to excellent and precise control regardless of your arm and hand strength. Have your full auto, but go for a handgun with sufficient power and good sights for your CCW permit. I suggest a Springfield XD 45 if you have large enough hands, else get a 9mm or 40.

Yeah, I could only imagine the collateral damage charges.

I guess I should revise my OP. I do not want to carry an automatic, I was just asking. I do not want to carry a Mac 10 myself. Hell I don't even want one, I was just asking, figuratively speaking. The gun in my picture is what I carry. .45 RIA Commander.

Why? ....exactly.

I never said I wanted to carry a Mac 10 <_<. I was asking if you legally carry an automatic weapon, and said Mac 10 as an example. It would be much harder to conceal anything bigger with normal clothes. I don't understand the common sense statement? I am unsure of your angle, I am not in the mood for a forum's e-fight..

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I actually have a CCW and in, gasp, California. Not that it is a big deal. But the laws here require that the CCW firearm be a handgun-either a pistol or revolver. I am probably right in assuming it is a similar requirement in all the other states. Assuming your autoweapon is actually in a handgun configuration then you just MIGHT be good to go. However, I gotta put in with the guys above and say your probably asking for serious trouble if you should ever need to spray it. A stint in jail for collateral damage manslaughter would not be fun and it would be the most probably outcome of an uncontrolled burst of lead. And a burst from any auto weapon does not readily lend itself to excellent and precise control regardless of your arm and hand strength. Have your full auto, but go for a handgun with sufficient power and good sights for your CCW permit. I suggest a Springfield XD 45 if you have large enough hands, else get a 9mm or 40.

I guess I should revise my OP. I do not want to carry an automatic, I was just asking. I do not want to carry a Mac 10 myself. Hell I don't even want one, I was just asking, figuratively speaking. The gun in my picture is what I carry. .45 RIA Commander.

I am not looking for a fight either....and you are obviously lacking the common sense to understand the statement if you felt the need to ask the question.:ded:

Over and out

Why? ....exactly.

I am not looking for a fight either....and you are obviously lacking the common sense to understand the statement if you felt the need to ask the question.:ded:

Over and out

Seems like it. :rolleyes:. I understand flaming, but are you really gunna dig on my original question? I have been asked by friends this same question in the past, and I have had to tell them that I think you can carry automatic, but I don't know for sure. Then the thought popped into my head tonight, and I thought, well I could post it up on Saiga-12 and get some reliable answers. There never seems to be a lack of smart aleck answers on any internet forum...

You are probably correct. But then again, a lot of things I thought were illegal actually were legal. Case in point, my Thompson semiautos which I was told by most of the FFLs' in my area were on the banned list. The Thompson was not and I had to prove to one FFL that it was legal and then I bought two. I should point out that US corporations are permitted to own SMGs' and use them on their security teams. I don't know the details of this however. But even California, the dreaded anitgun state, allows this.

Most likely you could carry it BUT......you cant

use it for self def.

In Oregon class 3 is aOK to own but can NOT

be used for HD....and I would spect it's the

Fed BATFE rule/law with class 3.

No offense meant brother. Just trying to be helpful. I gotta say though, your Commander is a fine weapon and is also a solid plateform to use for CCW. If you don't already have a CCW look up this site: http://apps.carrycon...-state-laws.php

Appreciate it! I really love the feel of this gun. It fits my hands well, and I can get it on down range and on point faster than other guns I have fired. I already have my CCW. I took a class at the local Gander Mtn. They take it pretty damn seriously and it is nice to see someone teach the class who is extremely competent and experienced with firearms. All of them are ex LEOs or Military.

Why? ....exactly.

Over and out

Seems like it. :rolleyes:. I understand flaming, but are you really gunna dig on my original question? I have been asked by friends this same question in the past, and I have had to tell them that I think you can carry automatic, but I don't know for sure. Then the thought popped into my head tonight, and I thought, well I could post it up on Saiga-12 and get some reliable answers. There never seems to be a lack of smart aleck answers on any internet forum...

Then maybe you should tell them the same thing. You shouldnt do it ever. EVER.

Why would you want to do it?

You dont like the answers here? lmao

Try a few others and see the results. These have been mild.

Hrm I see it now.....

THR>........THREAD LOCKED DUE TO STUPIDITY!

AKFILES.......omg hell yes spray and pray kill people kill people!

S12 forums....well you get a thread. Like or leave it.

Think anyone here is being a dick. Then give one benefit of an automatic weapon for personal defense.

Edited by Chevyman097

Why? ....exactly.

Over and out

Hrm I see it now.....

Think anyone here is being a dick. Then give one benefit of an automatic weapon for personal defense.

Jesus man, buy a punching bag, pop some rounds off, take some aspirin.. hand squeezers are nice. I was asking a question, and in no shape or form want to carry an automatic weapon. As said I carry a 1911. The only possible advantage of an automatic would be if it was you vs. a shitload of guys, like someone else said. I am on your boat with it not being a smart idea. Too many bullets going to too many unaccounted for places. The collateral could be astronomical, I get that. When my friends have asked, I immediately don't tell them they shouldn't own it, I know they were just asking out of curiosity. If you saw them, you would know what I am talking about. One is a 110 lbs girl who is afraid of knives and can't even stand being in the same room as one, let alone a gun.

