after tac 47 auto plug install failure to eject

i installed the auto plug and tried to run a couple off started with one at a time just to make sure it was tuned as per instructions shot fine but the empty shell would get caught on the barrel i am shooting federal premium law enforcement 2 3/4 00 buck any help would be very much appreciated

First off welcome to the forum.

Did your S12 work before the auto plug?

Have you done anything else to your shotgun?

What mag are you using, factory, after market?

• Like 1

+1 on the questions asked above.

Did you also follow the instructions to use the weakest ammo you intend to use (That already ran welll on #2 with your factory plug), and screw [clockwise] the adjuster until it worked reliably with that shell? After you do this step, give it one more half turn, and mark the location of the plug. Then count the turns, dissassemble, clean it, put blue loctite on and return it the same number of turns to your mark.

• Like 3

Hey, welcome to the forum! +1 on the comments above. But you should'nt need a new puc. Find the link for removing gas block and drilling your ports posted below! I have the css puc, the md arms booster puc and the factory puc and the cure was the ports being drilled. I believe pucs help but don't cure problems, and I'm currently running the css puc and switch them each time after use for shi#s and giggles. Also polish the fcg, bolt, carrier, and rails yourself or a get vendor to do it if you don't want too, but you really can do it. save yourself some money do the port check and then drill them to appropriate size. then reset the autoplug. all this only requires simple tools! Also, even if you remove and the ports are correct you only lose ~30 min. of your time and maybe less. Good Luck!

http://forum.saiga-1...cked-gas-ports/

Edited by Guns Are Great

the gun didnt shoot well with the factory plug so i changed over to the auto plug just went out to try different adjustments and to switch out the plug again with no luck also i have been using the factory 5 rd mag and a 10 rd promag clip and i thank all of you guys for your help

Here's my thinking, as posted in #68 this other thread: http://forum.saiga-1...__ports__st__60 (with factual corrections)

I think the order for an NIB saiga is to see if it works first..

step 1) Don't convert (yet). Resist the urge to change any parts untill you know if it works. Run a handfull high brass. (to test, not break in) Buy some ammo that should be marginal. I say 1 box of federal bulk, and one box of winchester. also buy a box of cheap federal ounce and a quarter, which is cheap but has a bit more punch. This will give you a spectrum of functionality to aid diagnosis.

If it runs the federal, you might be ok to stop there. If it won't, let the importer fix it.

If it won't run the winchester, and you want it to, you know that it is pretty close. Now you can start to think about whether to fix gas or friction.

step 2) after doing your warranty/no warranty decision, everyone should do a simple home polish. I am not talking about a full reprofile. I am talking about taking a wire brush and some sand paper and slicking up the rails and, removing any burrs... and feeling by hand cycle for any sticky points.

If your gun works well, this is a logical stop point for many users.

If not, you need to assess gas ports, and whether there are major friction problems.

For me I would love Pauly's service (or Cobras,or JTE...), and am almost comfortable enough to do something similar myself. I just don't need it.

I have 2 saiga's:

One ran everything out of the box. It is rock'n lock. I don't need to mess with anything, but a reprofile would be nice.

The other ran everything up to federal bulk out of the box. It had (3) 1/16th" ports. Adding a KA puck was enough to make it run the winchester 100% instead of whatever it was before. I think it would be unnessessary to tear the gun apart and risk permanent damage by drilling or Dmodding my block. Update --Recently I tried a newer batch of wally winchester and had 2 FtE's an hour of work and it now has a right number of ports. 100% or nothing for me. It now ejects crap shells with authority. I have an Autoplug if I want to overgass it slightly and then tune down from there. I may add a buffer just because ( please no flames. lots of people who know what they are doing use them too. If you have problems with them, don't use them)

Reprofile would be nice, but is not needed. I have a magwell on there, and it is something I want anyway. Ease of feeding is not a problem at all. It currently eats everything I want to feed it except B&P slugs. If I start having too much money, either I will do some re-profiling myself or I will send it to Pauly, or another competent pro. I want this guy to be like a race gun, so it may be worth while to have the gun fine tuned. That is a want, not a need.

