New home designed fore end for my saiga 12

Alu. handrail, put in a lathe took off enough to lighten it up, then bridgeport mill and slab the sides.

Then milled out channel for barrel. Milled the tab for in the slot of the lower below the chamber.

Angle slotted the front to act as a spear, but too short may make a longer version.

May put a coat of rubberized spray on it for better grip and use in cool weather.

Never seen the mag light one.

layback

It looks clean, but kind of slippery. I bet you will end up needing the rails for grip. They are probably right about heat, but if you prefer to shoot at things instead of racing to empty you mags maybe it won't matter.

Good job on being self sufficient.

Maybe bolt, rivet or weld on an aluminum wedge ala AFG?

Thanks for all the information, there is about 1/8" air space all the way around, only contact point is under barrel at front turion and mounting screw at gas block, was going to rubberize it for grip purpose. Working around my completed Saiga's have another one coming in for new mods I've been working on for it. Really hoping I get a response form MOJO at red jacket for a bullpup fast prototype (like the 22 one he did) but for my 3rd saiga 12. Otherwise I want to make my own furniture for it after converting.

Will post pics as I get it figured out some more.

Layback

Just got done with the third Saiga conversion using the home made fore end.

Attached are the pics. Going to replace under folder with nato length stock. or side folder nato length.

Oh surprising thing this one came with 4 hole port ( and they where aligned up already, and factory LRBHO on it.

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg