Tromix "Mini-Monster" Brake

Who criticized anything? I said they look awesome. Lonestar's builds all look great to me, except for his signature drilled handguards. I would love one. Sensitive?

post-17871-0-19050900-1335084852.jpg

While I may not think a deflector is necessary, it does address the Romad7's concerns. He could get the brake, and decide later whether he needed a deflector, so the decision to get the brake is no biggie.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks good. The full length one is a tad extreme for my tastes. I like the looks of this shortened version.

I was just looking up compensator options and ran across this on CSS. Has anyone tried it yet? I tried googling/ youtubing it and came up short on reviews...According to CSS it is 3 1/4" (compared to

We should have them back in stock in 3-4 weeks. If you email sales@carolinashooterssupply.com I will notify you as soon as they come in.

Posted Images

Nah, you said that S-12s with a Monster Brake looked good because of that muzzle device, not in spite of it. That's a pretty direct implication that there's something wrong with the rest of the build. That's what I was intersted in hearing you elaborate on. ;)

Anyway, it sounds like the only thing you don't really like about LSA guns is the customized handguard. That's one of the things I like most about LSA guns, considering how much lighter they are than almost any alternative.

why not affix a wing behind it to deflect the powder, like you see on some of the midbarrel compensators?

Also those guns look awesome because of the massive comp, not in spite of it.

I thought about the wing or somthing like it but it would have to stick out too much for my taste in order to be effective. A shroud might work but then I would be covering the sexiness of the Tromix design that I like so much. My project is moving towards a stock-less design anyway so that will put me more behind the gun and the blast won't be as much of a factor.

Sounds cool. I doubt you'll lose too much hand hair. ^_^

The "backblast" really isn't a big deal at all, especially if you wear some kind of glasses/goggles when you shoot, which you should. The reduction in recoil makes it more than worth tolerating, and it's really just hot air, not a lot of carbon or other particles. Don't worry about it. ;)

Thanks, I'll be welding it on so it's good to know that's it's worth it.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old post, but if I'm running my S12 in 3 gun, would I want to cut down the barrel if I went with a full monster, would I leave it full length and do a mini instead? Looking for whatever would do better for 3 gun. As far as I can tell the full monster with un-cut barrel would be best, but I might be wrong.

Are you talking about cutting the barrel and adding the Monster Brake to equal 18" or just adding it to an 18" barrel?

Also, if you are talking about recoil reduction. You'll get more benefit from the full Monster but with additional weight. As far as barrel length, the closer to the action that you put the the more you'll benefit from the higher pressure gases. This is why the serious competitors go with the mid barrel brake and why I put my full Monster brake in the mid barrel position.

+1

Also consider the advantages of a choke tube for effectively knocking plates. You will end up wanting a brake and a choke.

Back when Tromix did competition guns they did a couple with monster brakes permed on at ~18" total, and internal winchokes with a long choke wrench to reach in.

This pretty much requires reaming the threads out of the monster and soldering it to the barrel stump to leave enough meat for internal choke threads.

Obviously you want a SOT2 to be the guy who has the gun while the barrel is short and is in the process of getting the brake on. The monster was only really intended to be used on a shortened barrel.

Wasnt sure if I wanted to cut it or leave it longer for further accuracy. I guess the question comes down to what do I do with the barrel. I'm not a huge fan of cutting it right now. There's a mag ban that has a high chance of passing in colorado that will affect shotguns. So if I cut it wrong or someone else cuts it wrong, or I want to change it later, because it can take a mag over 8 rounds this gun will be illegal and I wont be able to send it off for repairs, and possibly have problems with replacement parts.

So, that being said, its already threaded so if just adding a monster or mini-monster will help, I'm game. Or if the choke will help more i'll go that route. Shotguns are a new platform for me so if you can do both, even better.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Odd Man Out" data-cid="871837" data-time="1362432737"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="romad7" data-cid="871309" data-time="1362312521"><p> I put my full Monster brake in the mid barrel position.</p></blockquote>

<br />

<span style='font-size: 18px;'>Pictures??? would be fascinating to see that = barrel, monster brake, barrel...</span></p></blockquote>

Follow my sig for the WTS ad and the link for the build is in there.

• 1 month later...

I have the tromix monster break on mine and its a big difference in recoil.. (definitely wear earplugs, it will cause you to go deaf and if your shooting some nasty stuff eye protection is great to. Shooting dirty stuff is like shooting a damn flintlock haha) worth the money though