Jim Pruitt of Pruitt's Guns and Ammo speaks out aginst legally hut

I found this on Texas Gun Talk. Those of us in Houston probably know who he is already, former local radio show host, and 2A advocate. I know this shop I've been in there many times..never bought anything buy ammo as they're prices are absurd. But I can't believe the ignorace and audacity of this guy..he OWNS A GUN STORE!!

At minute mark 3:03, I think.

http://www.ktrh.com/player/?station=...l&mid=21880311

"I'm really not for it; I don't see the value of it. I see the potential of danger and threat to citizenry and police officers."

How is this guy pro 2A saying these things?

Let's all us in Houston give his shop a call 832-237-4867 OR email jim@jimpruett.net

and let him know how we feel about his stupid remarks. I know I just found YET another reason I won't be spending my money there. Thanks for your support on this issue.

• Like 1

Put this under

"How to kill your business"

1. Badmouth your patrons.

2. Badmouth the products they buy.

3. Watch business go downhill as they boycott you into the poor house.

• Like 4

Just so everyone knows. These comments are about a proposed rule change in TX to allow suppressors for hunting game animals.

But that guy just sounds stupid. I mean, they're legal in TX already so how would them being used for hunting be so dangerous. What about the 2 dozen or so states that allow suppressed hunting.

The gun violence guy was hilarious. These people are like talking dolls. You pull the string and they spit out the same tired arguments that logically don't make sense and have been shown to be false. Oh no, suppressors are only for military use and James Bond, no thinking person could advocate for such a device. Idiot.

• Like 2

Really doesn't sound like the day to day Jim Pruett I've dealt with. Maybe he has bumped his head or caught some old fart brain disease. I might have to take a ride down to his store and give him a piece of my mind haha.gif

He has always has treated me right, as I have purchased several nasty looking black guns from him.

Yakdung

Trying to say any legally owned firearm or suppressor is a danger to police sounds like irrational liberalism to me. I don't know the guy and am not driving from Michigan to protest his shop, but I just don't see how this could really be out of context. It kind of sounds like a "fudd" statement to me. Any firearm law only infringes on freedoms of law abiding citizens, it never stops or inhibits a criminal. I am going to go kill someone but I really can't risk having an illegal weapons charge on my record and certainly don't want to do extra prison time for it........this has never crossed anyone's mind, but libtards think this way.

ETA: spelling fix

Edited by HOG76
  • Like 1

When is the last time a crime has been committed with a suppressor? Suppressors are not a threat to anyone because they don't silence guns like Hollywood portrays them. They still produce a very loud and noticeable "pop" when fired.

Edited by Corruptz0rz

^ depends if youre shooting sub loads or not. l have a 22lr, 300 aac, and 308 suppressed. The 22lr is near silent, the 300 aac is "hollywood quiet" the 308 sounds more like someone shutting a car door than shooting a rifle. The key is you have to shoot a sub sonic load, regular ammo will still have the crack.

IMHO Suppressors should be mandatory for hunting when the fire risk is high. The same as spark arresting mufflers are mandatory on off road vehicles, and for the same reason. If we called them spark arrestors it would be more accurate, and make them sound less like something for wannabe terrorists and more like the responsible safety device that it is.

• Like 5

wow. that guys a dumbass. suppressors are worth they're weight in gold if you ask me. there are more good things to come of them than there are bad. all the "evil" people see or hear of them trails from fuckin hollywood.

if i lived in his area i wouldnt do business with him anymore.

wow. that guys a dumbass. suppressors are worth they're weight in gold if you ask me. there are more good things to come of them than there are bad. all the "evil" people see or hear of them trails from fuckin hollywood.

if i lived in his area i wouldn't do business with him anymore.

Pruetts prices are so high I wouldn't buy from him before his latest rant. Edited by Jetmech
  • Like 1

Pruetts pricesre so high I wouldn't buy from him before his latest rant.

damn. thats even worse.

damn. thats even worse.

The asshole sold a buddy of mine a pistol. After the sale he was walking around the shop and noticed a lower price on a identical gun in a different display case. Pruit refused to refund him the difference. That was the last time he shopped there.

damn. thats even worse.

The asshole sold a buddy of mine a pistol. After the sale he was walking around the shop and noticed a lower price on a identical gun in a different display case. Pruit refused to refund him the difference. That was the last time he shopped there.

thatd be the last time id shop there too. its assholes like that, who dont know how to do business.