Started getting FTE with Autoplug

Well, who am I? Nobody. Surely, Cadiz Gun Works knows what they are doing and the OP is welcome to use either of his S12s, including the one that Cadiz made reliable.

I agree that mixing low brass and high brass is a great idea as well.

• Like 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a "money where my mouth is" type of guy. Are you still in FL? If so, I would like to challenge you to a gentlemanly wager. I'll bet three of my non-NFA S12s against your S12 with the V-plug that a

Very good. So, what do you think about that Autoplug now?     BTW I told ya that thing needed work   Welcome to the "HELL YES IT RUNS" Club!!!!

And common sense says you have two different individuals that present a glass half full/half empty situation.   On one hand you have a person who is willing to send there S12 to them and have them f

Well, who am I? Nobody. Surely, Cadiz Gun Works knows what they are doing and the OP is welcome to use either of his S12s, including the one that Cadiz made reliable.

OK.... enjoy your V-Plug and your Autoplug ;)

Evl!

I'm 3 hours from jville, I can judge smile.png

Step 1. Get the gun to work

Step 2. Install autoplug

Step 3. Set the plug

Step 4. Enjoy. RAISE HELL!!!!

Its not rocket science. Its a 1940's designed open system.

Fixed it for ya ;)

No, we need a witness.... and a tarp to make it easier to clean up all of the hulls I'll be slinging.

My Saigas run fine. Never had a problem once the warranty work was done. But the Autoplug can fail. It's more complicated than the v plug. It's logic and common sense. You rely on something that is less likely to fail. Again, don't bother arguing with me, you're arguing against common sense and logic.

Thats your logic and common sense.

Why did you have have warranty work done on your Saiga? Didn't you have the common sense to fix it yourself? Taking advice from someone who has to send their S12 in for warranty work isn't logical.

Common sense says you send it to Cadiz where they have the proper tools and knowledge and will fix it for free. Saying it isn't logical to send a product in for warranty work is beyond retarded. Well beyond it. Wow....buddy....just...lol...wow

Why don't you go out and spend $600 on a computer and try and fix it yourself if it doesn't work out of the box.....LOL.....give me a break...haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

Edited by Boomstick12

I'm a "money where my mouth is" type of guy. Are you still in FL? If so, I would like to challenge you to a gentlemanly wager. I'll bet three of my non-NFA S12s against your S12 with the V-plug that any of mine (your choice after inspection) will fire more rounds with no FTE than yours will while using MD-20s and any bulk ammo of your choosing. Yes, I will PROUDLY and CONFIDENTLY run an Autoplug. No argument here.... bring the factory mag, the box, the barrel nut wrench, a copy of your state issued DL, and a bill of sale....

I'll even buy the ammo and bring plenty of drums. I have a few....

Too bad I wasn't still in FL, I'd like to take your guns. Again, logic. Autoplug is more complicated, more parts. The Vplug is one part.

Statistically, if you shot round after round until failure, the Autoplug would be the first to fail. Again, I'm wondering why this has to be explained. More parts, more complicated, more likely to fail. Why does this have to be explained? It's like that with viturally everything. More parts = more chance to fail.

My gun was work done by Cadiz. I could blast through the cheap stuff WITHOUT the Vplug with ZERO problems when I got it back from them, I just bought the vplug for the hell of it.

OK.... enjoy your V-Plug and your Autoplug wink.png

Are you talking to yourself?

Edited by Boomstick12

Boom, the V-plug will probably fail first and I'll tell you why. EVL is going to load a mag full of hot rounds which will open the diaphragm on the autoplug and blow the crud out of the gas block. You'll have a pretty good sized shit-biscuit in the gas block and when you go to adjust it, you'll smear the shit biscuit over your ports effectively blocking them off...

Now I'm not trying to tell you that you are wrong because you have a point, the more parts you have the more prone to failure you are. This is the basic idea behind the AK platform... I agree with you and that's the advantage of the V-plug. Both plugs have advantages and disadvantages though...

• Like 1

My Saigas run fine. Never had a problem once the warranty work was done. But the Autoplug can fail. It's more complicated than the v plug. It's logic and common sense. You rely on something that is less likely to fail. Again, don't bother arguing with me, you're arguing against common sense and logic.

Why did you have have warranty work done on your Saiga? Didn't you have the common sense to fix it yourself? Taking advice from someone who has to send their S12 in for warranty work isn't logical.

