Vepr-12 mag modification

These were sent to me in a PM from PappaZorra and I thought I would share with you all. I wanted to get some 5rd Vepr mags and was told that all the factory does to make 5rd mags is cut down factory 8rd mags that is why the 5rd'ers cost more. so here are some links and some pics you may need to use goggle translate.

http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/48/393558.html

http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/48/286771-0.html

post-21226-0-97189300-1335063209.jpg

post-21226-0-34664400-1335063229.jpg

post-21226-0-93945700-1335063240.jpg

post-21226-0-06678600-1335063254.jpg

post-21226-0-53569300-1335063274.jpg

post-21226-0-45195800-1335063298.jpg

post-21226-0-43250700-1335063315_thumb.jpg

post-21226-0-09273400-1335063329_thumb.jpg

post-21226-0-31435200-1335063345_thumb.jpg

post-21226-0-49290500-1335063359.jpg

• Like 5

That's something to make you cry. It should be getting longer. Weren't you the one who made AGPs work in a Russian mag well?

Nope that was not me making them fit I have not got my magwell gun built yet. I am not going to using a plastic Saiga magwell I found a metal Vepr extended magwell I bought and I am unsure if the AGP's will work with it or not.

I know someone here had pictures of AGPs modified to run in the Molot Magwell. Hopefully he will speak up and share what he had to do. IIRC they would not operate the LRBHO, and he was only planning to use them untill he could get enough Russian mags.

• 1 month later...

Nope that was not me making them fit I have not got my magwell gun built yet. I am not going to using a plastic Saiga magwell I found a metal Vepr extended magwell I bought and I am unsure if the AGP's will work with it or not.

It's hard work but you can do it. It's about outer shape and dimensions of mag for magwell.

Or you can buy original russian magazines. But for you guys it's little expensive with price of US made magazines.

• 4 months later...

Vepr-12 10 round Mag by Molot Arms Ltd. This mags are made by Molot Arms to similar technology mention above using Standard 8 round Molot mags and cutted parts of Standard 8 round Molot mags that was gone to US. Parts are glued and reinforced after that covered by Dupont rubber coating.

On phone video "MOLOT ARMS" LTD Technical Director Vasily Nagaev shows Vepr-12 10 round Mag made by MOLOT ARMS.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I have a little advice for these vendors then. They already have a base of clients, most of you all. The only way they are going to grow thier business is from new customers like me. The first time gun owner who's looking for help, advice, experience. Pappa had tons of all it and he was sharing it. Ban him and people like him and I have no reason to be here. Its really that simple. Run your businesses anyway you want, I run my business to be the best.

• Like 1
What vendor is selling 8 rounders for cheaper than the 5s? Because I have yet to see 8 round mags for less than 90 bucks a pop.....

All foreign vendors. From my understanding Molot only makes 8 rounders. So anything smaller or larger costs more, because all it is, is a modified 8 rounder. Meaning more man hours which = greater cost. I've been stalking foreign vendors to see if they would ship any Molot mags to no avail. However, I noticed 5 rounders and 4 rounders were more expensive than 8 rounders in other countries. The most expensive Molot magazine I found was a 2 rounder, I imagine cause it takes the most amount of work. As i stated in another thread, it makes no sense we have these cheap 5 rounders and no 8 rounders, when all our 5 rounders in the US started as 8 rounders and then got the chop. They should be more expensive because extra labor. At least Molot didn't throw away the remnants of our neutered US magazines in the trash, and people are getting to use our pieces to enjoy Molot 10 rounders.

And yes, I'm still blown away by the PapaZorro thing. Censorship plain and simple. Maybe a temp ban, but black bagging him and the threads... not cool...

ps... I plan on cutting a 5 rounder into a 2 rounder for skeet shooting. Will post a thread on it if success...

Edited by Muffman
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a little advice for these vendors then. They already have a base of clients, most of you all. The only way they are going to grow thier business is from new customers like me. The first time gun owner who's looking for help, advice, experience. Pappa had tons of all it and he was sharing it. Ban him and people like him and I have no reason to be here. Its really that simple. Run your businesses anyway you want, I run my business to be the best.

lol am I reading this right? There are vendors who banned someone on an internet forum for sharing INFORMATION?

Crooked #$#@s...

ps... I plan on cutting a 5 rounder into a 2 rounder for skeet shooting. Will post a thread on it if success...

Why cut it?

1) Modding stuff is fun.

2) I like all size mags, even the small ones are cool. When I'm at the range with my ak I like using a 10 rounder sometimes. Just seems more appropriate skeet shooting to not have a large clip protruding.