Source for Factory magwells?

Now that Legion is selling the factory 8's, I'm thinking of converting all my S-12's to run the factory 8 round magwell mags. To me, the achilles heel of the S-12 has always been the mishmash of mag interchangeability. Right now, I've got a 030 that takes the magwell mags... a IZ-109 with a Surefire magwell and a Tromix S-17 that takes rock and lock mags. I'm tired of investing in no less than three types of mags for the shotties and dream of them all running the same type of mags.

Aside from RusMilitary (who is out) does anyone know of another source for these bad boys? Also, for anyone who has bought one from Oleg (or anyone else for that matter) do the magwells come with the front and rear pins/mounting hardware?

Lee

Now that Legion is selling the factory 8's, I'm thinking of converting all my S-12's to run the factory 8 round magwell mags. To me, the achilles heel of the S-12 has always been the mishmash of mag interchangeability. Right now, I've got a 030 that takes the magwell mags... a IZ-109 with a Surefire magwell and a Tromix S-17 that takes rock and lock mags. I'm tired of investing in no less than three types of mags for the shotties and dream of them all running the same type of mags.

Aside from RusMilitary (who is out) does anyone know of another source for these bad boys? Also, for anyone who has bought one from Oleg (or anyone else for that matter) do the magwells come with the front and rear pins/mounting hardware?

Lee

Rusmilitary will get some new ones soon you can pre order them on the page

The magwell from Oleg comes with everything needed to install it. I know, I put one on my IZ109 last year. Getting the mag latch pin in was a complete bitch.

Yes, the latch pin is a big pain. I ended up using a Q-tip to keep the latch lined up and pushed the pin in behind it. The pin pushed the Q-tip out while lining itself to the holes. It worked great.

I've bought them from russmil with and without

Not really hard at all to fab the parts

Use a cutoff drill as a pin, assemble the latch with short pin then loosely install the magwell, then insert a magazine and have someone watching on the opposite site help to align and drive in the longer pin.

Slightly rounding and polishing the pin will help the pin from shearing and damaging the magwell pin holes

Edited by RamLake

I went ahead and pre-ordered two from Oleg. They better come with hardware! The rear pin is not hard to replicate, but the front "T-bolt" is not something I can just pick up at Ace Hardware.

I went ahead and pre-ordered two from Oleg. They better come with hardware! The rear pin is not hard to replicate, but the front "T-bolt" is not something I can just pick up at Ace Hardware.

I can give you one if it does'nt....no worries

• Like 1

I can give you one if it does'nt....no worries

Thanks, Ray. That helps me breathe easier.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the MOLOT magwell flare in this link will fit the Russian magwell?

http://www.planet-of-gun.de/

It's the same.

That site has some interesting muzzle compensators. Never seen one quite like it.

post-6253-0-96299400-1338482458_thumb.jpg

This one seems to be a comp+choke combo.

Yes MuzzleBrake from Maxrounds and Polychoke i think.

But don't think that is so good as original one. Because it was designed without choke for proper function.

Does anyone know if the MOLOT magwell flare in this link will fit the Russian magwell?

http://www.planet-of-gun.de/

It's the same.

That site has some interesting muzzle compensators. Never seen one quite like it.

post-6253-0-96299400-1338482458_thumb.jpg

This one seems to be a comp+choke combo.

Yes MuzzleBrake from Maxrounds and Polychoke i think.

But don't think that is so good as original one. Because it was designed without choke for proper function.

I've seen MOLOT magwells that look like aluminum. My Russian magwell is plastic and I don't know if the MOLOT magwell flare extention will fit.

It may not be the same. Does anyone know for SURE?

BTW if you get magwell you have to modify frame. And it doesn't matter if you drill one or two holes etc.(depending on type of magwell).

You will cut the frame anyway.

If you use original russian magwell you can use original mags for Molot Vepr or Saiga Police. Maybe little fitting will be required(outer shape and dimensions). But it depends.

IF you want to use US made mags? You can but you will HAVE to fit them.

Maybe i can make some pics SGM 10rds mag vs Molot mag if needed.

OK, second run.

post-16543-0-33110300-1338657263_thumb.jpg + post-16543-0-91698500-1338657277.jpg = post-16543-0-73723200-1338657307_thumb.jpg

Original magwells both.

Designed for these magazines:

post-16543-0-97335600-1338657329.jpg

post-16543-0-79260400-1338657343.jpg

Both magwells are for original magazines.

First is made from plastic. Second one is from aluminium( IMHO ) with integrated expansion.

If you use SGM magwell buy that expansion only...

• 3 weeks later...