evl things....

They are certainly evl. The S12 is as bad as the AR, if not worse. We usually just want one badass S12. We get it like we want it, our taste changes, and we are on the hunt for another, then another, and so on. Then the builds get increasingly more expensive and complex. Before you now it we want a SBS version. Don't even get me on the subject of mags for these things....

Enjoy....

post-22401-0-85729800-1330493511_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-07455800-1330493892_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 3

Don't even get me on the subject of mags for these things....

Why, do you have mags?

ph34r.png

Nice collection!

I sold a couple off and I've been trying to keep things to where the safe door will close, but I feel a couple more builds coming on soon. Good thing I'm somewhat broke right now or I'd already be started on them.

Hope you plan on sending a form 1 off soon, evlblkwpnz. You can't have 4 and not SBS at least 1 or 2 of them. I had 3, SBS'd 1 and have since sold the other 2. Now I want to buy 1 or 2 more for additional SBS configurations.

Lovely pics, though. :) Get to work on that last non-folder. It looks like the ugly duckling sitting all alone with nobody to play with. sad.png

Motivation...

Saiga-12-SBS1.jpg

Saiga-12-SBS2.jpg

Saiga-12-SBS-Drum-3.jpg

• Like 1

KC,

I sent of a Form 1 for SBS the same day that I sent off the form 1 to SBR one of my 107URs, in November. They are both pending, but I probably won't have stamps in hand until May. Everything is engraved and ready top chop. I'll be going 11 3/8" and using a PolyChoke to get out to around 12.5". I'm waiting on 3 other stamps and holding on to that last thread of sanity while I wait for what seems like forever. I should be getting 2 any day now and I think that is all that is holding me together right now.

Looks like yours is about 13"? Correct?

The fixed stock S12 is the 3 Gun rig. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I definitely won't be putting a folder on it. I may install the CTR and buffer tube off of my arfcom factory SBR lower when I am allowed to possess it. I'll probably go with the R&R adapter. I have some other ideas for the arfcom lower and the CTR might slide less on my shouder than a traditional AKM/AK100 stock. Believe it or not. That one is becoming my favorite. The M.A.G.12 adds a whole new element to it. Makes me much quicker. I might grab one of those magwells for the SBS.

KC,

I sent of a Form 1 for SBS the same day that I sent off the form 1 to SBR one of my 107URs, in November. They are both pending, but I probably won't have stamps in hand until May. Everything is engraved and ready top chop. I'll be going 11 3/8" and using a PolyChoke to get out to around 12.5". I'm waiting on 3 other stamps and holding on to that last thread of sanity while I wait for what seems like forever. I should be getting 2 any day now and I think that is all that is holding me together right now.

The fixed stock S12 is the 3 Gun rig. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I definitely won't be putting a folder on it. I may install the CTR and buffer tube off of my arfcom factory SBR lower when I am allowed to possess it. I'll probably go with the R&R adapter. I have some other ideas for the arfcom lower and the CTR might slide less on my shouder than a traditional AKM/AK100 stock. Believe it or not. That one is becoming my favorite. The M.A.G.12 adds a whole new element to it. Makes me much quicker. I might grab one of those magwells for the SBS.

I'd wait for jte's new magwell to come out for that, as you would be able to use your drums with it.

KC,

I'd wait for jte's new magwell to come out for that, as you would be able to use your drums with it.

I'm leaning towards using 8 round SGMs with the SBS. I just want it to be light and compact, with the ability to change mags quickly. Drums are fun and I have other S12s that I can use them in, but I'm somewhat "drummed out". Maybe deep down I'm pissed about the DS mags not coming to market. The quad AK mags haven't either.... neither is good.

• Like 1

If you get real bored with the drums, send a few my way. I don't have any.

Maybe I can convince the President to redistribute your unfair wealth.

• Like 1

KC,

I'm leaning towards using 8 round SGMs with the SBS. I just want it to be light and compact, with the ability to change mags quickly. Drums are fun and I have other S12s that I can use them in, but I'm somewhat "drummed out". Maybe deep down I'm pissed about the DS mags not coming to market. The quad AK mags haven't either.... neither is good.

I believe US Palm is working on quad stacks for the ak47 that were shown at Shot this year.

If you get real bored with the drums, send a few my way. I don't have any.

Maybe I can convince the President to redistribute your unfair wealth.

You would die laughing if you saw what I pay myself on a regular basis ($0.02 above Florida minimum wage). I am extremely frugal in every part of my life outside of this hobby. I get myself through with the blind faith that someday I will have some degree of wealth, but for now.... it is just a faint twinkle of light at the end of a verylong and dark tunnel.

Most of the gun stuff that I have now came from selling off a nearly 15+ year collection of guns over the last few years. I got rid of a lot of nice Chicoms and Colts, not to mention a wide variety of other pre-ban guns. There are only two safe queens here now and everything else gets ran fairly hard when I can afford it.

Well if there is a drum ban, you can scalp them and pay yourself pretty well. You may be frugally making a wise investment, as long as we don't include the ammo expenditures.

KC,

Mine is 12.5". Doesn't require a choke or high power ammo to cycle. If Russian magwell mags become readily available at a fair price I may stick an Izzy magwell on it. Still have more plans for it (RSB mod and a few other things).

Do you and Boba always start your threads in the third person? ;-)

Nice collection BTW!

"We" as in "Saiga 12 enthusiasts"....

I appreciate the compliment. It will be better when I get that stamp in hand ;)