Accessories...Help!

Hello All,

Great site, lots of information! My husband loves guns and had his eye on a Saiga 12. He finally got one! I respect guns and my husbands love for them. I just try to keep up, reading up on stuff so that I try to understand what he is talking about!

I would like to buy him some accessories for Christmas, but have no idea what would be "cool" things to have. He does have a drum. Any suggestions? Any feedback is greatly appreciated =0)

Thank you & Merry Christmas,

The GunWifey

• Like 3

It would help to know what he has already.

Is he an AK purist, or does he want everything tactical-modular? That will effect what kit to get him.

It sounds like on the whole he has things pretty good already, so you can't go too far wrong. If you don't know the names, a picture of his current guns and accessories will help alot to show us his tastes. If you do know the names, awesome. Also, giving us a price range is worthwhile.

• Like 1

Hello All,

Great site, lots of information! My husband loves guns and had his eye on a Saiga 12. He finally got one! I respect guns and my husbands love for them. I just try to keep up, reading up on stuff so that I try to understand what he is talking about!

I would like to buy him some accessories for Christmas, but have no idea what would be "cool" things to have. He does have a drum. Any suggestions? Any feedback is greatly appreciated =0)

Thank you & Merry Christmas,

The GunWifey

You are a keeper. Hats off to you for supporting his interests and putting forth effort to understand. My wife loves to shoot and tries her best to accept my addicition to weapons, which most wives would probably find to be extreme. She calls them my "mistresses". I'm a happy man. Cake and eat it too.... and all that.

Let's reel it back a bit and get down to the basics first, so we can better assist.

What kind of shooting will he be doing? Hunting (large game, fowl, etc.), skeet/trap, and/or all out blasting?

Will the weapon be used for HD or is it just another fun toy in the safe? (a safe is a great accessory, if he doesn't have one wink.png )

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Thanks for the feedback! Since some you you guys asked here is a little more info...

He uses his guns for range/target shooting and hunting, but more range/target shooting. His two latest guns that need to get "pimped out" are...

Izhmash Saiga 12, 19" bbl (12 gauge)

CAI WASR-10, 16.25" bbl (7.62x39 mm)

He does already have a promag 20 round drum for the Saiga. Ideally I'd like to spend $100 or less, but I'm a little flexible in my budget!

BTW...I like to shoot too, but I dont know the lingo and all that fancy stuff. Just show me how to shoot it! happy.png

and if you onlyt have around 100 to spend dare i suggest the tapco intrafuse adjustable butt stock and pistol grip

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-84/TAPCO-SAIGA-T6-INTRAFUSE/Detail

you can get the "cool' flash suppressor and intrafuse pistal grip butt stock for $100 there (with the 5% discount for being a member here):

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1156/SONS-OF-GUNS-RED/Detail

its not the best way to put a pistol grip on the saiga but when he has more money to convert properly he can sell the tapco kit

then get something like this

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-267/TAPCO-SAIGA-TRI-dsh-RAIL-HANDGUARD/Detail

with a fore grip seen here

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/Categories

If i had to buy someone with those 2 weapons x-mas gifts, and had to stay within the 100.00 range....

a few things to keep in mind

1. gift cards are neato, but not near as much fun as real stuff on x-mas day

2. no one should GUESS how another man wants his gun.... so stay away from all stocks, grips and etc.....

3. Ammo while fun... is gone when its gone....

you need a gift that ANYONE would want, even if they don't know it yet themselves... something that wont step on his toes as he moves into the conversion phase... wont be something he feels obligated to use even though it may not be exactly what he had in mind...

off top of my head I'm gonna suggest

1. Tak-47 auto plug.... EVERY S-12 needs one, they run about 50 bucks, and dont step on anyones toes... its one of those win/win parts

2. with the left over 50.00.... Tromix extended chargeing handle X2 ( 22 bucks each ) one for the S-12, one for the WASR, they are good kit

thats my opinion.....

YMMV

I will have to agree with the guys who said Ammo and an autoplug. A lot of the other choices are too much a matter of personal preference. Get him as much 2 3/4" buck as you care to buy and a Tac47 Autoplug. He is certain to love both of those.

If i had to buy someone with those 2 weapons x-mas gifts, and had to stay within the 100.00 range....

a few things to keep in mind

1. gift cards are neato, but not near as much fun as real stuff on x-mas day

2. no one should GUESS how another man wants his gun.... so stay away from all stocks, grips and etc.....

3. Ammo while fun... is gone when its gone....

you need a gift that ANYONE would want, even if they don't know it yet themselves... something that wont step on his toes as he moves into the conversion phase... wont be something he feels obligated to use even though it may not be exactly what he had in mind...

off top of my head I'm gonna suggest

1. Tak-47 auto plug.... EVERY S-12 needs one, they run about 50 bucks, and dont step on anyones toes... its one of those win/win parts

2. with the left over 50.00.... Tromix extended chargeing handle X2 ( 22 bucks each ) one for the S-12, one for the WASR, they are good kit

thats my opinion.....

YMMV

+1 I'll second this idea

I also agree that an auto-plug (tac-47) would be good, but I think they might be out of stock most places. Buying someone furniture and whatnot for a gun is going into a personal area where his taste will dictate what he'd want on his gun.

I would strongly suggest Magazines; APG 10 rounders or a MD-Arms Drum would be hard to miss with, since we all could use more mags and the good options are limited.

A sheet thrower might be something to look into, something that throws them for you. Or you could get him some exploding targets

Thanks for all the help. I would have been lost without the help. I could have gotten a gift card very easily, but its a lot cooler opening an actual gift. I can imagine him on Christmas day sitting in the living room with our daughters all spread out on the floor...all of them with their new toys! I ordered eariler today and had a hard time finding some of the stuff you guys mentioned. I ended up going with the RJF Flash Hider/Door Breacher and an Intrafuse Tri-Rail. I ordered from CSS and used the forum 5% off 032.gif Im going to buy some ammo too from our gun shop. I think he'll be happy with that, especially coming from me wub.png

I might have to post a bit more...I was kind of a lurker before. Just reading topics that caught my eye. Gotta sound like I know what I'm talking about 029.gif

• Like 1

I bet he would like you to go shooting with him too.

Some girls that were interested in me wanted to go shooting to win my favor. I wasn't too interested in that because they didn't really want to shoot. They don't have to share all my interests to be interesting themselves.

However, others were actually interested in the shooting itself, and that made for fun times.

I'd say don't by any accessories that change the appearance of the gun unless you've heard him say what he wants to do with it. The Tac47 Autoplug is a good idea, and mags and ammo is a great idea as well. I wouldn't spend money on something like the tapco pistol grip/butt stock combo thing unless he plans on never converting it back to a real pistol grip gun. If you know he's going to convert than get him some of the basic stuff like the fire control group and a trigger guard (if you find one with a built in grip nut it makes the conversion a lot easier, but then again he may want to do more of it by hand. Does he like to use a Dremal? lol)

Mags, ammo, gift card is a go. Hold off on actual parts until you know what he wants to do with it. I'm a very, buy once buy right kinda guy, why waste money on something you're just gonna swap out later right? Points for bein so cool by the way

edited for tip*-Oh and CSS does offer a 5% discount since you're already a member

Edited by Goose

as cold.. and as boring.. and as impersonal as a gift card is.. he is a guy.. and guys are logical... give him a gift card to a saiga specific store like carolina shooter supply.. it tells him that you want him to have EXACTLY what he wants.. instead of having to pretend that you hit it on the head..