I love the answers here, little bullshit, a lotta useful stuff.

I just figured it out.. you drive a Chevy. Explains everything.;)

Edited by socom688
  • Like 2

This is a test: Was this thread actually locked? Just because you can lock a thread doesn't mean you should-ever. It pisses everybody off. Well I guess it wasn't locked. Good. That's encouraging.

Now Socom688, I am not surprised about what you siad about the Commander. It is a damn fine gun. Glad to hear you have a CCW.. It should be an absolute right to carry. Afterall self-defense is a moral right.

I will say, too, that this thread was and is an excellent question, the more details of the law, and the ins and outs you know the better off you are. Out here in Cali the Cali DOJ refuses to give interpretations of the law and always says "that's for a prosecutor to decide." That of course makes everything weird in a bad way. So you keep asking those legal questions and ignore the taunts and insults.

Edited by jmdove

Why? ....exactly.

Over and out

Hrm I see it now.....

Jesus man, buy a punching bag, pop some rounds off, take some aspirin.. hand squeezers are nice. I was asking a question, and in no shape or form want to carry an automatic weapon. As said I carry a 1911. The only possible advantage of an automatic would be if it was you vs. a shitload of guys, like someone else said. I am on your boat with it not being a smart idea. Too many bullets going to too many unaccounted for places. The collateral could be astronomical, I get that. When my friends have asked, I immediately don't tell them they shouldn't own it, I know they were just asking out of curiosity. If you saw them, you would know what I am talking about. One is a 110 lbs girl who is afraid of knives and can't even stand being in the same room as one, let alone a gun.

Im confused as to how all those details have to do with the response. But Im catching on. You dont either. GL in life. More and more everyday I realize why I stay armed. Is the 110 pounder legal age and hot?

Why? ....exactly.

Over and out

Hrm I see it now.....

Im confused as to how all those details have to do with the response. But Im catching on. You dont either. GL in life. More and more everyday I realize why I stay armed. Is the 110 pounder legal age and hot?

I was sure I was on target, but with your response, I am getting confused on how you are confused. This is the point where I stop trying to sort that part out and grab a beer. GL to you too brother. I also realize more and more why I stay armed. Too many whack jobs out there.

She is 21, and mildly attractive. I would say like a 6-6.5 out of 10. Beer goggles on, she's an 8..

You should probably just put those two beers up. You went from asking about the legalities of conceal carry of an automatic weapon to physical descriptions of your friends asking about conceal carry of an automatic weapon.....

Im not your brother, trust me.

You are probably correct. But then again, a lot of things I thought were illegal actually were legal. Case in point, my Thompson semiautos which I was told by most of the FFLs' in my area were on the banned list. The Thompson was not and I had to prove to one FFL that it was legal and then I bought two. I should point out that US corporations are permitted to own SMGs' and use them on their security teams. I don't know the details of this however. But even California, the dreaded anitgun state, allows this.

No, they can own pre-86 weapons. There is NO exemption in the NFA for a company, just for Government. Various deals of varying legality have been made in which a company "stores" 22 MGs for the sheriff, etc. IIRC, some people with Blackwater got criminally charged over that kind of a deal, as the ATF considers it a transfer.

CA has exemptions for companies involved in movies to own machine guns. CA has lots of rules that don't apply to the rich and/or well connected.

You should probably just put those two beers up. You went from asking about the legalities of conceal carry of an automatic weapon to physical descriptions of your friends asking about conceal carry of an automatic weapon.....

Im not your brother, trust me.

Yes I asked if it was legal. I never stated I wanted to carry one, which you supposed, and you gave your input on. I didn't want that, that's not what I asked. You also said I need to tell my friends not to carry an automatic, and that's where my description came in. They don't care about carrying a weapon. One of them was a small girl who was asking out of curiosity and would never be caught dead with a gun of any kind. I didn't need to tell them not to carry an automatic.

Chevyman097 reread my original post. If you can't answer it, don't comment. Don't try to start anything, which you are doing. I didn't join this forum to be harassed. I joined to get straight up answers to questions that I may have along the way of my gun ownership. And how the hell you gathered from my original post what you thought were my personal views on whether or not it is a smart idea to carry an automatic is beyond me.

Edited by socom688
  • Like 1

No, they can own pre-86 weapons. There is NO exemption in the NFA for a company, just for Government. Various deals of varying legality have been made in which a company "stores" 22 MGs for the sheriff, etc. IIRC, some people with Blackwater got criminally charged over that kind of a deal, as the ATF considers it a transfer.

CA has exemptions for companies involved in movies to own machine guns. CA has lots of rules that don't apply to the rich and/or well connected.

Do the companies that own them for movies have to do some sort of modification to them to only shoot blanks?

Edited by socom688

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I actually have a CCW and in, gasp, California. Not that it is a big deal. But the laws here require that the CCW firearm be a handgun-either a pistol or revolver. I am probably right in assuming it is a similar requirement in all the other states. Assuming your autoweapon is actually in a handgun configuration then you just MIGHT be good to go.

i've never looked into it, but several states don't restrict you to handguns, in my state i could ccw a transferable mg42 if i had a big enough coat, lol, not that any of that is a very good idea, especially since the smaller and more concealable machineguns are also much harder to control