Okay okay im cooling down(pics coming)

OKay. I have obssesive complusive disorder. So when I do something it has to be perfect or near perfect...its just one of those things....if I know its not perfect it drives me crazy.

So when I found out that my measurments where a little off, or the pistol grip wasnt exactly where its supposed to be it drove me a little crazy. Heck I accidently knicked the finish inside of the receiver...that drove my crazy too.

I will post pictures of those pistol grip in few minutes.

Converting these guns from sporters to C configuration isn't an undertaking for the 'obsessive compulsive' types who just can't live with a scratch, ding or occasional engineering improvisation.

You WILL scratch it.

There WILL be lapses in the factory finish when you're all done.

There is just no way around this.

Sounds like you are better off selling what you have and saving up $600 or $700 more to buy a factory 12C, or doing the conversion yourslf and then sending it off to AZEX for a refinish.

Edited by McUZI

I can't tell from the photos. It looks like in the top photo I am looking at the back of the grip and the tail end of the receiver so I can't see how close the front of the grip nuzzles up to the trigger guard.

The lower photo looks like the trigger slot which is fine.

W. :smoke:

Come on. Its attention to detail and quality work that im obsessed about. More specifically my work.....I take pride in my work.

Take a look at the Swiss. Their SIG rifles are second to none, and are regaurded as being the BEST in the world. The Swiss take their time and do things right when making these rifles as I have heard their factory only turns out 11 or 12 rifles per day. Even though the SIG and AK are very very similar, its the attention to detial and the quality work that set them worlds apart.

cobra started it!

Ya your right.

Edited by SaigaK

Are you still here? Cobra didn't start shit. It was the dude with the case of Excessive Compulsive Impatient Didn't Read Instruction Expect Everyone To Hold His Hand Shouldn't Even Attempt To Put A Snap Together Model Car Together By Himself Disorder! If you really gave a shit about attention to detail you would have sense enough to pay attention to all the details that have been layed out for you by others BEFORE cutting any holes. You should not even cut your own pizza. Do yourself and everyone else here a favor and take that poor abused Saiga to someone else that is competent enough to finish it before you screw something else up and try to blame someone here. It's whiney brats like you that try and follow other's instructions loosely and then end up screwing something up and hurting themselves and then turn around and try to sue someone. Don't go away mad just go away. :haha:

Sorry for being a little less than helpful on the questions you have asked since before you even started your conversion SaigaK. I think I stopped helping right after I told you the difference between a Nato length and Warsaw pact stock complete with measurements of each. I usually try and answer even the most simple questions people ask and don't care whether it's from a noob or a long time member. The difference with you is that from the very beginning, even before that, you have gone down the list and asked about every single step of the conversion....

You started it by saying this. Sarcasm is off the scale.

Ha. I cant beleive your preaching ot me about attention to detail. Your instructions are anything but detailed. Especially the trigger assembly section. I still cant see where and what im supposed to grinding away at......detailed photos we need more detailed photos.

Edited by SaigaK
It was the dude with the case of Excessive Compulsive Impatient Didn't Read Instruction Expect Everyone To Hold His Hand Shouldn't Even Attempt To Put A Snap Together Model Car Together By Himself Disorder!

ROFL!!!!

Thats too funny.... :D

:smoke:

Come on.  Its attention to detail and quality work that im obsessed about.  More specifically my work.....I take pride in my work.

Take a look at the Swiss.  Their SIG rifles are second to none, and are regaurded as being the BEST in the world.  The Swiss take their time and do things right when making these rifles as I have heard their factory only turns out 11 or 12 rifles per day.  Even though the SIG and AK are very very similar, its the attention to detial and the quality work that set them worlds apart.

cobra started it!

Ya your right.

Hmm.... that is not at all what I meant. That was an inside joke between cobra and I. He put up an irrelevent picture of a bunny with some pancakes on his head, I put up a picture of a cat, waiting for a piece of pie, sorry if y'all took it that way!

Attention to detail and quality of work are important and indeed it's what separates a POS craftsman from a skilled one.

That said, the conversion process isn't like heavy engineering, fabrication and construction. It isn't something artistic in nature like a refinish where attention to detail is key.

You are drilling a couple holes and replacing a few parts.

All said and done, it involves about as much 'attention to detail' as one gives when they are pumping gas.

All said and done, it involves about as much 'attention to detail' as one gives when they are pumping gas.

I COMPLETELY disagree.

Techically I could do a sloppy job on the holes, and the grinding of certain parts and the shotgun would still work perfectly. But I take pride in my work and go over things very carefully.

I am sorry to inform everyone that this thread is now closed. This chapter in Saiga12.com is also closed. Please resume your normal activities. There is nothing to read here. Really!

Edited by oak

lets now get sidetracked here. let me bring to attention the topic i locked that was a direct insult to a few of the major builders here.....that saigaK left. I think that is the issue at this point. you crawled under a bunch of guy's skin, but now they are manipulating you into a situation where you are going to look bad no matter what you say. I feel like im in high school, actually. this is why i dont work at IBM anymore or for the government for that matter. :)

this is going to stop. soon. dont make this forum look like a bunch of idiotic snobs.

if i didnt know better, I would think most a ya'll are trying to be like McUzi. well, there are no substitues for the McUzi. dont even try to be like him. it aint working. :)

and i mean that in a nice way guys.

cut the mud slinging out already will ya? dont make me spank ya's.

fucking a, its like a bunch of kids fighting over the sandbox or a toy for christ's sake. I love you all and everything, but COME ON already.

saigaK - apologise so this is over with. easiest solution. you DID post the topic of "sum big kind insult um" afterall..........

• 2 weeks later...

Considering we a being monitored by a true professional for the next week or so, I believe a concerted effort to keep the sarcasm, back biting, infighting, name calling and immature behavior be kept to a minimum.

Let us present ourselves as true gun enthusiasts, set upon by a conspiracy of dunces who wouldn't recognize a great shot gun if it bit them on the ------

I profusely apologize for my slipping into an emotional tirade. I am embarrassed, chagrined and humbled.

So, is the inspector a babe? Great Legs?? Huh?

Maybe a looker like the Zemanova or Christine or something better??Huh??

I must go now and mix my muscle relaxants, with my pain pills and my mood adjusters and my water pills and my heart medicine and other meds.

Then I get to drive my rig on the freeway!!

Griz