Gotttta Shoot this Saiga 12 Gotta just Gottaa shoot it.

Back in Jan of 07 I threw in the towel and let my wife take me to doctor for issues I had. Tuns out it was cancer. OK did the radition thing and chemo treatement (never lost one hair). Went through the surgery, and was expecting to wake with a plastic bag hanging from the side. My doctor did everything he could and all the parts work more or less like there are meant too. Took about 3 - 4 weeks to get fully recovered and back to my hobbies. Next thing I had to see a orpedic surgeon because plates and screws in the neck (result of big truck not stopping) and this doctor was going to remove and reatach so they would work. Last thing I heard was one of the doctors saying "It looked worse than it does now" didn't know it but I was having a heart attact on the tabel. Now had to go anoher 5-6 weeks of nothing more strenious than picking up my coffee cup. Between the cancer and heart problems I have gone fro 165-160 to a whopping 108 lbs and can not put it back on. But I was still able to go and shoot anytime I wanted except when it rains, I don't like getting wet. Now I have just about compelted a decent collection and was looking forward to wasting a lot of ammo with my 11yr old grandson, shooting everything from Ruger 10/22, Henry 22LR Lever, Hi-Point carbine 9mm, 7.62x39 SKS, .270 bolt action Mossberg 100 ATR, the AK47 with the slide fire stock on it, Draco 7.62x39 but we load it with blanks with the adapter. You can dump two 40 rd mags and the grin stays there until you go home. One rifle that the Grandson wants to shoot the most is my M1Garand, which is the Korean War Commenative model out of a total of 2500 made this one is number 1584. And I have already told the grandson that on his 21st birthday it is his, So I went out last week and bought a second Garand that was a remake in the Springfield Armory in ILL. Wound up with just over 616 rounds so we should have alot of fun IF , AND THIS IS A BIG IF, I can recoperate very fast. Doctor and wife cornered me today and it looks like I will have another surgery on the back close to the end of Feb followed by rehab and limiting everthing. The recovering time is being mentioned of being over 3 months that I can't do anything. Someone want to come down and help load, carry and clean guns for a weekend. I will provide ice tea and one power chair to run back up to the main house. I would love to do the shooting myself but don't see a lot of that coming up soon

My sympathies for your trials and tribulations. I'm impressed that you stay determined to do the things you enjoy doing. If possible, I would give you 50 lbs of my weight, as I don't need it anyway. I'm too far away (Iowa) to take you up on your offer but am willing to bet someone in your area will take you up on it. Good luck on your aspirations and recovery.

Tim

Good luck to you, you sound like a very strong hearted person. I was hurt on active duty and just had an operation on my neck, 4 plates and 16 screws. My heart and prayers go out to you. I wish I were closer, I would be honored to give you a hand. I reciently retired from the Navy after 25 years of active duty and have had my share of hospital stays. You sound like you have a VERY positive attitude and that is 9/10th of getting better. Hang in there and you will be shooting with your Grandson sooner than you think. "May you always have fair winds and following seas"

Steve

• Like 1

Shit man, If I were in your shoes I would go crazy stuck in the house and all. When its raining here for weeks on end, and I cant get out of the house I fear someday I may turn the house into a indoor shooting range. Good thing there is a steady supply of beer to slow down my motivation those days! What I wouldnt do for an old Garand. Your grandson is very lucky he has a grampa like you!

I wish I was a little closer to your town than Oregon. I dont mind just sitting back and cleaning the firearms, or reloading a few hundred rounds for the next trip to the woods. Im shure someone closer will step in and help you out, no worrys there.

Do you reload? You could set up a small station and do some of that while your down. Hell, in a few weeks you could supply an army with ammunition!

Thanks guy and I really mean it. Guess I posted this while I was in a down and out mood, cause I generaly don't complain execpt to my dog. XACEX back 20 yrs or more I did reload everything, and that is a good idea. Give me something to do, make me quit smoking (well at least in that room) and who know I might discover the best load ever for every caliber around. (hey it could happen) TAPEWORM3 I am way out in the sticks N.W. of Birmingham, I met my wife there in Gulfport, and have step daughter and grand kids there now. Weather here for last few days has been lousy to partly cloudy and back to lousy again. I am hoping that tomorrow it will clear up enough go waste few shells. USNCDR I served from 1966 to 1975, I had corssed anchors under my eagle so that will let you know my outlook and disposition. Was going to finish out a 20-25 yr carer but wife and I had problems and another West Pack cruise was not what she wanted. Again to each and all thanks

• Like 1

Thanks guy and I really mean it. Guess I posted this while I was in a down and out mood, cause I generaly don't complain execpt to my dog. XACEX back 20 yrs or more I did reload everything, and that is a good idea. Give me something to do, make me quit smoking (well at least in that room) and who know I might discover the best load ever for every caliber around. (hey it could happen) TAPEWORM3 I am way out in the sticks N.W. of Birmingham, I met my wife there in Gulfport, and have step daughter and grand kids there now. Weather here for last few days has been lousy to partly cloudy and back to lousy again. I am hoping that tomorrow it will clear up enough go waste few shells. USNCDR I served from 1966 to 1975, I had corssed anchors under my eagle so that will let you know my outlook and disposition. Was going to finish out a 20-25 yr carer but wife and I had problems and another West Pack cruise was not what she wanted. Again to each and all thanks

Now that I know you will understand, I too was a Chief before getting commissioned (LDO), all my best shipmate.

Steve

• Like 1

No worries. Sounds like you've been through a lot so unloading a bit may help. Hey, at least you're not like me. You should see the hissy fit I throw over low consequence events like burning my toast (I HATE that) or buttoning my shirt into the wrong holes (I HATE that). Sorry I couldn't help but it looks like you've got a prospect or two. Hope all goes well.

Wish I were closer! I am always ready nto shoot with good people. It has become a royal pain in the ass to shoot around here.

I hit up the PG trap and skeet club when I was up there, I can't imagine how tough it is to shoot 'non-sporting' rifles.

Sorry to hear about your cancer

I know what you must have and are going through.

We just found out last week that the wife has ovarian cancer and they are sending her to the Leihigh cancer center for women.

Wish I could help you out with the shooting but I'm way up north in Pa. Sorry.

I sure hope you kick the snot out of the cancer and get your heart fixed up.

Well today was a sunny dry day and hopefuly tomorrow will be the same. Wife being the wonderful woman she is bought a three wheeled Gun Buggy for me. You can load up tons of ammo and other items along with place for two long guns that can be secured and you still have room for a couple others sitting in the center. The size of tires/wheels makes it very easy to move so the issue of carrying my junk has now been addressed, just got to get my grandson lined up to go and blaze away. Again to everyone thanks for the support and good words, I would like to apolize to everyone that I used this board to "whine and wimper" that is not my style or nature. Guess I had a weak moment.

• Like 1

On top of the other items she got for me was a shooting table, and lots of other stuff. Breaking out my little red flyer wagon to carry everything If everything works out like I am hoing,, Tomorrow we should have 22 cal, 20ga, 7,62x39, 5.556, 7.65x54, 9mm ..270, 30-06, and maybe a few black power 1847 Walkers with a few other smokepoles. Will take a week to clean everyghint

Edited by WALKERS210