Saiga12 with interchangeable smooth/rifled barrels

The best idea would be a setup like the new US palm take down gun. its a rifle but the idea is sound there is no reason you could not go from a 16"Ak47 to a 12" AK105 to a 22" RPK47. look at there trunion setup on youtube I think it is awsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83fjaMXXUM

Edited by SCHULTZE

I say go for it man. I am in the works of making a double stack mag for myself, making a mold etc. I doubt I will ever be able to do anything with it but hey, at least I'll have fun making it, and if it works out, I'll have some DS for myself!

It's advice, not advise

TYPO DETECTED! ULTIMATE NERD PWN +9000

Actually, the spelling depends on which continent you were raised.

Nice, completely bypassed the point of my entire post! I wouldn't advise you to use that continent response with people who have travelled around the world and studied other cultures, but that's just my advice, take or leave it...

• Like 2

Well I would just like to thank the people who actually read what I typed. It was JUST an idea and wanted to get feedback. Going for a machined receiver was a BIG idea but I am positive I could do the gas block. I'll get some dimensions and come up with a rough drawing and post it when im done.

Again Im not at the point were I can render something on CAD and CNC it in a couple days lol. I am still in school and just now getting to the floor and machining parts.

Seeing as I am in school the material I use is free so when I get ahead of the curriculum I can work on my own projects. If anyone else has and idea for a small part/accessory let me know and ill see if I can make it. I plan to be ahead in the curriculum alot seeing as I was an aircraft mechanic for over 12 years and ALOT of things have transferred over so its like one big review lol.

Edited by blkhwkguy
  • Like 1

The top three parts that guys ask for all the time are:

1. Top Covers

2. Barrels

3. Gas Blocks

Tony

blkhwkguy, here is a way to make money, and help pay for school and get you name out and make more money and on and on and on till you have no free time to shot and have to give me your firearms to shoot to keep them in shape.

Can I go on and on and on or what.

What ever you do just give it your all, machineing is a trade that works everywhere.

Edited by RED333
  • Like 3

The top three parts that guys ask for all the time are:

1. Top Covers

2. Barrels

3. Gas Blocks

Tony

blkhwkguy, here is a way to make money, and help pay for school and get you name out and make more money and on and on and on till you have no free time to shot and have to give me your firearms to shoot to keep them in shape.

Can I go on and on and on or what.

True and I'll add this: not all barrels are hammer forged...

• Like 1

If you are planning on making a DS, be prepared to hear things like, 'you can't make it because Mike has a patent', and, you cant make it work.' Maybe you can't but don't be discouraged by others, good luck.

Yeah I figured, but if anyone knew copyright or patent law, they would also know it can be done without infringment. Thanks for the words of encouragement! We'll see how it goes.

We did a quick change barrel setup for the Saiga a few years ago, but dropped the idea since there weren't any spare barrels around. It doesn't do you much good to have a switch barrel gun, if you don't have a second barrel to switch over to.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

I have a couple of friends that are working on making rifled barrels for these guns.

• Like 2