I want one of those damn shovels....

Me too!!!

Here's a copy of one for ya:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4162b2af43

Then there's this one as well (looks perhaps to be a little more genuine. . . although I am not saying that it is):

http://getrussiangear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

Any straight handled campng style shovel will do much the same. However the Spetnatz shovel is stronger at the socket than the old US GI type shovels. The tri-fold shovels are ok but what good does it do you if it folded when you need it.

Also, fighting with a shovel is much like fighting with a spiked, double bitted ax. My preferance for SCA combat.

Any straight handled campng style shovel will do much the same. However the Spetnatz shovel is stronger at the socket than the old US GI type shovels. The tri-fold shovels are ok but what good does it do you if it folded when you need it.

Also, fighting with a shovel is much like fighting with a spiked, double bitted ax. My preferance for SCA combat.

SCA? Been there, done that. It was a blast back in the day. Well, the combat and drinking aspect of it anyway! You still active in it?

SCA? Been there, done that. It was a blast back in the day. Well, the combat and drinking aspect of it anyway! You still active in it?

Not so much anymore, thinking of selling some of my kit. I do maybe 3-4events a year, Pennsic usually being one. Sadly we've all grown up and the parties aren't what they used to be. My daughters complaint is that the Pennsic party scene died the year she was legally allowed to enjoy it, lol.

While a badass shovel is an improvement over a pocket knife, it still has a lot to do with the badass using it. Those guys go through shit that makes them someone Riddick wouldn’t want to f*ck with even with his tea cup.

post-26137-0-51822700-1330714104.jpg

• Like 2

That is the same as the ebay link above. I don't know how they can claim it is a faithful copy and miss a feature like the saw. (or the notch and markings) How hard would it have been to copy those things on a $35 shovel?

I never did like cold steel as a company. They seem to exist for the purposes of tricking teenagers. They used to market on the basis of their relative cutting power with freehanging rope-- Utter BS. If the test measured anything, it was the skill of the cutter. I had freinds who bought knives from them and payed more for the model that could cut through more rope. They also led the fad of making knives with an angled tip which they called Tanto, with some gibberish about it being indestructable and what ninjas used, that was equally malarkey.