Would you prefer 8 or 10 rnd mags?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could buy 8 or 10 round mags with ease for $40, which would you buy? The 10rnd mags would be about 1.5" longer.

Kevin

I'll buy 10 ten-rounders or eight rounders at that price. I'd prefer the ten-rounders but either will better than what I'm doing now which is waiting and wondering if my order will ever be filled or if it even exists and wondering if I double ordered because I was afraid they wouldn't fill my backorder when I ordered my flash-hider and three mags and then re-ordered the three mags. If I did double order at this point I'd be happy about it because I have no friggin clue what my deal is with rusmilitary or if I even have a deal because they don't acknowledge your order or answer their emails.

8 works for me I just want to stay out of DD land. Here is a suggestion, someone correct me if I'm wrong but the magazine will count as 3 US parts and at that point all that would be needed would be one more part. If you also sell that one part off the ATF list then once it's installed the person using the mag will be 100% clear of violating any regulations. So if a tapco hammer or some such part fits out of the box Saiga, charge a little more for the mag + part = compliant fire arm. I believe.

Kevin,

Are you asking on a "hypothetical" price range and mags, or do you know of someplace/someone who sells SAIGA12 mags for $40.

Im not a dealer or extremely rich guy, but I would be up for 1 8rd mag and 1-10 rounder.

Please let me know,

~Zach

These will be made black injection molded just like factory mags.

I will be selling them. The ball was set in motion today, I've already written a 5 digit check to get it started.

Kevin

In order to move the volume needed to make it worth while-

It will be the 10rnd mag only. And they will be $50ea. or $120/3.

Dealer orders welcome.

I think it's realistic to have the first done parts in hand in 12 weeks. All USA made parts.

Some guys on this board with high post counts will get free T&E units to prove the reliability.

Kevin

I will buy a number of whatever you make. If I had to pick, i'd definitley pick 10 round magazines.

Understand that when it comes to mags, the commitments here aren't hollow. These people are willing to spend cash on mags, myself being one of them.

I recently presold a number of USAS 12 magazines on 'good faith commitments'here on Saiga-12.com, and every single person who committed, 100%, followed through with immediate payment as soon as I told them that I was ready to receive.

I also shoot USPSA Three Gun, so I could be a T&E guy.

I know topmaul is another active Saiga 12 shooter, as well as a number of the VA crew.

Another good candidate would be Wakal, who shoots a lot of 3 Gun.

Edited by McUZI

I am a heart patient.

:angel::angel::angel::angel:

10 round mags at 3/120.?

My heart rate increases to 180

You make 'em, I'll but them in groups of three

I shall wait paitiently for the news of your success.

[let's face it when it comes to getting hi-cap mags for the Saiga, I'm a whore...]

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Me too, but to be perfectly honest, i'm not doing any cartwheels over this until I see the dies made.

We have had three guys get serious about making S12 magazines, all of which fizzled in bland fashion (without calling any names).

This cat says he cut a five digit check, so presuming he is dead serious and isn't bullshitting to gauge the market, this could be our best hope yet (other than Tony Rumore who says he might be working on some)

Edited by McUZI

This one went for $172.50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7172736356

Stop the madness!!! Why price gouge? Sell in volume at a fair price and everyones happy.

Kevin

PS- Just did some searching here and reading back on all the BS you guys have gone though.

#1 I'm not going to quit. Go ahead and send me the "DD ban" PM's if you want. You're wrong and I've got thicker skin than you.

#2 I've already been there done that in the firearms industry, including magazine extensions durring the ban years. BATF is not insane, they are not out to get us all. They are just doing their job, mostly inforcing current laws. The manufacture of a 10rnd mag is not going to effect anything for the Saiga.

Edited by Z1500
I do need a little education on the DD thing. Why would a 12ga be considered a DD?

I am going to answer this question.

In the mid 1990's, Handgun Control Inc made a direct petition to the ATF asking them to re-examine the status of a few shotguns- by name- under the provisions that allows ATF the authority to classify a gun as 'non sporting'.

These guns were:

The USAS-12

The Stryker 12

The Street Sweeper

At that time, Treasury Secretary Lloyd Bensten (Clinton Cronie and anti-gunner extraordinaire) issued a decree that these three firearms were 'non sporting' and by virtue of their bore diamater, Destructive Devices under the provisions of the 1968 Gun Control Act that control any firearm with a bore diamater greater than .50 (which a 12 gauge does indeed exceed).

An amnesty was issued, to which lawful owners of then Title One USAS-12, Street Sweeper or Stryker 12 shotguns could register them as 'Destructive Devices' under the provisions of the NFA.

This ruling was very, very specific.

It named three shotguns, and declared them to be DD's.

This decree wasn't like the now defunct 1994 ban that outlined a series of technical features as being verboten, but rather took three very specific shotgun models and reclassified them BY NAME.

Many stupid, low IQ delusional people are under the belief that any shotgun that has a 'drum magazine' or a magazine capacity of a certain number is immediately considered to be a DD by virtue of it's mechanical features.

These people should be rounded up, shot, and buried in salton earth as they are useless naysaying douchebag fuckers who don't know word one of what they are talking about.

In short, the ATF at any time can declare any shotgun it wants as 'non sporting'. A Remington 870 with an extended magazine, A Benelli M1S90, a Mossberg 500 with a Knoxx Drum system, etc...

As things stand today, there is NO RESTRICTIONS on the kind of shotgun you can build so long as you aren't building a USAS12, a Street Sweeper or a Stryker 12.

There are also ZERO restrictions on the constuction of magazines OF ANY KIND, even if they are for the previously reclassified shotguns (I myself just sold a large number of USAS12 magazines, which are for a Destructive Device shotgun)

PLEASE BUILD YOUR MAGAZINES.

There is nothing to stop you from doing this.

Edited by McUZI

:super::super::super::super:

Glad to see someone who isn't a Chicken Little pussy still exists in this world.

Good god, i'm actually beginning to see a ray of hope for magazines.

Now i'm REALLY kicking myself in the ass for selling off those extra five S12's I bought when CDNN had them for $229 :ded:

Edited by McUZI

In a world of gutless ninnies Z1500 and McUZI have given me new hope for tomorrow. I know neither one of you is a HR manager that's for sure.

HR Managers :killer:

At $120/3, I'll take 12...and ditto on the waffles and BHO follower!!!

My opinion on the mags?

BOLT

HOLD

OPEN

FOLLOWER

PLEASE!

A|G

Just out of curiosity, how in the hell would you pull that off (a follower activated BHO)? I'm not the mechanical engineering genius that some people are, but I just don't see how that would easily work. I mean, the mag well is pretty far forward of the standard manual BHO, and barring some rather interesting (read: complicated) linkage that would need to be added to the gun, I just don't see it holding the bolt far enough back to make mag insertions any easier.

Now, if some genius/engineer comes out with something that drops into a standard mag and doesn't require rediculous amounts of modifications to the gun, I'll need atleast 4 made for the Saiga20 :smoke:

Welcome Kevin! This sounds like great news. My vote is for 10 rounders with ribbed sides like a normal AK mag. If the last round BHO becomes a reality then so be it. Untill then I suggest people learn how to use the BHO that came with the shotgun or buy one from Jeric. I would be happy to test your prototype as well as purchase at least one of the finished products if proven reliable, just let me know.