Got tax money and a few ideas, buuuuuut...

Entertainment time, gents and maybe-the-occasional-lady!

I have a cap of about $700 and two un-converted Saiga 12s(although one has an aftermarket foregrip(CSS poly tri-rail, Gen 1). The problem---and it is a GOOD problem to have---is that I have a few ideas on what to do with them, but have ended at either outright standard conversions, to only converting one, while giving the other a bit more of a budget build(TAPCO Intrafuse, etc).

What do you guys think?

In all reality, I'd go basic on both and see what you have left, you might be surprised at how much it will end up costing you... From someone who has BTDT, I'd stay away from the Tapco unless you were going to replace the plastic rails with metal ones, mine broke with a light-weight light in a polymer mount on them...

Convert one with a lot of good stuff, buy some mags and ammo. Then save the second one for spare parts if you plan on shooting a lot.

That was my first thought, convert one, save second for spare.

Then buy mags/ammo or maybe a cheap handgun.

evl.... what forearm is that in the first pic?

Edited by Spartacus

Convert them both, but put most of the money into one of them. Try to end up with two distinct flavors for variety's sake. For me that was quasi competition gun / classic quasi AK 74. Otherwise you will only use one and the other will be a boring safe queen.

At least one should have a good choke.

Don't buy any parts you don't want to end up with. If you are going with a folder, don't get a crummy one. Ditto for rails. All the fancy gizmos are extra if you don't have enough magazines. After all the main feature of a S-12 is rapid change high capacity versatility. May as well get a drum and a few sticks up front and get a price break from MAA.

• Like 2