Nice test. Why would anyone want a saiga when you could have an AR that has A buffer system in the plastic stock. Just a good dent in the buffer tube will

will put an AR out of action, much less when a vehicle runs over the stock. But then they do make all of those neat gadgets to bolt on AR's. What happens to them when they are dropped?

Nice test. Why would anyone want a saiga when you could have an AR that has A buffer system in the plastic stock. Just a good dent in the buffer tube will

will put an AR out of action, much less when a vehicle runs over the stock. But then they do make all of those neat gadgets to bolt on AR's. What happens to them when they are dropped?

I used an m16a2 in the infantry and you could really beat the shit out of them. I ran mine over, dragged it in mud, froze it in snow, buried it in moon dust and it always worked. you had to maintain it after a day of shooting but it really didn't ever fail on me. one in 5 would wear into a dependable rifle with a little care and filing. the biggest problem with them is you would shoot shit and it would keep running at you. the 5.56 nato round is a dangerous piece of shit that costs us lives in every battle. It simply is way too pussy.

I have a UBR. Not surprising it held up so good. If you ever handle one, you can just feel the quality and durability in it. Of course, it's a $200 stock, so it better be able to withstand some abuse.

Cool video.

Ditto, I love my UBR.

Aaagh! My VLTOR Emod is at the bottom of the list horror.gif

Thats OK, like he said, I'm not planning on bashing in doors nor skulls with it, and it is a very comfortable cheekweld for me.

I'm more interested in results for the Magpul MOE & CTR stocks, though it seems encouraging that the new STR comes in 3rd in their tests.

I would like to see how the Romy wire folder on my S-308 would hold up?? HA!!!

Man, it makes me realize, I would Never toss down, or throw my AR into the back of a truck, but with my Saiga x39 or 308 I can, I think I could smash in doors or skulls all day!

( you can fit more pee in a skull if you bash it open first!).....did I just say that??? whoops.

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I'm glad we don't have to worry about retractable stocks and buffers with the Saigas. Anyone who does own a retractable stock won't have to worry about the buffer getting damaged because there isn't any. It's nice to see the tests and it was a smart idea to simulate the rifle with a steel pipe of the same weight. Rifles are too expensive to drop test.

I Have a cheapo retractable stock on my 10/22 that I modified six years ago BT (before Tapco). I had a threaded adapter made from aluminum bar stock then cut my stock and epoxied the adapter to the wooden stock and built it up with fiberglass. I then screwed on the retractable stock. The stock works but the plastic chipped off in one corner. I did this so my children could shoot it and adapt the stock as they grow. My stock has a drop while someone else made one with a straight line before me. This is probably why Tapco can be configured both ways. I also added a Yugo AK pistol grip from the parts box.