I have been a loyal customer of Progressive Insurance since I first went in business. From day one, I have had a commercial policy with the highest limits and it is extremely expensive. They have given me great service when needed and paying on their site is a breeze. However, I am a firm believer that we vote with our dollars and I will not vote for obama. For me, all of the great service in the world is not worth the financial repercussions of another term for obama in out White House. I called my agent yesterday and put him on the hunt for a good policy with someone else. I also made him aware of the fact that Progressive supports obama and that is why I want to change providers. He completely understood and stated that he was unaware. Hopefully, it might shape his decision to recommend companies other than Progressive in the future.

If you have insurance with Progressive.... you are voting for obama.

• Like 2

I've had my homeowners and 3 vehicles with state farm since I bought my house a few years ago. My wife signed us up with an agent that her parents have been with for over 10 years. When I got a new car the quote seemed very high so I got a quote from GEICO. Ends up state farm was DOUBLE! I called my state farm agent, who is right down the street, and his secretary said he'd call me back the next day. 3 days later I call again, and the secretary appologized and said he'd call by 2:00 PM. 2 days later, still no call, I finally get a hold of him. He tells me that even though Geico is half the price I will not get the "personal service from a real agent" with Geico..... Needless to say I switched all cars and homeowners to Geico after that conversation.

Also I didn't know about Progressive. Do they give money to Obama's election fund or something?

An insurance company named "PROGRESSIVE" supports democrats!?!?

I still want to do dirty & unspeakable things to Flo though... :)

But on a side note, insurance is contract law, nothing more & nothing less.

One should never trust an insurance company, be it theirs, or someone else's.

Moreover, if an insurance company has national advertising campaigns, you're going to pay more. Period.

And they're not going to pay out any more than the cheap companies. Remember, insurance is contract law. They do not "care" about you.

They have legally binding contracts with you. Nothing more.

For my liability-only insurance on two vehicles, Geico gives me a much better price than the rest. They also crushed Progressive's price for my gf (she previously had progressive). So in my neck of the woods at least, if you've got a good driving record and are younger-middle aged, Geico seems to be lower priced than the competition.

Good enough for me.

i dont know about other folks but both progressive and geico are way more expensive than state farm for me. almost 500 - 1000$/ year more.

State Farm was notorious for not paying claims after Katrina struck. State Farm loves to take the payment though. Homeowners that were made whole had the ability to hire good legal council. Avoid State Farm like the plague. State Farm hires middle to low end lawyers to make policy holders miserable.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16774511/ns/business-us_business/t/state-farm-settles-hundreds-katrina-lawsuits/

Good luck,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung