New S12/Tromix owner!

Well, got my first S12 back from Tony @ Tromix this week and took it to the range yesterday. And I have to say, that's more fun than any man should be allowed to have!

Definately have to find the best place for inexpensive ammo here in Anchorage... the 75+ rounds I took went really, REALLY fast. LOL

Best part was having a few other shooters walk over and ask questions and take a look at it. Anyone else in Anchorage, or closeby, give a shout.

I'll see if I can get a pic uploaded in the next few days - something tells me I'll be making another trip out to the range very soon!

Yeah! The fuck man? You can't tease us like that!

Seriously though, congrats on receiving your weapon, these things are almost the most fun you can have with your pants on. Actually, if you live out in the boonies like my buddy, you could step out on the front porch and dump a mag with no pants on...

• Like 2

I'm sure I'll piss some people off by saying this, but Tony's guns really are the Gold Standard in Saiga-12's.

Once you've closely examined and shot one you will know why I make this bold statement, but those who have understand it fully.

• Like 2

Bob speaks the truth, like it or don't !!

Flawless in appearance, fit and finish, and function !! Top of the heap in all aspects !!

(........and the list opens up for TROMIX guns on June 1st !!!, so don't miss out !!)

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 1

yeah yeah yeah... I'll get pics up today, I promise! :-) Sorry, what was I thinking!

And yeah, talk about a thing of beauty... almost surprised it's the same gun I sent in. AlI have done since was add a foregrip and a lot of mags- with some more on the way!

And I'm thinking of a 2nd for the June 1 opening, again. Let the sickness begin.... I'm on the hunt for cheap ammo today, since getting weathered out from a trip I was hoping to take it on.

I'm sure I'll piss some people off by saying this, but Tony's guns really are the Gold Standard in Saiga-12's.

Once you've closely examined and shot one you will know why I make this bold statement, but those who have understand it fully.

+1

The work of Tony's that I've seen blows me away & I've learned a whole lot from examining his work.

From his vertical charger mounting position & H&K weld on sight combination making for by far the most simple, practical, lightest, quickest to charge heavy duty combat shotgun, to his safety stops, his SRT system that's like a mouse-click in operation, not to mention Tromix is the first on so many other mods that have just become standard practice for nearly every reputable builder.

Everybody must respect Tromix.

There's a very good reason he's known as "The Godfather of the S-12".

What rail is that? Did Tony have to size it? Is it Moly Resin coated to match your shotty? I need a new one for my Tromix S12.

The top rail, or forgrip rail? Either way, they are the 'optional' ones Tromix offers. It sure seems to be coated the same as everything else. Gonna go shoot again tomorrow, and this time try my EOTech holosight on it!

+1

The work of Tony's that I've seen blows me away & I've learned a whole lot from examining his work.

From his vertical charger mounting position & H&K weld on sight combination making for by far the most simple, practical, lightest, quickest to charge heavy duty combat shotgun, to his safety stops, his SRT system that's like a mouse-click in operation, not to mention Tromix is the first on so many other mods that have just become standard practice for nearly every reputable builder.

Everybody must respect Tromix.

There's a very good reason he's known as "The Godfather of the S-12".

Hey Pauly,

I'm interested in a polish order from you, but not willing to lose my S12 for the summer... is there a slower time for you? I may look to send it to get done after the snow flies here in October - that busier or slower for you...

PM sent... but the rails are an added option ordered at the time I got on the list, along with the other stuff... I assume he has a system for having the right size/brand/whatever. Hell, they may be made specifically for him, for all I know. All I know is I ordered stuff, and got awesome stuff back! haha.gif

Another day at the range, and another 100 rounds downrange. Shooting everything I can throw at it, and it just spits it out flawlessly.

So... where's the best deal for another S-12? big_smile.gif

Bob, I agree with you 100%. Tony's guns are works of art and the standard by which all others should strive for.

I have seen many conversions, and have had several of Tony's guns (SBS's) come through here on NFA transfers....They are absolutely beautiful, and without a doubt, the best, in quality and reputation.

The only thing I don't like about the "standard" Tromix conversion is the tg/pg nut combo, but that's just personal preference.

It sure sounds like you are talking about the DIY guard, which is not how the Tromix factory guns are done.

The only thing I don't like about the "standard" Tromix conversion is the tg/pg nut combo, but that's just personal preference.

It sure sounds like you are talking about the DIY guard, which is not how the Tromix factory guns are done.

Yes that is the part I was talking about. Forgive my ignorance, but most of the pics I've seen of Tromix factory guns have the same shape to the trigger guard, so I assumed they were the same part. Obviously I was wrong, (it does happen occasionally :D ).

So, the standard Tromix S-12 builds use a standard pg nut with the required hole cut in the receiver then?

No. The guard and the PG mount are both TIG welded to the receiver.

We designed the DIY mount for people to be able to do their own conversions, without fabricating skills or equipment. Naturally we designed it to look like the regular Tromix guard.

No. The guard and the PG mount are both TIG welded to the receiver.

We designed the DIY mount for people to be able to do their own conversions, without fabricating skills or equipment. Naturally we designed it to look like the regular Tromix guard.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that, Bob.