My oldest son graduated Basic Combat Training at Fort Jackson this morning as his Company's Soldier of the Cycle. Impressive ceremony yesterday for Family Day and today for Graduation. It made me very proud to see him "coined" by the Post Commander, Brigade Commander, and his Battalion Commander for his accomplishments. Proud Daddy of a Soldier today!

• Like 15

Thanks for the kind words guys. I put him on the bus at Ft. Jackson this morning for AIT, then hauled ass back home as my 17 year old stayed behind as he couldn't miss his Junior ROTC Change of Command Ceremony. He couldn't miss that as he was promoted to Cadet LtCol and Battalion Commander for next year in High School. That's what you get for having two Military brats who know nothing different I guess. On a funny note, I met my oldest's Drill Sergeants and thanked them. They put him in for Soldier of the Cycle because they said he always exceeded the standard amongst his peers. They also accused him of being part of a Militia as he knew his weapons stuff well. They said he had a M249 SAW field stripped and was working on cleaning it in the field before they even taught him how to break it down. That really made me proud! (I prepped him a bit)! :) Sorry for going on, still on Cloud 9!

• Like 1