Not familiar with Maryland's laws of any kind but if it means the Pro-Gun guys won one, its a great day in America.... Anti-gunners steadily looseing ground lately, and likely to continue to do so.. Bigger fish to fry with the state of the economy and " The People " are already so fed up with the Gvt BS comeing outta washington no one in their right mind would attempt to take away the firearms most americans are already cleaning loading and keeping close and ready.

Disarm a nation when they are fat and happy, not when they are tired and hungry.....

Until today, we were denied CCW permits UNLESS the Maryland State Police decided we had a "good and substantial" reason for one. Effectively removing any chance to receive one. Judge Legg ruled that it is a fundamental right, and the only reason needed to get one is that you want one. He put the onus on the State to issue one unless the State can find a "good and substantial reason" NOT to issue one.

• Like 4

Allow me to be the Killjoy here.

This is all for naught if come November Obama is re-elected.

He will almost certainly get at least one, if not more, appointments to the US Supreme Court.

They will immediately castrate the 2A by defining it's language.

They will find we have no Right to individual ownership/possession, that this is reserved for 'Well Regulated Militia'.

Which will likely be reserved for, Law Enforcement, Military/National Guard and of course Obama's Civilian Defense Force.

Then they will ratify the UN's Small Arms Treaty and enforce it.

We will be forcibly disarmed and enslaved.

I no longer have hope for return to the Country we knew, to the Founding Fathers vision and Constitution.

We have fallen far from the path of Righteousness before God, we are no longer favored and will now be destroyed.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

Chile, I love ya bro, but I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on a few points here. The state of the union will not tolerate the treatment you speak of, a few years ago I'd have agreed with ya, but currently, " The People " are too damn close to takeing to the streets armed as is... any further attempt to disarm " The People " will be folly at this time, and even Obama knows it..... they don't want a revolt or cival upriseing, and thats exactly what they'd have... they have other fish to fry that'll keep em busy for the next 4 years

and if your right.... if they ARE that stupid..... God help them.

• Like 2

Congrats MD. Chile I think the same as you but will say I think there is a lot of people "like us" that eventually Enough is Enough, may happen someday. That said there are so many other fucked up things going on you could flip a coin as to what startles the masses. Back on topic be thankful you can exercise your right MD.

Maryland's unconstitutional and unconscionable CCW laws OVERTHROWN!

The sun is a little brighter here today!

I saw the title and I saw the author, and I knew from that what this thread was about!

....BUT, it'll be a couple years. I don't know if they will grand MD's request to delay the implications of this ruling until their appeals are done.

In the meantime, I think I will apply anyway, and attach an addendum including a certified copy of the ruling.

Allow me to be the Killjoy here.

This is all for naught if come November Obama is re-elected.

He will almost certainly get at least one, if not more, appointments to the US Supreme Court.

They will immediately castrate the 2A by defining it's language.

They will find we have no Right to individual ownership/possession, that this is reserved for 'Well Regulated Militia'.

Which will likely be reserved for, Law Enforcement, Military/National Guard and of course Obama's Civilian Defense Force.

Then they will ratify the UN's Small Arms Treaty and enforce it.

We will be forcibly disarmed and enslaved.

I no longer have hope for return to the Country we knew, to the Founding Fathers vision and Constitution.

We have fallen far from the path of Righteousness before God, we are no longer favored and will now be destroyed.

There are many USSC cases asserting and individual right to bare arms, INCLUDING the 1939 Miller case and the Dredd Scott decision.

Furthermore, there are millions of people who won't stand for it, and thats out of the millions more who will not do anything about it.

If only we could get any kind of CC in Illinois it would be a victory here.

Congrats.

Case Law, buddy.

Its building up!

I really don't have any confidence in either of the GOP frontrunners, to be honest. Not only do I not fancy their chances, I'm dubious of their intentions and constitutions.

Good news for Maryland though. Kudos to His Honor!

Edited by DrThunder88

Judge Legg spelled it out chapter and verse. Even the morons in Annapolis will have to take this grit their teeth and accept this. Every one of the States arguments were shot down in plain language. He left them little or no 'wiggle room'. Like Headshot said -CASE LAW. This one will be the template for a lot more cases in places like IL an HA. DC will roll over like the yappy little lap dog that they are.

Both GOP front runners are WEAK on the 2nd. We are in for a nasty election - but that is American politics. Support today's 'super tuesday' winner.

Every 4 years I ask the same question:

Where are the REAL candidates?

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...