Common sense says you send it to Cadiz where they have the proper tools and knowledge and will fix it for free. Saying it isn't logical to send a product in for warranty work is beyond retarded. Well beyond it. Wow....buddy....just...lol...wow

Why don't you go out and spend $600 on a computer and try and fix it yourself if it doesn't work out of the box.....LOL.....give me a break...haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

Fixing a Saiga12 is simple if you read the stickies. Proper tools to fix a non functioning saiga12...drill, bits, punch, hammer,screwdrivers, and a dremmel. If you don't already have these tools.......you shouldn't have tried to restore one yourself in the first place.

Dealing with a non working new computer is simple. Take it to the customer service counter where you bought if from and exchange it. No shipping needed, and your back home setting it up the same day.

By the time you contact the warranty dept, ship it, and wait for return shipping, you could have fixed the Saiga12 problem yourself.

If you don't have the mechanical aptitude to do it .......then you don't have the expertise to judge what gas plug works best.

• Like 1

BTW........you should be able to blast low brass bulk ammo with the factory plug after your done converting it.

If you had someone to help you or done the work yourself, you would have a better understanding of what makes your gun work. I'll admit I hesitated doing my first Saiga12 gas block and profiling mods, but I'm damn glad that I did the work myself.

• Like 1

And common sense says you have two different individuals that present a glass half full/half empty situation.

On one hand you have a person who is willing to send there S12 to them and have them fix it for free.

On the other hand, you have a person like evlblkwpns who likely doesn't have to send his shotgun to a soul to have it fixed for free. He may have the tools, knowledge and resources to make his shotgun run like nobody's business (And I've seen his vids, I can vouch for the fact that he knows the platform inside and out.)

How do I personally look at it? I look at it as, "Why do I need to send it to some one when the information is out there to do it myself?"

Now mine was a Vodka special. It was a crash coarse for me on the S12. 2 out of 3 ports were covered and the contact points were NOT shaped right, it also would jam shells into the right side feed lip. So I assimilated the informaton, exposed the ports, ground here, ground there, polished the high hell out of a lot of shit and tested the shotgun a few times as I went along.

The results? With an auto plug, short of 3 inch shells according to the manufacturers warning not to use them with an autoplug, it will shoot. As for the 3 inch, the factory plug will work just fine. :)

Now, I will never tell anyone not to buy a V-plug, they are good, but the autoplug is my first option, mainly because of the bonuses it provides and will adjust to the right pressure levels on the fly. And self adjusting gas devices are nothing new. LWRC has one in their gas blocks I'm told in their rifles and those are some fine rifles even if they are certainly not economical for the masses to purchase.

• Like 2

I'm a "money where my mouth is" type of guy. Are you still in FL? If so, I would like to challenge you to a gentlemanly wager. I'll bet three of my non-NFA S12s against your S12 with the V-plug that any of mine (your choice after inspection) will fire more rounds with no FTE than yours will while using MD-20s and any bulk ammo of your choosing. Yes, I will PROUDLY and CONFIDENTLY run an Autoplug. No argument here.... bring the factory mag, the box, the barrel nut wrench, a copy of your state issued DL, and a bill of sale....

Too bad I wasn't still in FL, I'd like to take your guns. Again, logic. Autoplug is more complicated, more parts. The Vplug is one part.

Statistically, if you shot round after round until failure, the Autoplug would be the first to fail. Again, I'm wondering why this has to be explained. More parts, more complicated, more likely to fail. Why does this have to be explained? It's like that with viturally everything. More parts = more chance to fail.

My gun was work done by Cadiz. I could blast through the cheap stuff WITHOUT the Vplug with ZERO problems when I got it back from them, I just bought the vplug for the hell of it.

So, according to your logic of "more moving parts= more chance to fail".... a brand new Ford Model T would be more reliable than a brand new F-150? I'm just trying to understand. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I may not have the wherewithal to comprehend such simple concepts. Please bear with me. I want to learn.

Does the V-Plug aid in ejection? How about that Gunfixer plug? It probably fixes something, right? Why didn't you just get a Gunfixer plug instead of sending to CGW? You could have fixed it yourself then. I'm not seeing what is a big deal about having a reliable S12 while using the factory regulator. Wide open is wide open.... is it not? wide open must not be wide open then. I think you may know a lot more about these weapons than I do and I am always willing to learn about things which I am interested in, but completely clueless about. Help me out here.

Buy a plane ticket. You would be making a good profit on the first one that you are definitely going to take and the other two would be pure profit. They look great and run OK, but could probably use a little of that CGW reliability mojo. Your gun was made reliable my a long time pro. I wasn't smart enough to send any of mine in. Maybe I should have. I held a S12 for the first time ever in January 2010 and I'm still kind of a newb. You can't lose.

