LGOutdoors BEWARE OF SHIPPING PRICES

I purchased a low profile gas block from them. The price of the gas block was $39.00, I never got a response on what shipping was and figured by it's size it could be shipped in a small box, but I figured "what the hell, I'll be a nice guy and send an extra $10.00 to cover shipping. I wanted to get the ball rolling on my project so I sent it quickly assuming that they would send it as soon as payment arrive. A month went by.........

I E-mailed a couple times and then gave them a ring, there reply was "oh yes sir we have it ready to ship, you just need to pay the rest for shipping".....Now I don't know about you guys but I've been able to send just about anything by USPS with there flat rate shipping for much less then $10.00, and those items were much, MUCH larger then a gas block. after asking what was owed on the balance he replied $9.36.....................$19.36 for shipping an item that can fit in the palm of my hand! WHAT THE?

Moral of the story, learn from YARPs mistake, call and get prices on shipping before putting in a bid on anything (and don't support those rat bastards over at LG Outdoors).

It's just how they ship, we pay 15 bucks to Fedex/UPS tiny crap here to work when it could be dropped in a mailbox in a bubble mailer for $3. Instead you get an 8x8" box with a bunch of paper and a lighter-sized part in it. There's a lot of waste lately in shipping to make it more convenient to shippers - think of the new flat-rate boxes, if you don't fill them up or have something decently heavy in em, you pay almost twice as much to ship stuff. But they give you the boxes free, and they're easy to pack. My guess is LG Outdoors doesn't give two shits cuz you're paying to ship, they just want the fastest way to pack it, ship it and move on to the next.

go4tze, the point was there had already been communication from me to them with no response. They held my money and had details to get in touch with me in 4 different ways.....

If your going to F people with high priced shipping (half the cost of the originally purchased product? that's Fing shady if you ask me) then be up front instead of waiting for a phone call from the buyer. They are primarily an internet based company, cheap shipping or at least reasonable shipping should be the goal of any E-retailer, it's just good business.

Edited by YARP
  • Like 1

I purchased a low profile gas block from them. The price of the gas block was $39.00, I never got a response on what shipping was and figured by it's size it could be shipped in a small box, but I figured "what the hell, I'll be a nice guy and send an extra $10.00 to cover shipping. I wanted to get the ball rolling on my project so I sent it quickly assuming that they would send it as soon as payment arrive. A month went by.........

I E-mailed a couple times and then gave them a ring, there reply was "oh yes sir we have it ready to ship, you just need to pay the rest for shipping".....Now I don't know about you guys but I've been able to send just about anything by USPS with there flat rate shipping for much less then $10.00, and those items were much, MUCH larger then a gas block. after asking what was owed on the balance he replied $9.36.....................$19.36 for shipping an item that can fit in the palm of my hand! WHAT THE?

Moral of the story, learn from YARPs mistake, call and get prices on shipping before putting in a bid on anything (and don't support those rat bastards over at LG Outdoors).

Perhaps they didn't notice the $10 you sent without being asked to.....call back and make sure they understand that you had already sent them an extra $10. I would cancle the order if nothing changed and I never pay for something without knowing what the total is....

I always consider S/H into anything bought online... I too have been screwed before on S/H.

Another HUGE thing to look at when shopping online is their 'Return/Exchange Policy'.

Caveat Emptor!

Thats why we used to do included shipping and are currently using $5 flat rate. I figure people want to know what they are paying, and hate getting hosed on shipping.

Shipping is expensive, but high shipping costs kill sales.

I rarely have an order that I can't get to the customer for less then $10. The most I have paid for a single order was 22 in shipping.... Lets just say I had a big smile packing that order (20 mags).

• Like 1

There catch is that they say to contact them for shipping, and then never return your E-mail. I usually check in to this stuff but I was in a rush to get the project completed (huge error on my part). Murphy always gets you when your in a rush.