Im sure this has been brought up before, but just how hard are the Izzy PG's to get a hold of and where can they be obtained from if available?

also wouldnt mind having some real izzy 7.62x39 polymer mags as well. I have a few 545 izzy mags, but the 762's seem to be a lot harder to find.

thanX-

-RR

P.S. Anyone know if the 60rd "Casket" 5.45 mags are available here in the states anywhere?

Edited by RoughRider666

Real Izzy pistol grips are scarce right now. Ronin at the AKfiles forum (sorry gang) makes a decent copy but needs some stempling in the front and rear edge where he knocks off the mold flashing. If I get a chance I'll post a pic of the two side by side. The overall shape is pretty much identical. The texture is a bit off and the material he uses is heavier. I'm thinking the price was 30 something-expect to pay about double that for the real thing. Why MD never released a copy without the finger grips so far is beyond me but it's his gig.

• Like 1

Ronin's or MDArms are both pretty nice copies and count as one US part. Mike's has finger grooves but the finishing is a little better. The real Izzy grips are fairly pricey when you can find them.

The Izzy 100-series mags are available if you are patient, they run about $75 or so.

The "casket" mags you are referring to are the legendary double-stacks. One comes up every now and again but it'll cost $1K plus. A real collector's item. Mike has been working on a domestic copy for a while, I'd wait for his.

Edited by rob-cubed

there was a double stack 60 rounder on gunbroker that went off and disappeared. i cant seem to find it anywhere. it was starting at $999 and was up only one day. THere are maybe 12 of them in the country. I tried to find them when in eastern Europe, they want them as much as we do. If you do find one, I'm guessing you will have to pay the I MUST HAVE IT PRICE of a grand or more.

GOOD NEWS IS MD ARMS will be making new production ones very soon!

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?60587-New-Manufacture-AK-Quad-stack-mags-coming.

Edited by storm6490

I've got a couple of Izzy grips and they're my favorite PG's of any, AK or AR. They're worth every penny to me.

Regarding Ronin's grips, I have one of his replicas, and it's not true to the current Russian mold. I think his was molded from an older version of the PG because the ones that I have are bigger than my Ronin grip in terms of thickness and length.

• Like 1

I bought an authentic Izhmash pistol grip from another member here awhile back for $45. A little pricy for a pistol grip, but I think it's a cool piece, even thought I'm not huge into "everything has to be authentic Russian!". It fits my hand really well.

My recommendation is to buy a $12 MD Arms clone, and grind the finger grooves down flat. I had already asked around, and people who own them say that the grooves are indeed solid, so there's no worries of grinding them off and breaking through a hollow groove.

There are 2 styles of factory S-12 grips there is the smooth one that everyone has and there is the Tactical grip they make it has a storage compartment in the handle and the groves on the side match the factory S-12 8rd mags and the railed forgrip.

post-21226-0-31365400-1310005722_thumb.jpgpost-21226-0-98559900-1310007163_thumb.jpgpost-21226-0-23871900-1310007177_thumb.jpg

Edited by SCHULTZE

There are 2 styles of factory S-12 grips there is the smooth one that everyone has and there is the Tactical grip they make it has a storage compartment in the handle and the groves on the side match the factory S-12 8rd mags and the railed forgrip.

tactical grip.jpgsaiga grips.jpgsaiga 1.jpg

dayum, where to find that one?

post-21226-0-31365400-1310005722_thumb.jpgpost-21226-0-98559900-1310007163_thumb.jpgpost-21226-0-23871900-1310007177_thumb.jpg

dayum, where to find that one?

I happen to find it on Gunbroker.