Both got the light treatment in #2 above and I think everyone should do that. Not everyone needs to turn a $300 to $600 good shotgun into a $1000 gun to meet his needs.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 2

the gun didnt shoot well with the factory plug so i changed over to the auto plug just went out to try different adjustments and to switch out the plug again with no luck also i have been using the factory 5 rd mag and a 10 rd promag clip and i thank all of you guys for your help

As everybody else has said, the AutoPlug isn't an intended fix if your weapon won't cycle rounds before installing it. I would do as GunFun said, possibly even tell Pauly the problem and have him look at it when he polishes the bolt... if your nice and toss some extra money he might just fix it for you... It should be a relatively easy fix for an experienced Saiga owner. Maybe trying a MD Arms booster puck?

Also, they aren't clips... what you put shotgun shells in for your weapon are called magazines. Almost everything that holds ammunition in the manner that your Saiga does, are called magazines... an M1 garand is an example of a weapon that uses a clip, and a rare example of a clip actually used in a long rifle in my opinion if you want to search a clip. Your hand guns use magazines, some revolvers use "moon clips", but your saiga, ar-15's, ak-47's, all use magazines.

Hey, the clips vs magazines thing has been pointless pedantry for at least 30 years. Let it go. It only makes you look bad. It's like insisting that "Gay" only means cheerful.

What makes it pedantic is that its a largely semantic point, as they're arguing over the meaning of a word while its clear both are talking about the same thing and understand its clear and intended function. Its an antiquated and unneccesary deliniation. The usage and arguement are very much similar to the antiquated distinction between "gun" and "rifle" where the former lacks the internal barrel striations are largely defunct as we allow the use of hand-"guns" despite the presence of rifiling and the distinction is relegated almost exclusively artillery and the uptight. You get to a point where the distinction isn't necessary and neither are the arguements.

• Like 3

As mentioned the plug is not a "fix". I would open it all the way up (max gas), loctite the threads so it doesn't turn out under recoil and try it again. It should bleed off any excess gas with any standard reputable 2 3/4" loads which is all Tac47 recommends it for anyway.

Oh, and don't always fire from the shoulder. Try limp wristing it a few times for ultimate reliability. I would still have the guts polished. I know, it costs $$ but you want it to run right, not just show yer friends yer purdy gun?

+1 this is a gas operated gun. It should be tuned so that it works right in any condition no matter how you hold it. It isn't hard to tune it right, and doing it the right way is also the cheapest way. I know mine will work however I use it, although I haven't been brave enough to use Evl's patented groinfire technique.

• Like 1

just got finished hand polishin the bolt carrier and fcg if i can get out of work early tomorrow then ill take it out for a spin the action feels a lot better as well as the trigger i thank yall for your input ill let you guys know how it works

+1 this is a gas operated gun. It should be tuned so that it works right in any condition no matter how you hold it. It isn't hard to tune it right, and doing it the right way is also the cheapest way. I know mine will work however I use it, although I haven't been brave enough to use Evl's patented groinfire technique.

I should change my username to Gunhumper ;)

I'm having the same problem with the autoplug.

I've polished my bolt and carrier and it feeds flawlessly with whatever I feed it--Federal, Winchester bulk, etc...

with the factory plug--

on setting #1.

As soon as I replace the factory plug with the autoplug--

FTE, FTE, FTE...

replace with factory plug--

shoots like a champ.

I'm wondering if I should just use the factory plug

since there's no problems on setting #1?

Well maybe your gun is under gassed? But if it runs flawlessly with factory setup then thats up to you. Are you getting damage on the rear trunnion? I'll trade you a mdarms booster puc and 20 dollars for the auto plug just so i can try one out. I have the mdarms v plug.

Edited by Guns Are Great
  • Like 1