• Like 1

So, according to your logic of "more moving parts= more chance to fail".... a brand new Ford Model T would be more reliable than a brand new F-150? I'm just trying to understand. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I may not have the wherewithal to comprehend such simple concepts. Please bear with me. I want to learn.

Does the V-Plug aid in ejection? How about that Gunfixer plug? It probably fixes something, right? Why didn't you just get a Gunfixer plug instead of sending to CGW? You could have fixed it yourself then. I'm not seeing what is a big deal about having a reliable S12 while using the factory regulator. Wide open is wide open.... is it not? wide open must not be wide open then. I think you may know a lot more about these weapons than I do and I am always willing to learn about things which I am interested in, but completely clueless about. Help me out here.

Buy a plane ticket. You would be making a good profit on the first one that you are definitely going to take and the other two would be pure profit. They look great and run OK, but could probably use a little of that CGW reliability mojo. Your gun was made reliable my a long time pro. I wasn't smart enough to send any of mine in. Maybe I should have. I held a S12 for the first time ever in January 2010 and I'm still kind of a newb. You can't lose.

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifmoney.gifmoney.gifhaha.gif
  • Like 1

And common sense says you have two different individuals that present a glass half full/half empty situation.

On one hand you have a person who is willing to send there S12 to them and have them fix it for free.

On the other hand, you have a person like evlblkwpns who likely doesn't have to send his shotgun to a soul to have it fixed for free. He may have the tools, knowledge and resources to make his shotgun run like nobody's business (And I've seen his vids, I can vouch for the fact that he knows the platform inside and out.)

How do I personally look at it? I look at it as, "Why do I need to send it to some one when the information is out there to do it myself?"

Now mine was a Vodka special. It was a crash coarse for me on the S12. 2 out of 3 ports were covered and the contact points were NOT shaped right, it also would jam shells into the right side feed lip. So I assimilated the informaton, exposed the ports, ground here, ground there, polished the high hell out of a lot of shit and tested the shotgun a few times as I went along.

The results? With an auto plug, short of 3 inch shells according to the manufacturers warning not to use them with an autoplug, it will shoot. As for the 3 inch, the factory plug will work just fine. smile.png

Now, I will never tell anyone not to buy a V-plug, they are good, but the autoplug is my first option, mainly because of the bonuses it provides and will adjust to the right pressure levels on the fly. And self adjusting gas devices are nothing new. LWRC has one in their gas blocks I'm told in their rifles and those are some fine rifles even if they are certainly not economical for the masses to purchase.

Your confidence in me is unfounded. Those aren't my videos. I tried to get that guy to let me buy his youtube username, but he wasn't having it. That dude is a hellraiser with all of those drums. It must be nice. I only wish my stuff ran like his. He probably sent his to CGW. Isn't he a member here too? I should ask him if he really did all of that work by himself. I'll bet he didn't. Only pros can make them run like that.

Maybe I'll take a look at the members list and see if he is here as evlblkwpnz2 or something similar. All I know is he is not getting my username here. He snaked me at youtube, but it isn't happening here.

Boom, the V-plug will probably fail first and I'll tell you why. EVL is going to load a mag full of hot rounds which will open the diaphragm on the autoplug and blow the crud out of the gas block. You'll have a pretty good sized shit-biscuit in the gas block and when you go to adjust it, you'll smear the shit biscuit over your ports effectively blocking them off...

Now I'm not trying to tell you that you are wrong because you have a point, the more parts you have the more prone to failure you are. This is the basic idea behind the AK platform... I agree with you and that's the advantage of the V-plug. Both plugs have advantages and disadvantages though...

How will he even be able to turn the V-Plug to smear the shitbiscuit? He could use a tool. That's it! Ok, I get it. Sorry for the dumb question.

It says warn status under my location everytime I post. I just found out that no one else can see except for me because it disappears from my status when I log out. I guess someone's feelings got hurt on my first post to report me.

Edited by ultra7350

smile.png Wow (bitch fight) nonono.gif ... and I get warn status on something simple on my very first post on here. U should upgrade my warn status to "Badass status" after this post haha.gif

Everybody has a warn status box under their name. Is it filled any. If not......your not as bad as you thought. wet_eyes.gif Edited by Jetmech

hey evl, im 14 hours and 41 minutes away, if you come pick me up ill pass out drunk while you guys shoot

I'll send a limo.... and make sure the driver avoids dry counties wink.png

ETA: Uh Oh! I'm on warn staus too!!!! horror.gif

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Fixing a Saiga12 is simple if you read the stickies. Proper tools to fix a non functioning saiga12...drill, bits, punch, hammer,screwdrivers, and a dremmel. If you don't already have these tools.......you shouldn't have tried to restore one yourself in the first place.

