First Time Saiga Purchase Disappointment

Ordered a Saiga IZ 139 308 from Davidsons Gun Genie. Gun was sold under the Arsenal Inc. product line out of Las Vegas Nv. Price was good and the firearm was shipped to my local dealer.

I'm in California so I waited my 10 days for DOJ backround check and picked up the rifle tonight. I actually inspected the rifle a few days ago and all looked good.

Went through the box at the local dealer when i picked up the gun tonight, all was good, rifle is there, magazine, manual. and cleaning kit in a seperate plastic bag.

To my surprise when I unpackaged the the box contents when i got home, magazine is 7.62x39 instead of 7.62x51! Shit!

I will contact my local retailer in the morning but was wondering whose mistake this would be. Is it all the way back to the manufacturer or a fault of on Arsenal Inc.? In addition to the Saiga stamping on the receiver it's also stamped FIME Group Las Vegas NV.

Any Comments?

Dang.

I dunno, but they oughta sort it out. It sure would seem cheaper to ship you a new magazinefor free then to ship the whole bunle.

Pick up some extras from CSSPecs. He manufactures steel magazines.

• Like 2

Probably should just get a x39 to rifle to go with the mag.

And get some 308 mags.

I like your thinkin, but i need bucks for other recreational pursuits.

If thats the biggest problem you have then call it fortunate.

You needed more mags anyway.

Csspecs or Surefire either are good mags, just wish CS was making them in 15rds again.

Have Csspecs on order.

Dang.

I dunno, but they oughta sort it out. It sure would seem cheaper to ship you a new magazinefor free then to ship the whole bunle.

Pick up some extras from CSSPecs. He manufactures steel magazines.

My retailer has contacted Arsenal Inc. this morning In an attempt to easily correct this error. Got no customer service from them in 5 hours, hopefully we get something positive from them tomorrow.

Arsenal Inc. product line out of Las Vegas Nv. Price was good

haha.gif

You're a Douche with a fitting profession!

Edited by Glenn L

If thats the biggest problem you have then call it fortunate.

You needed more mags anyway.

Csspecs or Surefire either are good mags, just wish CS was making them in 15rds again.

Yeah I need to get on that.. I ended up selling my personal set of 15s to some guy that kept hounding me for them. Should have the stamped 10 round out inside a month.

[

Yeah I need to get on that.. I ended up selling my personal set of 15s to some guy that kept hounding me for them. Should have the stamped 10 round out inside a month.

Just seems that 15 rd is a perfect size for that rifle.

• 4 weeks later...

shut the fuck up asshole, i was joking about arsenals prices, that wasn't directed at you, think for 5 seconds before you go pounding on your keyboard

LOL!!

RH doesn't tend to hold back so I seriously doubt he'll ever get ulcers. Looks like he scared Glenn off too. Or maybe he was just another 3 post wonder.

Well I guess it's about time I upgrade myself to a 4 post wonder. I'm not sensitive at all I thought the RH comments were funny too.

He's a douche and I'm an asshole, i'm sure we'd get along great if we met!!

Got my mag issue straightened out, had to take my retailer out of the loop and deal direct with Arsenal Inc. to get it jump started. I had the feeling all along that Arsenal thought I was trying to scam them and get another 308 mag for free so they waited to ship out the correct 308 mag until they got the 7.62x 39 mag in hand that I shipped to them.

The mag issue wasn't Arsenals fault, it was in the factory packaging, someone at the factory had a brain fart I suppose.

I love the Saiga 308!! My son has even given it a nickname,we call it "The Big Nasty"! Really happy and surprised with accuracy right out of the box, put right around 100 rounds through it so far with no issues or malfunctions. I'm so impressed with the rifle that I will probably buy another in 7.62-39.

I'm going to add an RS products scope mount and some sort of red dot optic, unless someone has another recomendation that interests me, and call it good.

Well I guess it's about time I upgrade myself to a 4 post wonder. I'm not sensitive at all I thought the RH comments were funny too.

Well, rats! I was hoping that I'd finally found another nice, sensitive guy such as myself but it appears I'll have to keep on looking. I'm so nice I used to have a Mean People Suck bumper sticker on my car. That is until I saw another sticker that added Nice People Swallow. That was mean. It sucked too.

I'm actually a very nice father of two sons and the grandpa of two boys.

My youngest son is a successful offroad motorcycle desert racer here in the So Cal High Desert, Our main recreation focus is on that and we do our gun thing to get away from that grind.

Arsenal Inc. product line out of Las Vegas Nv. Price was good

You can't take anything Hammer says seriously. :)

Anyhow, I say just keep the mag till you can actually buy a x39 Saiga.

Sorry to hear about you living in the People's Republic of California.

now you're getting the idea, you might fit in here wink.png

Edited by Russian Hammer