Need picture evidence of best groups

I'm going to the range this weekend to document this, but I am consistantly getting 2-3 or better moa groups. (at 100, obviously)

I searched, and I'm not finding the pictures I need, and I would like to make my own. I'll document it, but I recall some really tight groups (3-5 shot) being posted on here in the past. Pictures tell a valuable story, and I envision this as a great reference.

Just asking for .223 owners to post their best groups, and reports. Thanks guys!

What a great excuse to get to the range this weekend!! I'll post up some pics when I'm done.

I have been wanting to use this new Shooting Log app I downloaded for my Android anyway...

(Plink Log Pro, if you are interested. Didn't know if I could post a link)

Edited by Pyzik
  • Like 1

What a great excuse to get to the range this weekend!! I'll post up some pics when I'm done.

That's what we thought. We're actually having family photos taken at the farm, then shooting. I have to zero my new FDE rifle (it's the new black, y'know... ;) Our cousin and his wife (the photographer) shoot too, and will have their rifles too. It will be a handful of ARs, and my Saiga, in 223, and perhaps some 12 guage is inevitable from the S-12. We have a new-to-us thrower to mess with, and a bunch of clays. :)

I want to prove a theory, so we're both shooting my new AR and my Saiga against each other. Both running Pmags.

Suppose the cousins are running their ARs against too. We'll see who gets the best groups.

I want to prove a theory, so we're both shooting my new AR and my Saiga against each other. Both running Pmags.

Suppose the cousins are running their ARs against too. We'll see who gets the best groups.

I'm thinking ARs for accuracy and AKs for being able to shoot forever dirty. Do let us know!

• Like 1

Ok, last night, THIS happened. First group: Irons (through PA micro RDS with Killflash, not on) through cold bore.

Second group: Turned on RDS.

"X" shot for bull, then two top bulls, one round each.

I'll let the results speak for themselves... Obviously I adjusted the windage after this round of groups, and she is DIALED IN now. I didn't shoot groups after this, I just shot a bowling pin at 100, then went to town on the 200 and 300m gongs the rest of the day.

No wind to speak of, shot from bench with range bag as the rest. Used a 20 round Pmag.

"AK's aren't accurate for shit!". :D

I'll post the AR grouping then, it was less impressive though. I didn't have time to upload the pics yet.

post-20073-0-81514100-1334414585_thumb.jpg

Edited by bohound

Ok, last night, THIS happened. First group: Irons (through PA micro RDS with Killflash, not on) through cold bore.

Second group: Turned on RDS.

"X" shot for bull, then two top bulls, one round each.

I'll let the results speak for themselves... Obviously I adjusted the windage after this round of groups, and she is DIALED IN now. I didn't shoot groups after this, I just shot a bowling pin at 100, then went to town on the 200 and 300m gongs the rest of the day.

No wind to speak of, shot from bench with range bag as the rest. Used a 20 round Pmag.

"AK's aren't accurate for shit!".

I'll post the AR grouping then, it was less impressive though. I didn't have time to upload the pics yet.

Try brass cased ammo. You'll get even better accuracy out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally went out today. Not a good day.

I am an idiot and sighted in at 25 yards to start and had the rear sight leaf set at 100, not "battle zero". I was having mag/feeding problems (very frustrating) and was distracted by them and didn't look at the rear leaf.

So when I got to the 100 yard range to dial it in, I wasn't even on paper. I got it close enough for today. Planning on going out again next weekend.

And, I took my gloves off while picking up and left them there. And, my wedding ring came off in the gloves. Called the range and no has turned them in and they didn't see them laying where I was sitting... Very frustrating day.

ETA: I was shooting 55gr. Wolf.

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

Here are the images from an Android app I downloaded. You can save notes (gun, caliber, weather, location) with each target also.

1335640454616.jpg

1335641477013.jpg

Edited by Pyzik
  • Like 1

what kind of mags were you getting feeding issues from?

My brand new Circle 10s. I think it's my bullet guide though. It's one of dinzag's first one's and it's pretty beat up. The second to last round on every mag was nose diving and feeding just a hair too low. The round was on the left side of the mag if it matters.

I don't want to hijack this thread too much so I am going to start a new one.

Here's my last 25 yard groups. 5 shots offhand, 5 shots prone. Once again, I know you're shooting saigas and I'm shooting an AR. I debated long and hard about which one to get because I wanted an "accurate" varmint gun that would be useful in SHTF possibilities, too. The only problem is, with that big-ass scope on it, it's over 10 lbs unloaded.

DSCN0287.jpg

Went to the range today to sight in a Vortex Strike Fire that I added to my .223-20". This is what I settled on at 100 yards. The 3 high group was before walking it down.

It's a lot of shots, but they all stayed in a 3 inch square. I think it's okay for a 4 MOA red dot.

post-39512-0-61286700-1336178311_thumb.jpg