Dealing with a non working new computer is simple. Take it to the customer service counter where you bought if from and exchange it. No shipping needed, and your back home setting it up the same day.

By the time you contact the warranty dept, ship it, and wait for return shipping, you could have fixed the Saiga12 problem yourself.

If you don't have the mechanical aptitude to do it .......then you don't have the expertise to judge what gas plug works best.

I could have fixed it myself, at the time I didn't have the tools or the place to really do it. As far as the wait period....I didn't have the gun for the first 31 years of my life, a couple of weeks longer to get it fixed for free didn't really bother me.

• Like 1

It's not my logic that more parts = more likely to fail, it's simply plain old logic. And I'm not even going to bother getting into it with you if you're going to say dumb stuff like your Ford comparison. Yeah...that's really comparing apples to apples, isn't it? You sure showed me.

The bottom line is this. My gun was made reliable by a pro. I don't know what you've done with the platform, even if you know a lot, I"m still going to go out on a limb and say Cadiz knows more.

And my Vplug gun has NEVER jammed since I got it back from Cadiz. Shit ammo, from any drum or stick, from shoulder, hip, or any other firing position. Wait, I take that back. I had a surefire mag mess up once that caused some issues, but that wasn't due to the gas system. Oh, and I've NEVER had a problem adjusting or removing the Vplug. It's called putting a touch of never sieze on the threads.....

I'm sure you're the Saiga 12 God though, and your guns run better than anyone else's in the world, oh great one. I'm somewhat curious as to what mental "issues" you have that make you almost immediately jump to rabidly challenging strangers on the net who have stated something you don't agree with. Do you have short man syndrome or something? Can't have someone even look like they might be calling into question your knowledge, huh?

It's not my logic that more parts = more likely to fail, it's simply plain old logic. And I'm not even going to bother getting into it with you if you're going to say dumb stuff like your Ford comparison. Yeah...that's really comparing apples to apples, isn't it? You sure showed me.

The bottom line is this. My gun was made reliable by a pro. I don't know what you've done with the platform, even if you know a lot, I"m still going to go out on a limb and say Cadiz knows more.

And my Vplug gun has NEVER jammed since I got it back from Cadiz. Shit ammo, from any drum or stick, from shoulder, hip, or any other firing position. Wait, I take that back. I had a surefire mag mess up once that caused some issues, but that wasn't due to the gas system. Oh, and I've NEVER had a problem adjusting or removing the Vplug. It's called putting a touch of never sieze on the threads.....

I'm sure you're the Saiga 12 God though, and your guns run better than anyone else's in the world, oh great one. I'm somewhat curious as to what mental "issues" you have that make you almost immediately jump to rabidly challenging strangers on the net who have stated something you don't agree with. Do you have short man syndrome or something? Can't have someone even look like they might be calling into question your knowledge, huh?

My point is that a reliable Saiga 12 will be reliable with the Autoplug. The weapon will fail from fouling in the gas block before it has a failure directly related to the Autoplug, provided the weapon ran reliably to begin with and the user actually understands the Autoplug and how to tune it. I have tested the Autoplug under conditions that most Saiga 12s will never see. My comments are actually based on firing the weapon for hundreds of rounds in short order while using an Autoplug for gas regulation. Run the V-Plug if it makes you happy and makes you have more confidence in the weapon.

Never Seize is not a cure for sessions like I have. You will need a tool to adjust that V-Plug. If the V-Plug never jams, great. I've never seen one jam either.....

grimace.gif

Cadiz knows more than I, as he should. He has been doing it for a living for years, but do you think he is throwing every trick he knows at a gun coming in on warranty work? If you do, then you have a lot to learn about business. He is probably addressing some port blockage if it exists, enlarging ports, doing a reprofile on the carrier and hammer, and sending it back, if that. He doesn't get enough money off of a warranty service to condone spending a lot of time on it like he may on one of his conversions for a paying customer. He also only guarantees the warranty serviced S12s to run on Federal bulk as a minimum reliability baseline ammunition. Federal bulk is widely known as the strongest of the 3 most common 100 round bulk ammos available at Walmart. Simply put, I would put any of mine up against your warranty serviced S12. All of mine have been gone through throughly from front to back.... no stone is unturned. If yours runs better, I am extremely happy for you because that thing must be absolutely unstoppable. To get that kind of reliability for free is a Godsend and you should be very thankful.

Please reel back your assumptions and personal insults. This is a technical forum, not GD. I could cut you deep on many levels here, but prefer to not have others view me as a complete dick. You may want to take on that mindset as well. Relax and have a nice day.

victory.gif

• 1 month later...