Single point sling idea.

Have you taken a look at the products offered by Echo93? They manufacture sling mount plates that are installed between the pistol grip and receiver, so no permanent alteration to the gun is required. Basically results in a steel loop for use with mash hooks, HK hooks, etc. Though the high hand position with a US Palm grip (I have one myself) makes choices of the E93 products more limited. The style of buttstock can influence workable options as well. I'm trying out a V3 at present; haven't decided if I like it yet.

• Like 1

Thinking about putting a push button single point in this position. 3/8" hole right in the side of the rec. Right now it's just sitting in place mocked up. What do you think?

Ive found that the S12 is just too damn heavy for a single pointer. I dont use a sling at all for that reason.

• Like 1

I have looked at the Echo93 mounts. Good point about the US Palm grip not jiving with them, hadn't thought of that and I love my grip. +1 for the push button. I can't imagine it wouldn't work but I want to be 100% sure and exhaust my options before I put a gaping hole in the S12.

The V3 can work with the US Palm; it depends largely on your individual grip style/thumb position. Looking at pics of the V2 got me thinking about it, originally. Most rifles I found pictured with it had the traditional AK grips, which don't position your hand as close to the receiver, but the design of the V2 and other versions of their mounts made me suspect that the knuckle of one's thumb might rub on it when using the US Palm. There were a few user pics I found around online with rifles using the US Palm and the V2, which confirmed my suspicion, and I didn't want the rear-facing mount of the V1, so V3 it was. It's quite sturdy, and works nicely for its intended purpose. However, I'm not sure the thumb thing won't still be somewhat of an issue after long shooting sessions. We'll see.

These receivers aren't made of tin foil...

I measured the depth of a aluminum DPH stock sling swivel hole and the steel S12 rec. thickness and they were very close. The rec being slightly thicker in fact. These were hard to measure with a calipers but looks all good. Only thing that bothers me is eventually it could waller out the hole I'll need to drill in the plastic stock stub which I could then epoxy a piece of 3/8" ID metal tubing. May just do that right off for support to keep it tight. I've tried to keep my gun light weight but it's still a bit of a beastie.

A wide washer would distribute the pulling forces out enough to keep the hole from cracking but the only way a hole would get wollared out would be by friction, since I'm assuming that you're going to actually tighten the fastener that holds the sling point, I wouldn't worry about that...

It's pretty solid. I'll put the fancy Magpul sling on tonite. It's one of those that goes from single point to 2 or 3 point.

Drill pilot hole and then 3/8" hole being careful not to ream the hole out any bigger than needed. I would do it with your stock in place paying attention to yer depth. I did it with the stock out, PITA. Then take the stock out and ream it larger to account for the ball detents that hold the mount in place. Additionally the rec was just a hair thick so you will have to take some material off. I opted to do this on the internal side with a dremel tool. I stuck the dremel chuck trough the hole then I chucked up a grinding bit and ground with the bottom side of the stone. Hope that made sense.

Better idea. Pilot hole w/ stock in place. Remove stock. 3/8" hole in rec. Then hole in stock while it's out, 7/16 to 1/2" ought to do it.

Position is ok if you do not use a slide on QR sight mount.

It would be in the way if you did.

IT is a push button release. He can pop off the sling stud, slide on the scope and put the sling back.

• Like 1