Both the wife and I have transitioned over to the SR9c as our conceal carry guns. Anyone else using these for the same purpose? We really liked these guns a lot and did tons of research prior to committing to making these our carry weapons. We were torn between these and a pair of Glocks in 9mm, but the loaded chamber indicator and manual safety were both positives in our eyes (plus price). I know Glocks don't have either of these features, and I agree that not everybody needs them, but I liked them and feel very comfortable carrying my gun loaded (with the safety engaged).

Hello

See my recommendation in post started by Cobra. I feel that once the magazine interlock is removed from these pistols (stupid idea to install it IMHO) the SR9-C is an ideal C/C pistol for probably 90% ot the folks out there. Especially women and lefties (fully ambi).

I'm shocked that they aren't more popular.

Respectfully,

-guido

"God Loves Liberty"

I have an sr9c. I really like it. The one thing you like I dislike. The loaded chamber indicater is rediculous. That thing sticks up way to high and looks horrible. OTher then that I love the gun. I bought it for my wife but ended up with it when I bought her another gun. Still love my Glocks more.

I have the SR9, it is very reliable so far, no hick ups with the gun. Only problem is you will need to take it to the range and sight it in, but that isn't the problem. If you're shooting to the left or right, you will need a sturdy table some wood clamps, 5/64th allen wrench, a hammer and a brass punch. Be prepared to be pounding on your gun for awhile.

I asked a guy at lawmens police supply while I was purchasing my M&P 9c why they put in a mag disconnect. He said that it is for LEO's when they train in weapon retention to learn how to eject a mag if someone tries to grab there gun in a scuffle. Now it doesn't seem so stupid when I am the only one with mags.

I had thought about the SR9C for my fiancee but got the M&P, same price, no safety, felt better in the hand. SR9c are still nice guns though and have a sweet trigger for a cc gun.

IMO external safeties on modern guns are over rated and are there to please the older gun buyer whos used to their 1911s. Aside from 1911 style guns there is no need for the safeties. New guns have firing pin blocks, internal trigger blocks and other internal plungers that wont let the firing pin strike the primer or even move unless the trigger is pulled, causing a series of other parts to move thus allowing the firing pin to strike. Unless I'm carrying 1911/HiPower or using one as my bed side gun I dont want a safety especially if Im suddenly awoken in the middle of the night and have to fumble around or remember that there is a safety. Bottom line, never put your finger on the trigger until youre ready to shoot.

Just my $0000.000001

• Like 1

I would always tell my customers that a manual safety is a two-way street. While it can save you from a negligent discharge when you are putting your booger picker where it shouldn't be, a safety can also be inadvertently turned on when you need your weapon to fire.

So the most important thing is to practice with whatever you are going to carry and be proficient with your motions. Taking an extra 3 seconds to figure out you just turned the safety and then deactivate it means you might not make it out of a gun fight without some new body piercings.

I have always been a fan of Rugers. I own a GP 100 revolver and a P95 semi auto and am very pleased with both weapons. Very good quality for thier price but also feel that thier prices are creeping up to the point where they are getting too close to the price point of higher grade weapons. I love thier Scout rifle but still feel they could have priced it 100.00 dollars cheaper than what they are selling for. The SR9c is a good quality weapon but i don't care much for the narrow grip or the sights when compared to a glock 19. All in all though they are nice pistols.

Just my 2 cents....

I have an SR9 and love it. Before I picked it up, I was planning on getting a Glock, but every one that I handled wore a sore spot on my middle finger from the trigger guard. I picked up the SR9 and it fit my hand like a glove! Absolutely accurate and reliable. I will pick up a C as soon as funds allow (doing an S-12 conversion now) , but it is a great pistol.. In the winter, I carry it in a shoulder rig, or crossdraw.