Sight / scope options for .308

I want to run my .308 with scope and irons, Ive seen alot of different ways to do this and need to know witch would be the best? [side mount, dust cover mount, angled scope mount, gas tube rail, hk sights, ar style flip up sights, stock irons, and the list goes on]:blink:So many options and so many suppliers any input on set up and best products for the job would be greatly appreciated...

I rock mine with the UTG "L" Mount, it was like $25 and it works fantastic. It is a quick release so you can just slide it off when you want to just use irons and it is definitely repeats its zero. If you go this route I would go with a butt-stock that is longer than the Warsaw pact stock because you will need the eye relief even if you mount the scope far forward. I just got the K-Var NATO length stock for it and it works great. I have the Nikon Pro-staff 4-14 40mm with BDC, works very well. I usually get .8" groups at 100m.

I have a UTG side mount quick release also. I have a basic tactical scope attached, but I have a strip of Dynamat along the scope side where it won't hinder any attachments as well as cover some surfaces with Dynamat spray to reduce vibration and shock. The stuff seems pretty durable. Figured I had some left from my car audio project so what the hull?

Save your self some aggravation and get the 4x24 POSP sidemount (AK version) scope. It's a good rugged scope, seems to hold zero OK, lets you use irons, and doesn't cost a lot. I got one from Kalinka recently and am quite happy with it so far.

However, when I checked Kalinka this morning, I didn't find the 4x24 listed. There are plenty of other POSP choices at Kalinka; but they do cost more. Make sure you get the AK version of whatever you buy.

Edited by 555JM

dph beryl style rail with see thru rings. I never liked the side rail mounts

I've been looking for that setup for a while now. DPH doesn't seem to have the flip sights in stock anymore.

If you are ready to some metal work(grinding and shaping) I found almost any after market sight can be adapted to the beryl from DPH. I used a tech-sight made for a Marlin 60, works great.

May have to do other fitting as well at the tang/stock junction. Otherwise its unsuitable for a sight.

UTG side rail mount with an Eoteck 7.62x51 reflex site with the .308 hold over points. Very rugged scope and side rail mount. The top cover comes off OK without removing the scope. Be advised I did have to remove, shim and recenter the factory side rail mount. Way off high and to the left.

The factory iron sites are still stock. The top cover scope mounts loosen up over time and the scope will not stay centered. It loosens after being removed about 6 times for cleaning. Saiga 16.3" 308. I like the Eoteck because it is very fast and I can hit with it. HB of CJ (old coot)