Looking to get an arsenal ak47. This would be my first ak. I was wondering what your thoughts about the arsenal brand compared to other ak47 brands.

I've come across older post (last year) and seen some arsenal ak47 go for $500. How often does that happen. It would be nice if i can catch a good sale like that. Its extra nice since i live in cali i have to get a bullet button added to it.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

By the way i'm new to this forum.

Looking to get an arsenal ak47. This would be my first ak. I was wondering what your thoughts about the arsenal brand compared to other ak47 brands.

I've come across older post (last year) and seen some arsenal ak47 go for $500. How often does that happen. It would be nice if i can catch a good sale like that. Its extra nice since i live in cali i have to get a bullet button added to it.

Love Mine!! Worth Every Penny!!!!! SGL21-61

post-32211-0-80376200-1309716382_thumb.jpg

Edited by armory

I own an Arsenal SAM7 and love it. I purchased it when it was first released and paid approximately 535.00 for it. I noticed the other day one sold on an auction site for $1600.00

Good luck,

Yakdung

I own an Arsenal SAM7 and love it. I purchased it when it was first released and paid approximately 535.00 for it. I noticed the other day one sold on an auction site for $1600.00

Good luck,

Yakdung

$535 for a milled SAM7 was a steal!!!

Great pickup!

Someday I will have one...either that or a milled YUGO.....or both......someday......

Good luck,

Yakdung

Great pickup!

Someday I will have one...either that or a milled YUGO.....or both......someday......

That was around ten or eleven years ago when Arsenal first started cranking them out in Vegas. I only posted the purchase price to show where prices have taken us.

Be safe,

Yakdung

I guess that means prices of metal has gone way up. I was just curious. Like i said before i saw some older post on other forums about a year ago, that arsenals sgl21-61 was being sold for $500. Maybe they are marked up pretty high or just had a lot of them and needed to get rid of them.

Good luck,

Yakdung

Great pickup!

That was around ten or eleven years ago when Arsenal first started cranking them out in Vegas. I only posted the purchase price to show where prices have taken us.

Be safe,

Yakdung

I guess that means prices of metal has gone way up. I was just curious. Like i said before i saw some older post on other forums about a year ago, that arsenals sgl21-61 was being sold for $500. Maybe they are marked up pretty high or just had a lot of them and needed to get rid of them.

Good luck,

Yakdung

Great pickup!

Be safe,

Yakdung

I believe the model you indicated was a stamped receiver version. The SAM7 is a forged receiver version. If I found a forged version in the $500.00 range, I would buy it.

Yakdung

tvfreakarms, I believe you're talking about the Arsenal/K-VAR sale of fall '09. For a few months, SGL-21s were selling for ~$499, (black poly), or ~$505, (plum poly). I bought two for ~$505 apiece. It's all in the timing. :smoke:

That said, if I were you, I'd buy a SGL-21 from Atlantic Firearms for ~$789. Even at that price, they really are worth every penny.

tvfreakarms, I believe you're talking about the Arsenal/K-VAR sale of fall '09. For a few months, SGL-21s were selling for ~$499, (black poly), or ~$505, (plum poly). I bought two for ~$505 apiece. It's all in the timing. :smoke:

That said, if I were you, I'd buy a SGL-21 from Atlantic Firearms for ~$789. Even at that price, they really are worth every penny.

++1.........Yes they are!!!!

damn if i had know about that i would of bought one for sure. Yea it was kvar that was selling it for that cheap.

Back then that's when i got my first AR and i was not even thinking about a ak until recently.

You can't go wrong with an Arsenal. I'm impressed with how faithful they adhere to the original specs. It would be nice to see them start doing factory correct conversions on the Saiga-12's as well. :super:

Edited by macaholic

get a milled reciever if you can

Why should he? Stamped receiver AKs are much lighter. There is really no practical benefit to milled receivers.

Not true. AKs with milled receivers are reportedly more accurate shooters. WHAT could be more practical than that?

:rolleyes:

I have both types and the milled have the smoothest action and tightest tolerances. Lighter is cheaper to manufacturer and lighter for the average conscript to lug around on his back.

Yakdung

Why should he? Stamped receiver AKs are much lighter. There is really no practical benefit to milled receivers.

Not true. AKs with milled receivers are reportedly more accurate shooters. WHAT could be more practical than that?

Is the (anecdotal) slight increase in accuracy really worth almost 3 lbs of extra weight and much higher price tag?

I got to play with a 1952 milled AK47 in Afghanistan......Very nice weapon.....it was heavier but it was still in everyday military use almost 60 years after manufacture.......amazing!!

I rather not pay that extra money for a milled receiver. I already bought an expensive piston AR and I think a stamped ak receiver should be suffice. Plus i didn't know there was a weight difference of about 3pounds. That's a lot.

How much more is the milled ak accurate compared to a stamped receiver? For example out to 100 meters! Not to say i'm that good lol. Just more curious. Or milled rec, VS stamped rec VS a quality AR?

Thanks for the info.

. . . How much more is the milled ak accurate compared to a stamped receiver? For example out to 100 meters! Not to say i'm that good lol. Just more curious. . .

As yakdung mentioned, milled AK receivers reportedly have tighter tolerances and allegedly the whole harmonics and vibration thing as the bullet travels down the barrel, would come into play, thereby providing a slight increase in accuracy. Allegedly.

I'm no expert nor do I have first hand physical experience to back-up these reported claims. BUT, it's hard to deny the logic behind it all.

Nonetheless, as SpetsnazGRU conveyed, "is the slight increase in accuracy really worth almost 3 lbs of extra weight and the higher price tag?" I would reply, that's entirely up to the shooter's personal preferences. Would I pay a few hundred dollars more for a milled AK rifle? For me, no.

Were I a "collector" and planned not to shoot the AK. . . that would be a different matter entirely.

B)

Edited by Gary

there's only about 50 million AK variants out there by Arsenal. It's impressive that your first AK will be an ARSENAL! Most people get stuck with an 8 up Romanian kit built by CIA! The new Saiga Arsenal builds are excellent. I would go for the 5.45 ak-74 just for the fun of shooting corrosive out of a chrome barrel!

Here is my personal opinion on milled receivers. Take it with a grain of salt.

They are more expensive, they are considerably more heavy, they are harder to repair, they have tighter tolerances which reduces dependability in adverse conditions.

Are they superior? Yes, to a collector. IN the woods? hell no.

Post some photos of her when you get it!

• Like 1

I LOVE my arsenal milled bulgarian SLR-95. Sweetest shooting, smoothest cycling, best balanced AK ive ever laid hands on.

I use to see those being walked around gun shows. I would purchase one in a split second at the right price.

Yakdung

I dont think ther is any way it is 3 pounds difrent but I dont have both to compare

Say it's only ~1.8 lbs, (pulling that number out of my ass), that still makes a massive difference when you're not just carrying the rifle from your truck to the bench, but carrying the rifle on your back, (along with other gear), all day, much less for days on end, (a scenario that everyone should contemplate).

I LOVE my arsenal milled bulgarian SLR-95. Sweetest shooting, smoothest cycling, best balanced AK ive ever laid hands on.

I use to see those being walked around gun shows. I would purchase one in a split second at the right price.

Yakdung

I basically stole mine earlier this year. LGS had it on the shelf. My price was $450. lol